Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    the top nacelle in that picture has got 2 white dots on it, are those lights or is it just catching the sun as it moves?

I'm just using the shuttle as a ref for the nacelles, but I could do with screengrabs of it incase I need ideas for detailing the yacht (panels and stuff)

you say the bottom of the yacht's nacelle is the same as the top of the shuttle's one? I figured the modellers would just copy it to save time, there's some panels and the attachment wing on top of the shuttles nacelle, so perhaps they've flipped it over for the yacht and the top of the yacht's nacelle is in fact blank like the bottom of the shuttles

I also read there was a deleted scene on the DVD showing the yacht get destroyed, I wonder if there's any good views of it there
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9841 Posts: 5,334Member
    You prolly have these but down on the page are the 5 views of the shuttle showing a bottom view. I dont know how accurate they are but its from ST Fact Files. Further down is the yacht but it doesnt seem to accurete either. I just watched this Film to get visuals of that things data flys around.

Ex Astris Scientia - Starship Gallery - Federation Shuttlecraft
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    yup I got those already, thanks for trying though
  • AlphathonAlphathon0 Posts: 0Member
    I checked up on those 2 little dots, and its definitely not catching the sun (its uniformly lit up all around the curve that the shuttle flies in. I think they may be maneuvering thrusters or something, coz they are on the side of the shuttle which is tilting up, and I doubt they are lights (why would they only be lit up on one side...unless of course they're some kind of indicator hehe)
    Here is that interior we were talking about in the other thread.
    Its not any bigger but quite a bit sharper.
    e-interior.jpg
    I dont for the life of me remember where I got it either since I havent been able to locate it at ex astris so shrug. I might have it in this hardback I just got so if I do Ill scan the stuff in.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I can't wait to see this thing finished. It's the best Enterprise E I have seen on the net. I wish I had half of your talent.
    I'm definately adding that as an interior, it should be cool

here's an old test animation I found a few minutes ago, I was testing the modelled geometry behind the deflector which should make it look like it's lit from inside, yes I know it's the wrong colour but I was messing around with after effects filters when I made this, it's a bit slow but if you scrub the timeline back and forth it should be clear how the lighting looks

Deflector.avi
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Here is that interior we were talking about in the other thread.
    Its not any bigger but quite a bit sharper.
    e-interior.jpg
    I dont for the life of me remember where I got it either since I havent been able to locate it at ex astris so shrug. I might have it in this hardback I just got so if I do Ill scan the stuff in.

where is this on the ship anyway? It looks like its connected to the drydock port. but I always thought that was connected to the shuttlebay.
    um thats the ass end of the capitans yacht

Cannot wait to see this area modeled! I was looking at it for some time thinking of a way to utilise some of it for the prokject Im doing now. Not to mention wishing the rez was at least 2X higher.

And beh the book I have only goes up to First Contact.
    oh,.. ok
  • tooie32tooie320 Posts: 7Member
    Wow cool I seen that shine looks that realistic great work I wish I could make one that realistic shine.

Great work.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Cannot wait to see this area modeled! I was looking at it for some time thinking of a way to utilise some of it for the prokject Im doing now. Not to mention wishing the rez was at least 2X higher.
    yeah I'm really glad I was shown that now, it'll be a great interior

I've looked at some screencaps and I can actually see that doorway inside the dock when the ship launches, so I can match it up to the outside at least, but I don't know how I'll match it up with the inside part you see in insurrection
    ok I've redone the nacelle to get the shape right, it's a little taller and thinner than before, as well as other shape tweaks, it's finished this now unless I find more refs that tell me otherwise, I think I might be missing a small panel right at the back, and I don't know if the top panels are different to the bottom, but I think it looks good

this is the bottom of the nacelle btw, the top has no registry or stripes on it

*edit* - again I'm using a bad monitor, so I hope that image isn't too bright
  • AlphathonAlphathon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good to me :) (doesn't look too bright to me either). The Field Grill needs some work though
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Hmm it seems quite bright, but not horrifically so :) Looks very nice, and the details look quality, but I can't tell if it's actually right or not hehe :)
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Aye it is a bit bright, but I'll let you off this once! Nah, tis looking great mate - and good to see you back on this one too!
    another update, I'm trying to block in the shape of the yacht, pretty tricky so far but I'm sure I'll get there, I think the back is correct, but the front isn't

if anyone has any suggestions on shape and detail I'd be happy to hear them, and again my apologies for poor brightness
    You probably have these Dave but its worth a shot I suppose.

ACTD - Advanced Starship Design Bureau | Sovereign-class Specs
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That bottom render looks cool!
    done more on the front, I still don't really have a clue if I'm right or not, I'm not happy with the way it looks at the moment, the bottom and the back should be fine, but where the front blends with the top, around the front glass and places, it looks really wrong
    ok another attempt, I think it looks better but I'm still not entirely happy with the shape
    Keep at it you'll get it right.;)

The progress dose look good so far.

Oh I have found a yacht that I have gotten but not sure were I gotten it from but heres some pics to help ya I out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/tooie32/yacht.jpg
    now that is the sort of thing I've been looking for, can you do me more views of that? especially top front veiws, it looks like whoever has done that model has got it correct
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    That front looks just like the references that have been posted already. I know because my model looks like that, too and I used those references. Looks really good so far :thumb:
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    The deflector avi looks really nice. I'm sure you'll get the yacht shape down just right soon enough now too! Did you add any of the lighting effects/glows/bokeh to the deflector in post (in AE?) or were they done all in LW? I only ask, as they look very slick! :D
    when I was messing about with it in AE I did duplicate the layer and keyed out all the darkest bits, then added the flares to that, they look a bit crap though really

but the point is that the shine exists in LW as 3D geometry behind the deflector, so it should look cool even without AE :)

(in fact you can see an un-modified render of it in the very first post)
    Heres more photos for ya glad they help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/tooie32/yacht2.jpg
    ^ I have, but the model that made it to the film was different from the concept art - which that kit is based on, so it's not as helpful as I would like, it does give me an excuse to add stripes on top of the nacelles though, mine are looking a little bare