Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    IRML wrote: »
    you're correct there is a setting for expanding the edges, but it's really ****e :p,

That should've been fixed. I'm sure it was though....though it may be a later build.

M
  • Lt. WashburnLt. Washburn331 Posts: 7Member
    That's so nice.
  • seanrseanr1145 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 608Member
    Looks fantastic.
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    and, you finished?
  • SakuraTakedaSakuraTakeda1 Posts: 0Member
    Well Dave, you made my jaw drop with the D. When I finally saw more than the conferance lounge I got tears in my eyes. You continue to blow me away with your modelling skills. As always, its inspiring, jaw-dropping and beautiful. and I dont consider you a member of the insane detail club. I say your the President!! I hope your PC is able to keep up with you because your ahead of the game. I'd be happy to model a desent saucer section ;D
    mattc wrote: »
    That should've been fixed. I'm sure it was though....though it may be a later build.

M

Still a couple of bugs to be rectified here. NT is aware of them however.

M
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    whoa how did i miss this? lookin great Dave. :)
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I know this is on the front page, but I love the way that inside the nacelle, there appears to be three nacelles from Archers enterprise.

Cant wait to see the next render.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    not really, it's just what you see here, I hadn't even seen enterprise when I started building this
    Well they are similar looking anyway, makes sence that it has mutiple redundancy built into the collectors, always seemed a bit silly that most ships only had one in each nacelle.
    I've redone the torp launcher, I wasn't happy with the first one and the new one is now more true to the concept art, I've also got rid of those pikey details on the back :p

here's a comparison between the two of them

Old
    OldThumb.jpg

New
    NewThumb.jpg
    btw I'm on a really dark monitor, so I can't tell if those images are too bright or not, I hope they came out ok
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    Wowsers, pretty detailed. I certainly shouldn't go that route when I start detailing my Starbase, should I? :devil:

Brightness is alright. I like the new version much better, too.
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    New one looks much better
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Oww very nice!
    Brightness is fine, and no more moire lines on the grill.
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    I do like the new version, though I did like all the little detailed pipes and such on your old one too! :D
    Gee, Dave, that's looking pretty snazzy, so far.....fool! :)
    tobian wrote: »
    I do like the new version, though I did like all the little detailed pipes and such on your old one too! :D
    I really thought the pipers were shizer, like I placed them there without thinking about it at all, they didn't belong
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Here I liked both! The big improvement for me was the grill lines.
    what's this then?

if anyone has any refs of the captain's yacht - screenshots and stuff - I'd be grateful if they posted them here, also the type 11 (or whatever that other shuttle from insurrection is called) shares the same nacelles I think, so if anyone has any refs of that I'd be grateful if you post them here too

I may need to redo this if I've got it wrong
  • seanrseanr1145 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 608Member
    Sweet.
  • AlphathonAlphathon0 Posts: 0Member
    Do you plan on doing the Argo as well?

For reference, I dunno how accurate these are, but they're from the star trek fact files, so they're probably pretty close:
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

And the Type-11 shuttle (which does seem to have the same nacelles, despite the differences on the shuttles digrams, see below)...

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    got them all but thanks anyway, as far as the top view goes that's the best reference I have, the bottom of the yacht and nacelles I've got some good screenshots but the top almost nothing
    Alphathon wrote: »
    Do you plan on doing the Argo as well?
    nope, well never say never, but I'm doing the yacht because you can see it on the exterior of the ship, I did it with the galaxy class for the same reason, I don't see the need to do the argo, and as for the type 11 - well someone's done a quite nice looking one already so I don't feel the need to do that either, but I'll have a ready made pair of nacelles for it if I ever do feel like doing it :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Don't know if these help you much, but there shot from the original ILM First Contact model.
    got them already, but the yacht was completely different in insurrection
  • Mr. WildeMr. Wilde197 Posts: 121Member
    Very nice. Just out of interest, how many polys do you use for rounding the edges of details (a.k.a. what does the VertiBevel profile look like?).
    ^whatever I feel is necessary, in this case it was 4 segments for the bevels around the grills and bussards, and only a single segment bevel for the panels on top, most of the time if it's more than 1 segment I add a buffer bevel to help with smoothing problems too
  • AlphathonAlphathon0 Posts: 0Member
    I had a look at the movie and tried to get some screen caps of the yacht, but considering its only on for about 15 seconds, its not that easy. I got some quite good ones of the shuttle though if you want them (are you actually making the shuttle, or are you just using it as reference for the nacelles?) I've only uploaded the underside shot, and the top of the nacelle is the same as the bottom of the yachts nacelle, but i can do the others if ya like. The bottom of the shuttles ones seem pretty much blank though (no paneling or anything