Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Yup thats what I mean.
    Maybe it would fire faster if it were not the size of a house?
  • cjabatescjabates0 Posts: 0Member
    jimi kane: looks REAL nice- can I use it for my Freelancer mod?

specs2: maybe if you flipped the 'wings' to go to the back instead of the front- to keep in line with the 'toilet bowl' big ships
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I was going to surgest making the back into the front but cjabates beat me to it however if you did do that then you would have the room for mekalas weapon and also the dark gray strips that run down the pincers could be the engines in the same way that the larger ship have the ring
    i keep that in mind for a second design. kinda looks like a fish in my imagination.
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    cjabates: sure, but is there like a poly limit for the models? Its not a big issue (the models well low poly) :thumb:
  • cjabatescjabates0 Posts: 0Member
    FL's poly limit is somewhere around 15-20k for a ship. If you don't have a texture for it, that's ok- I've got a graphic artist friend who's done a few textures for me.
    Well im gonna texture it like a stargate ship, but if you want to retexture it thats fine. Just give me creds first dude.:D :thumb:
    Finished the nukes. She can hold 5. Just a few more little details and im ready to texture (:( I hate texturing)
    Specs2 heres what I had in mind. For an Ori fighter
    Please excuse the crudeness but it's a scribble from work.
    mikala wrote:
    Specs2 heres what I had in mind. For an Ori fighter
    Please excuse the crudeness but it's a scribble from work.
    I like it although i think the back of the canopy should merge into the hull :)
    i agree! nice concept though! it just needs a glowy thing on it! lol
    i like the concept too. it's different to mine though. I thought of going with the rough shape of my shape, so far as I have it now, and only improve it.
    when I get home I'll play with your version.
  • viper01870viper018700 Posts: 0Member
    all i can say is great ships and will be looking forwerd to see new ones
    Here is another idea I had at work.
    I know it is not SGC but hey the bad guys need ships too!
  • thorthefifththorthefifth0 Posts: 0Member
    now that is interesting. I like the whole idea of the pilot standing and the lack of wings. Kinda looks like a cacoon. Really hate to see one of those coming at me. Mostly I wouldn't know what to think. Great idea. I want to see that in 3D.
  • cookycooky0 Posts: 0Member
    I like that design. It captures Ori ship arcitecture well, I think.

Here's a destroyer/cruiser/frigate (can't make up my mind which it should be) design I've been working on latelly.

308e.jpg

Larger Pic.
    Hey now give us some more views of that please!
  • cookycooky0 Posts: 0Member
    front/side views. Still needs lots of work, obviosly. I've got 4 other stargate designs going as well. So many projects, so little time.
    308g.jpg

308f.jpg
  • thorthefifththorthefifth0 Posts: 0Member
    looks sorta like a yacht or a naval cruiser from the side view. Looks awesome. You can see the Prometheus influence in it definately. I like the prometheus much better than Daedalus so I like to see designs that incorporate more Prommy features.
    i always thought the prommy was the ugliest thing ive ever seen, but it had a good reason for that, so i forgive it.:lol:
    Mikala
    Now that dose look cool:)

Cooky
    Nice design looks like a frigate to me :thumb: :thumb:
    mikala wrote:

I agree, that one really looks cool. I keep it on my list.
    Hi all :)
    I'm looking at having this done by the end of the weekend so here's an update
    rear missile tubes done top and bottom
    mid section done landing bays in place, mock up of the structure to join the landing bays to the main hull in place this part may contain zero G cargo bays for large cantainers and extending docking clamps for medium size ships but have not made up my mind yet. Also I'm after surgestions for the large ship docking area at the far end i'm leaning towards something like the shipyard in B5 a call to arms (i think it was in that film) that was a long arm with a ship on either side.
    Holy now doesn't that look like a poly hog!
    That must be one dense mesh!
    Hats off to you.
    Needs moe guns!...joking:)
    :eek:
    wow
    thats riduculously detailed

heh
    your computer must love it:D

awsome looking ship
    i love it
    thanks chaps:D
    Yer it is a bit on the dense side currently 996K poly's :eek: the image took about 15-20 min to render with radiosity so i don't think thats to bad.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    mikala wrote:

Mikala, do you even do your job anymore? :lol: I would have thought they fired you by now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :fishslap: Just kidding. You have some serious skills with sketches, modeling too.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Raffs wrote:
    Hi all :)
    I'm looking at having this done by the end of the weekend so here's an update
    rear missile tubes done top and bottom
    mid section done landing bays in place, mock up of the structure to join the landing bays to the main hull in place this part may contain zero G cargo bays for large cantainers and extending docking clamps for medium size ships but have not made up my mind yet. Also I'm after surgestions for the large ship docking area at the far end i'm leaning towards something like the shipyard in B5 a call to arms (i think it was in that film) that was a long arm with a ship on either side.

OK, here's my 3 cents.

1.) Make the fighter bays larger in comparson to the rest of the station. So that one bay takes up the entire height of the main body.
    2.) add a second main body and bay
    3.) make the large ship docking similar to current airport passageways. (They can extend and move around to adjust to the ship.)
    4.) put in more windows in an area that is specifically a "housing" area

All in all, Sheeezaaaam that is good looking! What kind of tug you got rendering that puppy? Over 900K polys huh? WOW! Groovy!
    freekzilla wrote:
    OK, here's my 3 cents.

1.) Make the fighter bays larger in comparson to the rest of the station. So that one bay takes up the entire height of the main body.
    2.) add a second main body and bay
    3.) make the large ship docking similar to current airport passageways. (They can extend and move around to adjust to the ship.)
    4.) put in more windows in an area that is specifically a "housing" area

All in all, Sheeezaaaam that is good looking! What kind of tug you got rendering that puppy? Over 900K polys huh? WOW! Groovy!
    Hi mate
    Here's the specs
    Windows XP
    AMD64 4000
    one 120 gig HD
    two Gforce 7200GT's
    And 8 fans
    As for the layout it will stay more or less as is as i like it although i've added a passage way down the center and i've mocked up the large ship docking area also there are some windows on the model but they will not show up until it's textured however i do have plans to add more.:D
This discussion has been closed.