Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    -Raynor- wrote:
    Yes, I know that flagships and Ha'tak are symetrical, but Scarab is next-generation ship. It's intention that Scarab is diferent. I want ship with pyramide,because I want some 'mythological feeling', but also ship without some 'ring' around that pyramide like in Ha'tak. However, in Scarab that pyramide can separate from 'black' aft section, just like Galaxy class in Star Trek.

I actually kinda like it. It's different. In most cases, ship designs evolve over time. Surely with all the interaction with the Tau'ri, Goa'uld designs would have evolved too. Just speculation I know. But we may never know if the Goa'uld were working on something, behind the scenes so to speak.

Here's an idea, what if the pyramid was a little different, say a Mayan type of pyramid instead of the Egyptian smooth style? After all, they never explained why there were 3 ancient cultures with pyramids, Egyptian, Mayan and there are pyramids in Thailand. Could they all be related somehow? Hmmmm? :idea:
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Hmmmm sounds like someone watched AVP.
    mikala wrote:
    Hmmmm sounds like someone watched AVP.

I am so busted!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Hey, you never know, the Goa'uld are in hiding right now. They could be working on something like that. You gotta expect that they are really P.O.'ed at us right now. They've got to be up to something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    freekzilla wrote:
    Hey, you never know, the Goa'uld are in hiding right now. They could be working on something like that. You gotta expect that they are really P.O.'ed at us right now. They've got to be up to something.

the gould are pretty much done. almost all of their resources are gone and they have little if any jaffa loyal to them
    Just remember it's scifi so anything can and usually does happen.
    Dallidas wrote:
    the gould are pretty much done. almost all of their resources are gone and they have little if any jaffa loyal to them

Pretty much done and completely done are two different things. If they are so bad off, then why did they send a symbiote to Atlantis inside of Col. Caldwell? They may be down, but they are not completely out. I think they'll rear their ugly little heads eventually.
    freekzilla wrote:
    Pretty much done and completely done are two different things. If they are so bad off, then why did they send a symbiote to Atlantis inside of Col. Caldwell? They may be down, but they are not completely out. I think they'll rear their ugly little heads eventually.

i never said they were done. i said they have no armies nor resources left, therefore cannot return to full glory or even 1/4 of what they had.

plus from what the directors have said, the gould arnt a problem any more, the ori are our new threat
    freekzilla wrote:
    Hey Raffs, nice. That detail is crazy! Quite inspiring actually. Would you mind if I take a try at making something like it? It won't be as good as yours, but I'd be interested to see what I could make.
    Sure no problem mate:)
    Raffs wrote:
    Sure no problem mate:)

Goodie goodie gum drop! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't mind me now, I've been hitting the sauce.
    freekzilla wrote:
    Goodie goodie gum drop! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't mind me now, I've been hitting the sauce.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM spaghetti!
    wrong kind of sauce. ;)
    Hey, take a look at this pic. Doesn't the front of it look VERY familiar? And I don't mean from Starship troopers either.
    Wonderful picture indeed !!!
    baptiste11 wrote:
    Wonderful picture indeed !!!

Baptiste11, it's not my picture. I found it on the net. I saved it because I saw something in it that reminded me of something on Stargate. When I checked it out, I saw more than just a similarity. That's why i posted it. Sorry, not my pic. I'm not even close to being that good of a modeler.:(
    Raffs, here's my first idea on a SG space station. WIP of course. What ya think?
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    that looks good, are those hangar bays able to fit daedalus size vessels???
    that looks good, are those hangar bays able to fit daedalus size vessels???

No, unfortunately not. I am planning on putting an airport style "jetway" that can hook up to the Daedalus class' ports though. That way several Big D's can "dock" with the station. The bays can however fit everything up to the size of an Al'kesh or perhaps a little bigger. Primarily, the hangar bays will have fighters and a yet to be built earth based small craft along the lines of the puddle jumpers. The Daedalus is there mainly for scaling.
    This is the Helios I posted on another thread. I accidentally named it the Helion. Oops! But it's a Daedalus derivative, using many parts from it in a new configuration.

The beta version was before I made some revisions to geometry and texturing.
    The last renders are exelent, wonderful job, again !
    And here's a little ship I made a while back. (prior to bump mapping) It's the Copernicus. A nice little ship made to serve as a mobile laboratory. The Prometheus lives on in this little bugger. :cool:
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    freekzilla wrote:
    And here's a little ship I made a while back. (prior to bump mapping) It's the Copernicus. A nice little ship made to serve as a mobile laboratory. The Prometheus lives on in this little bugger. :cool:
    It's good to see smaller ship for a change!
    Well done with that.
    bar.
    Why thank you ol' chap! Yeah, I like the smaller ships as well. Not the REALLY small ones like f-302 and Death Gliders, but the ones right smack in the middle. Funny thing is, the smaller ships, like the Copernicus and my earlier Diligent model were actually harder to do. It's easier to hide goofs on the bigger models. Not to mention a heck of a lot easier selecting the individual pieces while modeling and texturing. Some of the small ones drove me nuts getting them to fit right. And they STILL aren't perfect.
    The mid-sized ones are a great premise, because you could fit a gate into them easily and transport it to another planet.
    I know Baal tried that, but i thought of it back when the Al'kesh first made an appearance...
    Remember when the rogue NID agents stole the gate from the SGC? That was on an Al'Kesh. Really, having smaller ships is not a bad idea. Resources are limited and building big Daedalus class ships for everything is impossible. I like those mid sized ships. I really don't like the idea of having one ship class serving all of Earth's needs.
    freekzilla wrote:
    Remember when the rogue NID agents stole the gate from the SGC? That was on an Al'Kesh.
    I know. I mentioned this before in this thread, but i once built a model of a "what if" craft built by the SGC. It was meant to be the Tau'ri equivalent of the Tel-tak. It was designed to hold a gate in its cargo hold.
    My big idea was that it would exit hyperspace, in orbit of a planet(Probably crawling with Jaffa), and land on the surface. Because the ship had a stargate on board, all the SGC needed to do was dial the gate, and send battalions of troops through(So the soldiers would not be exposed to danger until the ship was at it's destination). Only the ships crew and one stargate would actually be onboard, but thousands of troops could keep coming down the ramp, because they would all just be coming from the SGC...
    freekzilla wrote:
    Raffs, here's my first idea on a SG space station. WIP of course. What ya think?
    Looks like a good start It's got a nice moduler feel to it ,on the modeling side your edges look a bit sharp you may want to look at putting a bevel on them also on the scale side of things if that is the scale with a deadalus class then the windows on the control tower need to be alot smaller
    but as i said good start keep it up.:)
    freekzilla wrote:
    Hey, take a look at this pic. Doesn't the front of it look VERY familiar? And I don't mean from Starship troopers either.

that ship is from starship troopers or otherwise known as roughnecks.
    But if there were Jaffa there, wouldn't it likely have a stargate already?
    By the way, you said you use styrene to built your models right? Where do you get that stuff? I like that Tau'ri 'Tek.
    freekzilla wrote:
    But if there were Jaffa there, wouldn't it likely have a stargate already?
    By the way, you said you use styrene to built your models right? Where do you get that stuff? I like that Tau'ri 'Tek.
    There are ways around that(They could bomb the other DHD on the way in...).
    You can buy styrene from any model store(Or look in the phone book for a plastics supplier, or a local signmaker: They usually have a lot of "off-cuts" which they can let you have for very little cost).
    bar.
This discussion has been closed.