Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    -Raynor- wrote:
    Hi, what do you think about this new Goa'uld mothership class, named Scarab. Well, model is not entirely me, Dudartist made it, but I made original concept art.

Raynor_Mastaba.jpg

More views:
    http://stargate-art.wz.cz/Grafika/Scarab.JPG

I like the design :thumb: although i think the black hull would be better in normal Goa'uld colours as that would show up the details better also if you rendered it in a space scean the hull would get lossed unless the lighting was spot on.
    good work keep it up:)
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    SGA-3D wrote:
    I could make some, but I'm a bit busy atm.
    No rush. I was just wondering if you had any other views, but if not, it's no problem.
    bar.
    SGA-3D wrote:
    Sweet. Thanks.
    bar.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    -Raynor- wrote:
    More views:

Pity that I can't download this image. Anyone else have better luck?
    Updates and a full version and SGA 3d. I really LOVE the lighting and texture on yours, you have to show me how you did it.
    Elowan wrote:
    Pity that I can't download this image. Anyone else have better luck?
    heres the working link mate:)
    nice gould ship though! although it seems odd being so unbalanced. the gould designs are always (mostly) symetrical, and balanced.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Thnx Raffs!
  • thorthefifththorthefifth0 Posts: 0Member
    Here you go you guys. This is the railgun Turret I have enginered for implementation on my future ship designs. Attachment not found.

Here it is on a quick fighter design somewhere between a dart and a 302. It holds max 3 folks in the cockpit. I guess that makes it more like a Jumper, but I did design it to go through the gate. Attachment not found.

Here is my current WIP I'm working on, I think I'll make this one exclusive to this thread. Until I can find it a proper name it is the BROKEN, named for my band. It can hold 6 302's per hangar. Eventually it will be able to carry a couple of Hyperion class ships.Attachment not found.

that's all from me tonight, I am so glad to see the cooperation that this thread has been getting. It's been a great place to showcase your models in a friendly environment. Nice Job Freekzilla.
  • SADDAMINSANESADDAMINSANE0 Posts: 0Member
    Good idea to make an Earth jumper ,though you could make it a bit more aerodynamic the boxy part behind the turret would produce huge amounts of drag. Though the Anchents jumper isn't exactly aerodynamic.
    Can't wait to see more.

Bow Before Your God:devil:
    Dallidas wrote:
    nice gould ship though! although it seems odd being so unbalanced. the gould designs are always (mostly) symetrical, and balanced.
    Yes, I know that flagships and Ha'tak are symetrical, but Scarab is next-generation ship. It's intention that Scarab is diferent. I want ship with pyramide,because I want some 'mythological feeling', but also ship without some 'ring' around that pyramide like in Ha'tak. However, in Scarab that pyramide can separate from 'black' aft section, just like Galaxy class in Star Trek.
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Casperhead wrote:
    Updates and a full version and SGA 3d. I really LOVE the lighting and texture on yours, you have to show me how you did it.

You will soon be able to download it from the meshes section, as it is the one and only mesh of mine I am uploading. The textures used are included with Max, although I did make some slight modifications. I use a skylight for the ambient lighting. It may lengthen the render time slightly, but the result is worth it. Instead of using a specular map, I simply give it a high specular level, with just a little gloss to keep the spec within a small area. I use a slight bump map. I hope to have acheived an effect similar to that used on the show, however, my view on this is biased and so I'd prefer not to comment:) .

If you don't mind me saying, the only slight error I see with your Daedalus, is that the neck is too short. I needn't talk though, since I had to modify my own to correct the same problem.
    The Scarab makes the non-pyramid section of the ship look more like a ship and more menecing too
    My second and last ship, also I made only concept, model created by 'Timenchanter' two years ago. It's Earth next-gen ship. Remember, in 2004 wasn't Deadalus, so I imagined next Earth ship as based on Prometheus.

In front 'ball' section is reactor, in aft 'ball' section are hyperdrive and sublight propulsion.

Well, I called it Odyssey class, two years ago :-)

Odysseus01.jpg
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    A basic idea of my textures, very early stages.
  • LiLdevilLiLdevil0 Posts: 0Member
    hello love the ship designs guys i just joined the site, what programs do u guys use and where do u get them <<<<<<<nooby : (
    -Raynor- wrote:
    My second and last ship, also I made only concept, model created by 'Timenchanter' two years ago. It's Earth next-gen ship. Remember, in 2004 wasn't Deadalus, so I imagined next Earth ship as based on Prometheus.

In front 'ball' section is reactor, in aft 'ball' section are hyperdrive and sublight propulsion.

Well, I called it Odyssey class, two years ago :-)

Odysseus01.jpg

damn, that is a really nice ship i love tyhe new touch u added the curves and stuff the humans always seem to make rough and sharp edges
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Well Lil Devil we use 3d programs like 3DS Max, Lightwave, Maya, XSI, Blender, Silo, Modo ....... the list is really long.
    As to where you get them? Well there are internet retailers that sell most of the programs at student rates that are really quite cheap.
    Blender is free and quite powerful.
    Take a look for it and start modeling!
    mikala wrote:
    Well Lil Devil we use 3d programs like 3DS Max, Lightwave, Maya, XSI, Blender, Silo, Modo ....... the list is really long.
    As to where you get them? Well there are internet retailers that sell most of the programs at student rates that are really quite cheap.
    Blender is free and quite powerful.
    Take a look for it and start modeling!
    Thx and quick replied!!!! ill try making cool stuff but i dont know if im that advanced and also, how do people classify their ships in classes it confuses me i mean is there a page with standards
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    Fixed the text, much happier with this. :D
  • thorthefifththorthefifth0 Posts: 0Member
    Here's a tiny update to the so-called BROKEN. I added a large hangar to the front. I now have a basic idea for how large this thing will be but I don't want to even try to put it in scale yet. Trust me though this is just the beginning.
    Attachment not found.

P.S. the flat part there is going to be part of a much larger deck structure. This thing's gonna be big.
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    My Daedalus is available for download now:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/meshes/index.php?dlid=66
  • GrzesiekGrzesiek0 Posts: 0Member
    Here is my addition.

My current fleet (most are 1/2 way done, and ways to go as I change them from Cinema to Blender.)

The Destiny

And size comparison. THe smaller ones are still to be adjusted to proper scale. (proper to human size and not the show)
    Grzesiek wrote:
    Here is my addition.

My current fleet (most are 1/2 way done, and ways to go as I change them from Cinema to Blender.)

The Destiny

And size comparison. THe smaller ones are still to be adjusted to proper scale. (proper to human size and not the show)
    Nice work man :) Ilike them all
    I never realised those damned ORI ships were that big...
    In the shot where we saw them being built, didn't they look smaller than that?
    I may be totally wrong on this, of course...
    bar.
    Bar wrote:
    I never realised those damned ORI ships were that big...
    In the shot where we saw them being built, didn't they look smaller than that?
    I may be totally wrong on this, of course...
    bar.
    The Ori ships are big suckers
    Good beginning Grzesiek ; continue !!
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Raffs wrote:
    Hi all :)
    I'm looking at having this done by the end of the weekend so here's an update
    rear missile tubes done top and bottom
    mid section done landing bays in place, mock up of the structure to join the landing bays to the main hull in place this part may contain zero G cargo bays for large cantainers and extending docking clamps for medium size ships but have not made up my mind yet. Also I'm after surgestions for the large ship docking area at the far end i'm leaning towards something like the shipyard in B5 a call to arms (i think it was in that film) that was a long arm with a ship on either side.

Hey Raffs, nice. That detail is crazy! Quite inspiring actually. Would you mind if I take a try at making something like it? It won't be as good as yours, but I'd be interested to see what I could make.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    aben06 wrote:
    Can I add my ship to the mix . The Ajax . I've been working on it for the last few weeks . All C&C welcome . It's about 90% finished .

Cheers Aben06

Interesting, very interesting. Quite nice I must add.
This discussion has been closed.