Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

1163164165166167169»

• Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    So, It's been a while since i posted anything in here...So here i go.

minnow3la1.jpg

Crew of ten or so... Six missiles.... Eight Rail guns..... single Asgard Beam weapon that operates at around half the strength of the weapons on the DSC-304....Can't remember the dimensions, but it's tiny compared to the DSC-304. Originally called 'Minnow-Class', the ship has been re-named to 'piranha-Class'

newgunship1.jpg
    newgunship2.jpg

Like the Piranha-Class the gunboat is a tiny ship. Crew of seven, the Gunboat is equipped with a number if Missiles (Can't remember how many i designed this to carry :rolleyes:) internally.... and three forward fixed Gatling-cannons under each side pod.
  • freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Hey guys. I'm back for a visit. Just a quick peek to see what's going on.

I don't really model anymore. For several reasons really. The loss of not one but two series, the direction the show was going and especially it's leadership, not to mention my main computer finally dying a painful death from being over worked. Pile on the loss of my job, and debilitating arthritis where I had previously broken my back, has left me both unable to afford a replacement computer and unable to be vertical for the long hours required to tackle such tasks. And, since I have to be laying down for most of the time now, and all I have left is my laptop, I've gotten into a certain video game that is incredibly addictive.

But I am very glad and somewhat surprised that the thread has taken on a life of it's own and continues on without me. A lot has happened in the time I've been away, not the least of which is the death of my mother and several friends I went to high school with. Perhaps when/if things improve I will be able to make my return. Needless to say, I wish you all well and keep the dream alive. Take care all.

"For the Horde"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    shame to hear about ur predicaments, freekz. what game is it that uve become an addict to?
  • truenoirtruenoir171 Posts: 0Member
    I've stumbled upon this topic and couldn't leave without giving it a proper read.

It's too big to read everything but I really liked some of the concepts.
    A while ago I've started a model (one of my first 3DS models, i'm a noob at this) the concept was simple:
    * All purpose spaceship
    * Ancient inspired design
    * Early stages of Ancient civilization
    * Several similar ships could join together for long voyages and exploration like a small city
    * central ship would gather the others (diferent design)
    * Ships capable of "spliting" into several sections to maximize exploration and research
    * Heavy Hulls for rentry and dangerous zones

It's still very rude and needs alot of work but I had to start somehere, since my inspiration is stargate - ancient designs here is a small render of the early stages
    [IMG][/img]1stdesign.th.jpg

It's really awfull compared to some of the work i've seem here but I'm learning ....

good luck

PS - srry for the bad english
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    SGA Maddin wrote: »
    very cool desing! Ceep up the good work.

Here is the latest version of my gate. IA’am still working at the textures. I have problems with the Chevronmaterial... maybee you can help me?!

I can't help except to say there is a part of the gate you haven't modelled yet. It's a ring outside of the upper shoulders. I have reference images of the SGC and SGA gates(As well as the "submerged in water" gate from the ep with the virus), from the last time i was on set(The "submerged" gate was only about a third of a gate, and the images i have are of it under construction).
    I can PM them to you if you like.

And on a tangent, i DO NOT GET e-mail notifications for this site anymore...
    I don't get PM notices OR thread notices.
    So, maybe best to e-mail me at my address below if you want those images.
    Bar.
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    Update on nemesis
    SCIFI.jpg
    very nice Tadz
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    great work so far!
  • mobil homemobil home0 Posts: 0Member
    im loving all the work you's do i have a request.

Can you make a "present day" earth ship that is build to go to earth and atlantis to run suplys, and send people there. I'd love it if you could make it look like the 304asgard ships so like real curved and maybe the "neck" of the 304 ship. The ship will be able to hold its own if needed with new asgard wepions (plasma beam wepions)

Thanks a ton
    Hello Mobil Home and welcome to Sci Fi meshes :)
    mobil home wrote: »
    Can you make a "present day" Earth ship that is build to go to Earth and Atlantis to run supplies, and send people there. I'd love it if you could make it look like the 304Asgard ships so like real curved and maybe the "neck" of the 304 ship. The ship will be able to hold its own if needed with new asgard weapons (plasma beam weapons)

^ theres quite a few ships like that on the forum (ie: the Daedalus design with Asgard bits on them), just don't ask me where because i can't remeber. :lol:

Just wondering, since you haven't stated it in your post, what will you be using the model for?
  • mobil homemobil home0 Posts: 0Member
    The bridge comander game of stargate, ill add the look of the ship over another ship so i'll be able to use that ship to fight.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    [Insult Removed]
    mobil home wrote: »
    I'll add the look of the ship over another ship ...

What do you mean "I'll add the look of the ship over another ship"?

if your re modeling/texturing SOMEONE ELSE'S model you need, need, NEED to get the original mesh builders permission first, as a general courtesy to the time they've put into building, texturing and uploading that mesh.
    ie: you wouldn't want someone to come along with a huge digger and tear up your back gardern "...because they want too". Again, general courtesy :thumb:

if they say no, you could always build your own.

BTW: whats AC3D like as a program? never heard of it before.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    WOW!

Is this the largest thread on here?

There's some great work on this thread.
  • AlbertvsAlbertvs0 Posts: 0Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    WOW!

Is this the largest thread on here?

There's some great work on this thread.
    Hope so :)
  • tadztadz175 Posts: 0Member
    Nemesispanels.jpg

Small update.
    This is looking sweet Tadz....
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    tadz wrote: »
    Small update.
    Long time Tadz and looking great.
    lookin good tadz
  • Awesome work Tadz!! love the detail you put into it!
    dude dont necro post its frowned apon
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Is this thread still alive?
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    meugen06 wrote: »
    Is this thread still alive?

No posts in a year? I'd say it's dead for now.
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    Guys - read only three posts up. Don't necro-post.

As this is the second time that this has happened, and as has been pointed out there have been no new posts in a year, I'm closing the thread.

if the author / interested parties want it re-opening, contact a moderator.
This discussion has been closed.