Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• Look good XJamesx. Thats a real nice PuddleJumper.

Seeing as this thread is getting a bit of a revival, here's a pic of my fleet as it stands. From left to right:
    Oceanic Class (Battleship) - Needs to be finished
    Inferno Class (Destroyer) - Finished, but I'll probably redo
    Samaritan Class (Medical Frigate) - Currently working on
    Gale Class (Scout/Bomber) - Finished
    Phoenix Class (Dropship) - Finished, but I want to redesign
  • XjamesxXjamesx171 Posts: 0Member
    Well done :D
    Are you using Google Sketchup?

Nope.. Solidworks. I use it because it allows me to update wall thickness and features on the fly by just going in and editing sketches. As well as keep part tolerances between each moving part.
    -James-
  • Xjamesx wrote: »
    Nope.. Solidworks. I use it because it allows me to update wall thickness and features on the fly by just going in and editing sketches. As well as keep part tolerances between each moving part.
    -James-

Very cool.

And the ships that were posted earlier, the Battleship, Medical Ship, etc, FANTASTIC!!!
    Pretty much got the walls done on the interior. Still have to do the front dash and chairs and the ceiling but the ceiling is the last thing I will do. Then I'll start on the drone pods. No sure how to do those yet but I think I'll figure it out...The 3D printer got fixed today so if there isn't much to print that's work related I might have some stuff done by wed but I'm flying down to Cincinnati after work so I might not have any updates until the weekend.

-James-
    60851.jpg60852.jpg
    ST1.jpg 229.5K
    ST2.jpg 186.1K
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    hi,

here are two pictures from my Atlantis

greetz
    61133.jpg61134.jpg
  • Very nice work, Barroth. But, I think it looks a little too high up in the water. I think the city is sunk to at least that little lip on the piers.
    But I don't really pay much attention to the model in the show :D
  • im in the process of makeing an achillies refit based on the design by Alnair
    but im new to cinima 4d and i have college exams next week so ill post my sketches soon?

is there anyone how has a model of atlantis they wouldent mind sending me
  • Very nice work, Barroth. But, I think it looks a little too high up in the water. I think the city is sunk to at least that little lip on the piers.
    But I don't really pay much attention to the model in the show :D

ya the city should lower just to the next segement :)
  • There are impressive Atlantis models in the downloads section.
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    so I see that thiss little thread made it to 494 pages never thought I would see the day and to think that we are only 6 pages away from reaching 5000 posts to me thats just wow

Regards Jesh
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    This is still the longest WIP thread on here isn't it?

Boberth started a modelling challange thread over on Gateworld a while back, I've joined his lastest assignment, which is to build a Bomber

This is what i'm working on for the thread, It's still very much a WIP right now.

Length- 153 feet long Minus hyperspace spire on nose
    Width- 56 feet wide
    Height- 22 feet tall
    Crew- 7, 1 Comander plus 2 shifts of 1 pilot, 1 comms officer and 1 bomb technician
    Ship defence Weapons-
    Two MK III railguns (So far)
    4/8 short range Naquadah enhanced ship-ship missiles (Not decided yet just how many)
    NO Asgard beams
    Bomb payload-
    Hyper drive-Tau'ri built Asgard-enhanced hyperdirve generators located in each drive pod.
    Sub-light engines-Tau'ri built Asgard core-enhanced Ion propulsion generators located one in each drive pod.

WIP Pics...
    Challangerender3.jpg
    Challangerender4.jpg
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    well thats a cute little ship ;P lol looks good DR. cant wait to see how it progresses
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    This is still the longest WIP thread on here isn't it?

Boberth started a modelling challange thread over on Gateworld a while back, I've joined his lastest assignment, which is to build a Bomber

This is what i'm working on for the thread, It's still very much a WIP right now.

Length- 153 feet long Minus hyperspace spire on nose
    Width- 56 feet wide
    Height- 22 feet tall
    Crew- 7, 1 Comander plus 2 shifts of 1 pilot, 1 comms officer and 1 bomb technician
    Ship defence Weapons-
    Two MK III railguns (So far)
    4/8 short range Naquadah enhanced ship-ship missiles (Not decided yet just how many)
    NO Asgard beams
    Bomb payload-
    Hyper drive-Tau'ri built Asgard-enhanced hyperdirve generators located in each drive pod.
    Sub-light engines-Tau'ri built Asgard core-enhanced Ion propulsion generators located one in each drive pod.

WIP Pics...
    Challangerender3.jpg
    Challangerender4.jpg

this some sort of bomber?
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    Here are some wip-pics of my Puddlejumper. (There is still much to do at the light, the textures...) c&c would be very good.
    61313.jpg61314.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    That looks awesome, good job!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    sweet. I think theres something wrong with the drive pods tho!
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Great work SGA_Maddin. :thumb:
    Can you make some orthos of your jumper!
  • SGA-Maddin, your puddle Jumper is nothing short of GODLY!!! :D
  • peragrinperagrin0 Posts: 0Member
    Well the drones aren't in the right spot either.

Besides everyone knows that we you get a Jumper you are supposed to trick it out your way.
    found these images thought they might be usefull

MGM Tech Journal - Stargate Wiki
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    Here is my Ancient Bomber wip for a contest over at gateworld.

Enjoy.

AncientBomberWIPDec5A_001_001.jpg
    61346.jpg
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, awesome job mate.
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    good start!
    ThatA’s (down) the start of my own stargate. ItA’s just the dialring because began this night. ItA’s just a ring with a dispacement map... but I will post some new pics soon.
    61391.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I've been trying to create the Milky way glyphs for a while now.... cna't find a good enough image to work from though....

Knowing your work, this'll be good.
  • Can't wait to see more SGA_Maddin :D
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    I've been trying to create the Milky way glyphs for a while now.... cna't find a good enough image to work from though....

Knowing your work, this'll be good.

best idea to go for making the glpghs dr lee is to finda font for the glyphs i know there are some out there but i havent got them but yeha find em download em use the text option in ur pogram and extrude them.
  • RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    A small update on my ancient bomber.

AncientBomberWIPDec6A_001.jpg
    61393.jpg
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    RJB,

nice job with the bomber. love your other works as well. totally amazing dude:thumb:
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    hey great work on the detail how big would you say it is?
This discussion has been closed.