Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    Davide_sd wrote: »
    to be honest, i don't know what are the difference between them...
    as reference images i use all screen capture from Odissey (SG1) and Daedalus (Atlantis).
    Probably i'll create varius name for this ship so i can choose what ship i want to use (daedalus, odissey, apollo, phoenix...), so this will be a generic daedalus class!

the difference between the generic Daedalus and the Apollo is that the Apollo has a bomb bay to deploy the Horizon weapons platform. Apollo - Stargate Wiki
  • woodybbwoodybb0 Posts: 0Member
    is there any reason to suggest that the other 304's dont have bomb bay doors like the apollo "variant"
  • starburststarburst0 Posts: 0Member
    I would say no reason what so ever, especially for 304's which come after the Apollo, ones retroffited with the ability or we are meant to use our imagination and it has always meant to be there from the Daedalus onward
    point. there is no evidence as to whether or not the General Hammond and the Sun Tzu have the bomb bay or not. the only down side is that the bomb bay on the Apollo hasn't been used since First Strike. when you think about it, there would be very few times which the Tauri would need to deploy the Horizon platform, which could make the bomb bay a waste of money unless they find a new use for it (such as carrying additional fighters or weapons as a small example).
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    new little update, i'll have to fix some too big details.
    for the bomb bay, probably i'll create it when i'll finish all the other details. Now i'm searching some reference pics for f-302 bays.
    65282.jpg
  • Davide_sd, your Daedalus is REALLY detailed :p
    Keep up the good work!
  • Nice to see so many great models still being made here =o
    Tank you all!
    I finished the exterior modelling, and now i'm trying to create some textures. c&cs and suggestions are always welcome!
    65430.jpg65431.jpg65432.jpg
    erionmarina45
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    looks great to me. how many polys are this so far? I'm curious.
    thanks asddsa0147. it's about 987k poly so far. But i want to create also the f302 bay and the bomb bay.
    after some months of work on this ship, it's almost complete (finally).
    A very special thanks go to Solarie, he did the texturing process with all the textures for this ship. Without his help, probably i'll never finished this ship...
    66013.jpg66014.jpg66015.jpg
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice indeed great work!
    A very special thanks go to Solarie, he did the texturing process with all the textures for this ship. Without his help, probably i'll never finished this ship...

:eek!: speechless...:thumb:
    thank you!
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member

Are you using the Scanline renderer for the ship or something different (MRay, VRay)?
    mental ray!

edit: just fixed some problems...
    66032.jpg66033.jpg
  • FienderFiender0 Posts: 0Member
    GUH, sweet!
    Better than the model used in the show! At least until I get HDtv...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Well, the materials are good, and the model is good too, but i do not understand what is 1,000,000+ polygon on this ship? -=sAs=- made the same ship from approximately 200k polygon. Keep up the good work and i am congratulating to your ship! ;)
    don't know how -=sAs=- worked, but i used the chamfer tool on all the edges of all the panels...it means this: if i created a box, it had 6 polys. then i delete the hide poly (5 polys ; and then i used the chamfer tool, so i'll get the panels with (at least) 17 polys. there are at least 4500 (small panels)...and all the rest (basic shape, engine, details....).
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    A very nice new Deadalusmodell with very very many great details!
  • boberth2oboberth2o0 Posts: 0Member
    439i.jpg
  • enigma-manenigma-man0 Posts: 0Member
    An unbelievably uber detailed model to say the very least. :)

I never got a chance to download the one that used to be in the download
    section or the Prometheus before the site got hacked. :(
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    At the moment iA’am working on the shield and some new colours ^^
    66721.jpg
  • scootesscootes171 Posts: 0Member
    ok all sorry I have been out for awhile just I have been haveing issues witrh accuring a comp for use with max but the good news is that I do have a comp now and work has once again commenced on the Hammond. the following are pics I made to represent that work has started again I am running max 9 now and not quitew used to the new layout aswell as I dont seem to know as much as I used to but either way I hate to rant so here they are all C&C is welcome as usual

Regards Jesh
    67590.jpg67591.jpg67592.jpg
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Long time... since I posted progress on my ship.

But I have started it up again. :D
    I am making an Ancient command ship. Called Arcturus Maximus Primus!
    If you guys remember Stargate Atlantis Season 2 episode 6 "Trinity." (Its the one where McKay Blows up the solar system.) I am making a Ancient Ship based on Project Arcturus. I have invented a new class for it too Arcturus Class.

Here are the stats: Two Dorando Guns (turret on top of the outpost in that episode); The wing things are going to be giant laser cannons similiar to the laser from the Asuran's Satellite weapon. It is bigger then Aurora Class Warships. I don't know how long a Aurora class is I heard 1500 meters, but mine I want it bigger so 3000 meters. It has two Arcturus Generators (glowing balls near the engines). Plus normal Drones and Ancient heavy cannons.

Important:

I am using someone else high poly mesh as concept until I build my own mesh here are his credits: (I have change his mesh a lot but he is the original artist)

"Copyright to the author: Davide Sandona (Davide_sd).
    Ancient warship: Aurora/Orion class from Stargate Universe
    Modelled in 3DS Max 9
    Release only at Scifi-meshes.com
    This mesh is for private use only and may not be sold or distributed without written permission of the author. Private users may alter this model in any manner they so choose. However, all renders for public display must have proper credits shown."

Pictures:
    0eb61144521648108ee81529d064fc23

58b01e6395854e37afdfccf0b7af86ea

Updated Dorando Guns now modeled:

7897b6f14fc14dc0892c964bb7b0372e

8052646927354cf1ba3770db0757b37d

This is actually my mesh:

a023fc07ca0b4357a1d5967594f45e30

7f7342db13e7497781ce8f43c7559051

My mesh of the ship is about 30% done so far. Haven't even started making the texture yet.

What do you guys think of my Arcturus Maximus Primus?
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    I've followed the thread for a while and here is my two bits...

THE THOR CLASS SUPER CARRIER. Got the idea after reading a fanfic a few months ago and seeing ELITES Leviathon Class Carrier. A super-sized Daedalus from the not to distant future. The inner pods are drydocks for the Daedalus, and possibly the Prometheus and I believe the Tempest class, which someone mentioned to me. The inner pods are multi-level hangars for everything from the F302 to a tokra Alkesh. Been at it for about 4 weeks now and its still not done.
    68517.jpg68518.jpg
    37.jpg 125.1K
    38.jpg 104.9K
    erionmarina45
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    That is quite possibly one of the coolest SG starships I've ever seen :)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks a little like a jumper in the 2nd picture japme :D
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    I actually hadn't planned it that way at first, but I decided to cross the daedalus with the only really "well" understood Ancient vessel out there, of course this is about 20 -50 years into the future, so they are able to build a 1 km plus vessel.
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats cool. But i think my ship does meet everything you would like. hehe
    The Engine came to me in my sleep. I relly like how it turned out.

This is the only ship besides Atlantis that can use the Wormhole Drive.
    Plus it has two Arcturus Generators. The model is finished, but haven't started making the texture yet. It is going to go into a game so it is low poly. 9580 polys.

Well here it is Arcturus Maximus Primus!

d2e2f73a582d4b53a283f9651b1f56fa

b5d46cf24d344589924d9617c49a0aff

b1ae85fc56464967aff261de8740bec6

aca63a2d33ad48a3ace75746c99f01cd

45fa4705d7264a26ae70dc54109006ca

What do you guys think so far?
This discussion has been closed.