Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    Raffs, did you mean this one?

Nah, that sketch is an actual concept art for the series. But I am very glad that someone is making a 3d model of it. I just checked it out and looks good so far. I gotta give the guy credit just because he is using Blender. That program left me pulling out what little hair I have left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yep thats the one
  • DanDan0 Posts: 0Member
    Are you guys talking about me? ;)

Here's the Puddle Jumper, like Freekzilla said it is the concept design for a Jumper.
    Yes we are :)
    Although it's a concept when i first saw it it it shouted earth tec to me with the stuby wings.
    We're just admiring the fact that you are tackling this model. Are you planning on making it able to fit through the gate as well?

I wonder if the "egg-heads" at Area-51 are putting something together that would serve the same purpose as the PJ's? The PJ's are limited in supply, but clearly, IMO , have proven to be vital to the Atlantis expedition. I mean, the end result of the PJ design was brilliant. The fact that it fits through the gate is just fantastic. The final PJ design may not be a pretty as the concept, they obviously chose function over form.

I have no idea why I am rambling so much the last few days.
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    I think i'll throw something in the mix here. :D Two ships, one big, one small. The big one i'll not be workin on till I finish the little one. The smaller ship is earths version of the Al'kesh, this one called PN-13. Very early stages but hopefully it wont take long to finish. :thumb:
    jimi kane wrote:
    I think i'll throw something in the mix here. :D Two ships, one big, one small. The big one i'll not be workin on till I finish the little one. The smaller ship is earths version of the Al'kesh, this one called PN-13. Very early stages but hopefully it wont take long to finish. :thumb:

Hmmmmmm! Me likey likey! I'll be very interested in how it progresses. And that large ship! Nice. I love the way you integrated the Daedalus and Prometheus designs. Veeery smoooooooooooth! :thumb: :cool:
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    freekzilla wrote:
    I'm putting out a call to arms to all Stargate fans. From the casual to the "frothing-at-the-mouth" fanatic, let's make the biggest Stargate ship thread around. Let's put all the ship designs you have up, everything from a basic roughed out design all the way up to textured and shaded.

You asked, so here goes...
    I don't actually do CG(I am in awe of you all who can, though...). I only make physical models.
    What i am, however, is a big Stargate fan, so i have tried my hand at a few ships. I do hope this is not out of place here.
    I recently made a 1/144 scale master pattern for an F-302 kit(It will be sold as a kit, and is about 13cm across).
    Also(For modellers who prefer big), i did a 1/24 scale master of the 302.
    Slightly smaller, i have made a 1/2500 Daedalus to be sold as a kit shortly(About 17.5cm long, before adding the antennae at the front).
    And(I saved the best for last...): I have been asked to make a 1/350 Daedalus which is destined to become a model kit also.
    It's going to be very big, however, so start saving up, guys...:cool:
    bar.
    Humm that is big
    aben06 wrote:
    Can I add my ship to the mix . The Ajax . I've been working on it for the last few weeks . All C&C welcome . It's about 90% finished .

Cheers Aben06
    I really like this one Good job Aben !
    Raffs wrote:
    Humm that is big
    I bet you say that to all the boys...
    Lord Zedd wrote:
    I really like this one Good job Aben !
    Hey Thanks , and all praise the mighty Lord Zedd.

Cheers

aben06
    s1gunman wrote:
    well this is'nt in 3d but i thought id share this is a design i started after the first time i saw the orion.this is the achillies a hybrid of ancient,earth,and azguard technology.well enjoy.
    I like that alot :thumb:
    Ramiel wrote:
    A small corvette/carrier...
    1676wl2.jpg
    1676ycw.jpg
    1676yw2.jpg
    I'm working on the textures...
    thats what up
    good jod:thumb:
    aben06 wrote:
    Can I add my ship to the mix . The Ajax . I've been working on it for the last few weeks . All C&C welcome . It's about 90% finished .

Cheers Aben06
    Thats what up nice:thumb:
    update for me, guns, missile and engines. :D
    I did a little today on the Daedalus models.
    The figure is about 12 inches tall.
    bar.
    Bar wrote:
    I did a little today on the Daedalus models.
    The figure is about 12 inches tall.
    bar.
    Woot! Can I buy it when its done? _o_
    Indeed. There will be many available...
    I will start a thread when i get the ball seriously rolling.
    bar.
    I like cool render and picture !
    Bar wrote:
    You asked, so here goes...
    I don't actually do CG(I am in awe of you all who can, though...). I only make physical models.
    What i am, however, is a big Stargate fan, so i have tried my hand at a few ships. I do hope this is not out of place here.
    I recently made a 1/144 scale master pattern for an F-302 kit(It will be sold as a kit, and is about 13cm across).
    Also(For modellers who prefer big), i did a 1/24 scale master of the 302.
    Slightly smaller, i have made a 1/2500 Daedalus to be sold as a kit shortly(About 17.5cm long, before adding the antennae at the front).
    And(I saved the best for last...): I have been asked to make a 1/350 Daedalus which is destined to become a model kit also.
    It's going to be very big, however, so start saving up, guys...:cool:
    bar.

Bar, nice models! Hey, it's a model isn't it? We don't practice model discrimination here. :lol: LOL! What do you use as materials? I'd bet 5$ that you have one of those Dremel tools don't you? How long do they take to make? I wonder what it would take to make a 10 foot (3 meter) Daedalus model? :cool:
    mikala wrote:
    There is quite a Talented SG pool here.
    Raffs your first is far better then my "now" meshes.

And all of the meshes here are better than mine. :( But that's ok, as long as people are inspired, then I'm happy.
    freekzilla wrote:
    Bar, nice models! Hey, it's a model isn't it? We don't practice model discrimination here. :lol: LOL!
    Thank you.
    freekzilla wrote:
    What do you use as materials?
    I am using sheet plexi-glass for these ones, but generally i use Sheet styrene.
    freekzilla wrote:
    I'd bet 5$ that you have one of those Dremel tools don't you?
    Yes.
    freekzilla wrote:
    How long do they take to make?
    It depends on how difficult the shape is. I'm hoping to have these ones done fairly fast(For the main shape), and then it's just about adding panels and greeblies until it looks like the Daedalus!
    freekzilla wrote:
    I wonder what it would take to make a 10 foot (3 meter) Daedalus model? :cool:
    If i even tried that, i would be kicked out of the house...
    By all means, give it a try, though...
    bar.
  • SADDAMINSANESADDAMINSANE0 Posts: 0Member
    There are some awesome ships designs ,just wondering have you got size and weapons specs for your ships?

Bow Before Your God:devil:
    There are some awesome ships designs ,just wondering have you got size and weapons specs for your ships?

Here's some wepons specs for the renown
    4 large turrets with energy based weapons and 27 quad rail gun turrets and 56 missile tubes
    heres an old wip pic of the quads as they are very small
    Missiles! Guns! And Bigger Guns! :D
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    uhhh.... 00012D99.jpg

? hehe :)
    @jimi kane

Nicely done, though I'd give her some bigger wings coz shes looking quite sluggish or fat with the short wings.
  • SADDAMINSANESADDAMINSANE0 Posts: 0Member
    Jimi is this a Earth version of an Alkesh?
    And if so how big is it and how many guns and missiles does it carry.

D4327: dude, what is that thing, looks awsome.

Eagle: the short wings aren't for flight, they're just to keep the nukes safe before launch. :D

SADDAMINSANE: this is earths version, it has at least 12 modified aim 120missiles, 10 phalanx CIWS rail guns of various cal, 2 modified 5-54 Mark 45 caliber cannons and 4 large nuke style missiles (might make them naquahdah weapons or somethin') :thumb:
This discussion has been closed.