Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCalling all Stargate Fans!

• freekzillafreekzilla2 Posts: 0Member
    mikala wrote:
    One fine ship ya got there Raffs!
    You have got to get it in a bunch more renders!
    She should not sit in drydock so much of the time.

No kidding. Very nice job Raffs! Put her in for a refit? Did you forget to put in bathrooms too? :lol: I see that it is a little different than a standard Daedalus class. Is it a new class entirely, or a modified Daedalus class? You really did a good job with the surface details. Got any more ships? :thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    freekzilla wrote:
    No kidding. Very nice job Raffs! Put her in for a refit? Did you forget to put in bathrooms too? :lol: I see that it is a little different than a standard Daedalus class. Is it a new class entirely, or a modified Daedalus class? You really did a good job with the surface details. Got any more ships? :thumb:
    Thanks man:)
    The reason for a possible refit is that she was my first mesh with lightwave and there are some parts that i could do so much better now

The old girl was ment to be the next step up from the deadalus hence she still resembles the deadalus but has bigger guns ( 4 turrets with energy based weapons and 27 quad rail gun turrets and 56 missile tubes)
    as for any more ships heres some pics of my F-302
    k, here are my 2 cents for a ship from the Stargate universe: Aurora
    Raffs, dude, suh-weet! :thumb: You even have scratches on the paint, nice touch! Is this just your hobby or are you a pro?

Specs2, VERY nice! Another good example of how to model a ship right.

Damn, you guys are good! I'm jealous. Keep'em coming!
    He, who edited my prior post?!?!
    freekzilla wrote:
    Raffs, dude, suh-weet! :thumb: You even have scratches on the paint, nice touch! Is this just your hobby or are you a pro?

Specs2, VERY nice! Another good example of how to model a ship right.

Damn, you guys are good! I'm jealous. Keep'em coming!

just a hobby i'm afraid
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    There is quite a Talented SG pool here.
    Raffs your first is far better then my "now" meshes.
    mikala wrote:
    There is quite a Talented SG pool here.
    Raffs your first is far better then my "now" meshes.
    Now now mikala your dart mesh is way above any of mine and the texture work you did on specs hive ship was awesome i've got specs hive ship mesh but could not hope to match that.:)
  • thorthefifththorthefifth0 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know if you're looking for original stuff but here's my WIP. Still working on it.
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/1630-hyperion-stargate-ship.html
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I agree with mikala, the talent shown by you guys is fantastic! You all should be VERY proud of your work. Clearly your work goes beyond expectations. Great job guys. Keep'em coming!

On a side note, anyone got any ideas for a small assault ship about the size of an Al'Kesh?
    I don't know if you're looking for original stuff but here's my WIP. Still working on it.
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/1630-hyperion-stargate-ship.html

thorthefifth, exactamundo! Your ship is looking very good so far. Original work is exactly what I was intending for this thread. By sharing our original works together, I am hoping it inspires everyone with new ideas and some truly great work will come out of it. I myself look to other artists and even TV/movies for inspiration. The artwork so far has been truly fantastic. And, your Hyperion has inspired one of my ships. I call it the Valkyrie, a missle cruiser. Keep up the good work thorthefifth, your work is appreciated.
    specs2 wrote:
    He, who edited my prior post?!?!

Not I. I don't even know how to, or if I could anyways. But why would I want to? What else was originally in the post?
    nothing else. but someone added some more notes to it, that I haven't.
  • JuiceJuice0 Posts: 0Member
    well im still a noob to 3d art work but i am a keen stargate fan and have been working on a cruiser for my first modle. its called the serpant

panelling.jpg
    can we see some bigger images of it?
    Juice wrote:
    well im still a noob to 3d art work but i am a keen stargate fan and have been working on a cruiser for my first modle. its called the serpant

panelling.jpg

Lookin good so far Juice. What class of ship is it? Destroyer, cruiser, bomber? Very original design. Keep up the good work.
    specs2 wrote:
    can we see some bigger images of it?

and some AA(thats OSA in blender)
  • s1gunmans1gunman0 Posts: 0Member
    well this is'nt in 3d but i thought id share this is a design i started after the first time i saw the orion.this is the achillies a hybrid of ancient,earth,and azguard technology.well enjoy.
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    s1gunman wrote:
    well this is'nt in 3d but i thought id share this is a design i started after the first time i saw the orion.this is the achillies a hybrid of ancient,earth,and azguard technology.well enjoy.
    now that id like to see modeled..nice look boat:D
    very cool sketch! would love to see that in 3d
  • s1gunmans1gunman0 Posts: 0Member
    dont want to take this thread of target,but if someone wants to model it ill furnish a rough 3-veiw for them to work from.
    not sure if could model it, but could you post them anyway?
    Dallidas wrote:
    not sure if could model it, but could you post them anyway?
    im in the same boat...not sure at all if I could do it the justice it deserves but man id like to see more of it..:)
  • miragemirage0 Posts: 0Member
    Here is an idea that I made after the Prometheus got destroyed. I used parts from the Prometheus and the Daedalus to make a command and control ship or something like that. It's name is Enterprise and that is because General O'neill finally got his way. :D I feel kinda bad though it is not 3D and I don't really have the skills to make it in 3D. Anyways I hope that you all like it and I have bigger views if anyone wants them.
    intersting concept, how bout a bigger view..:)
    As requested BIGGER view. :thumb: Hope that you like it.
    nice..is it finished or are you gonna keep woring on it..
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    mirage wrote:
    As requested BIGGER view. :thumb: Hope that you like it.
    I would take the height of the main bridge hull down a bit. It's almost as high as the ship is long. Just a thought.
    I like the idea of merging the shapes of the two ships very much though.
    i agree with mikala also as its a C&C ship it needs to have alot of comms array's and sensor blisters :)
    I am going to continue to try and work on it and I was kinda thinking it was a little too tall as well, but I had not decided on how I wanted to fix that yet. I almost was going to say all of the com. array's and sensor stuff was hidden inside the tower, but that would just be to easy. I love it... you all don't miss a thing... even when I was thinking it! :thumb: Anyways thanks for the comments and I will try and do some updates this weekend! :D
This discussion has been closed.