Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    @JMP11 - The upper displays I'd like to look different. Those were just done for effect on the BOBW battle bridge but Battle Bridge Mk II has honest-to-goodness parameter stations, as I show in the diagram, and those displays on the BOBW battle bridge simply won't work.

@Starscream - No, I won't be going for a bright ""Parallels"" color scheme. As with the display graphics, I was thinking of going along the lines of the display graphics we saw behind Riker (not the display layout, but the graphics) of the BOBW battle bridge (which were also seen in ""Redemption Part II"" on the Sutherland bridge, among others).
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Um, you've confused me a little with that last. Could you please clarify? I'm talking about the general backlit graphics, but it seems like you're talking about the animated monitor displays? I'd expect those to be their usual orange/purple hues as we saw from BOBW2 anyway. :)

ETA: Nevermind, I got it. You meant to type ""As for the display graphics."" This is what confused me - since ""as with"" gave everything different connotations! Your ideas re: the monitor graphics sync up with mine. :) But what color scheme are you doing on the main backlit stuff? Are you going ""regular TNG""? That would work well also. :thumb:
    @Starscream - Yeah it's confusing.

The general backlit graphics on the upper displays would be different since the parameter displays are for proper parameter stations e.g. Science, Environment, Mission Ops, and Engineering. The lower part would have LCARS monitor displays - still versions of course of the animated displays seen on the BOBW2 battle bridge.
    No, no -- I think we're definitely of the same mind there, I got that bit! You're putting in ""animated"" video displays where TNG sometimes had generic static versions for the lower perimeter screens, while the upper level has station-appropriate ""Backlit LCARS"" based on the displays we'd see on the Main Bridge (eg Environment, Science, Engineering), rather than the generic ""could be a helm control panel"" style they often resorted to on the show. :D

It still doesn't answer the question of what color scheme you're going for on the backlit panels though ;)
    Eh, I'm not sure. Probably the orange/purple.
    Ah. Well, nevermind ;)
  • RekkertRekkert4187 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,318Member
    Uh, I went with the late-TNG Enterprise color scheme, what do you think?
    I've also done the new side panels and replaced the conn/ops stations with the late versions.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1545688452
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1545688456
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Yep, that works! :thumb:
    Agreed! Also I'd like an isolinear trunk on that tactical rail support in the back, like what you have on the Quasar's bridge (just the isolinear access).

And you did see that LCARS stuff that I wanted on both sides of the main viewer?
    Sure, here's the added iso bank on the tactical station. :) As you can see, I've now added the LCARS on the side of the viewscreen, I didn't have time to add them in before. Are they what you had in mind?

@Rusty, you mentioned a higher Captain's chair on the image you posted here. Do you want me to add a third step to raise the chair some more?

tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1545725900
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1545725903
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 413Member
    Be great to see Voyager in same colour scheme
    Looks great! Are you still including the reflective Viewscreen surface, @Rekkert? I can't tell on the phone...
    If you can add another step for the command chair, go ahead!
    @Starscream: Nah, since I did the Enterprise-D or the Odyssey bridges, I stopped doing reflective viewscreens, after looking over enough of the shows, I think it's more accurate this way.

Here's the command area, with the added step. I think that's it for the 2365 version. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1545849836

My ISP had a massive outage for the past 24th hours... Fun. That meant I couldn't properly start working on the transporter room as intended, as I was left with no access to most references. Thus I started working on the other bridge modification, the 2376 version.

This bridge is based mostly on the Astraeus, but with the unique elements and colors of the Galaxy. There's still several things to change here, including the LCARS to a Nemesis style color pallet, add keypads, extinguishers, etc.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1545849812

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot (damn outage!), Scragnog posted another video yesterday, of the USS Anchorage bridge:
    OK could you make the command platform more trapezoidal than square (see the yellow lines int he attached picture file)? It would look better.

2376 version additional changes

Secondly, while I do want the consoles to remain the same for the secondary command seating on the Battle Group Omega Edition (post 2376), I want the chairs THEMSELVES to be like the Astreus/Challenger.

This is the LCARS style and color scheme I'd like for BGO edition bridge: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4PR9rWQ8P7o/Uw8m49bNNpI/AAAAAAAACHE/X21QUO_kde0/s1600/Consola+clase+Sovereing.png - again, just the LCARS and color scheme style. Consoles themselves remain the same.

Alert Status Indicicators (like this one on the far left of this picture from the USS Voyager bridge: http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/1x01a/caretaker_0206.jpg) instead of those blue lighting columns.

Silver door signage instead of blue (it would look better).
    112862.jpg
    Furthermore - I'm wondering what do here about the USS Galaxy itself for the 2376 edition. One of my ideas was to make at an AGT three-nacelled refit (with all the stuff on it). The second idea was to have it be an Astraeus variant (this version in separate flight mode would have Defiant style phaser pulse cannons in separated flight mode).
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1125 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,580Member
    Personally, for the third raised step for the command chair, I'd opt for a more slightly elongated and rounded platform, like on the Defiant, as it would fit the rounded shapes of the other steps better. Having the top platform be all straight edges looks kind of jarring, seen atop the soft round curves of the lower steps. As always, just my own two cents. ;)
    @BolianAdmiral: That was my first thought as well, but it clashed with the curved pattern on the platform, and I really wanted to keep that pattern, as it's the one the Enterprise had on Generations. Thus I made the boxier step, but as you can see the front part of that step has an inverted curve to correspond with that pattern. :)

@Rusty0918: Something like this?
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1545864042
    Much better!
    The lit console columns on the 2376 version could stand to have a few more ""ribs"" so as to match the thickness of the other lighting grills, IMO. At the moment they look a bit like a texture error! ;)

The rest is looking pretty cool :)
    @Starscream - yes, the lit console columns could definitely stand to have a few more ""ribs"" to match the thickness of the other lighting grilles.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Anchorage bridge video. VERY NICE. Had to transfer it to the BIG screen to re-watch again a few times more. Love the amount details in it.

Rekkert. Ever thought of creating a tutorial?
    It had an eerie feeling of having been abandoned (critical radiation levels from the anomaly?) before the music changed and a few personnel turned up!
    Wait 'till you see the next bridge he's working on... :D

Here are all the finished renders for the 2365 Galaxy bridge. If my ISP manages to keep my connection stable, I should be able to start work on the transporter room soonish...

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1546026950
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1546026953
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1546026957
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1546026960
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-galaxy-bridge-2365-cutaway.jpg?1546026962
    I like the compliments that the Galaxy bridge looks better than the Enterprise-D bridge (and in my opinion it does). Gotta make the bridge a bit less like a living room, which is one of the biggest complaints about the Enterprise-D bridge in TNG.

OK as for the transporter room: Here's what I want:
    1. TNG Seasons 4-7 transporter platform and Seasons 6-7 back panels (the sharper ones).
    2. Bulkhead pattern Season 1-4 transporter room.
    3. A Ceiling design like this one (https://www.flickr.com/photos/61505200@N02/33124168982/) - this is from someone's Enterprise-A transporter room model.
    4. A longer transporter operator's console (design from battle bridge mk I tactical station). In several episodes of TNG, it may be necessary (but not often) to have a second person at that panel. Typically it would be used by a single person except when the occassion calls for it. On the center of the tranpsorter console I'd like a TNG LCARS version of what is shown on the center display of THIS transporter cosnole (https://www.flickr.com/photos/61505200@N02/32461632573/) but more accurate representation of the transporter platform and representation of the center transporter pad (the blue one).
    5. Fire extinguishers.
    6. Keypads by the equipment lockers and doors.
    I do very much prefer the full-sized secondary command consoles, and the ""Parallels"" wall displays - I had a similar setup years ago on a 2D pixel design. :thumb:

Not big on the color scheme for the class (to me it's incongruous, as Galaxy and Enterprise were constructed pretty much concurrently) or its designation (aqua/turquoise makes more sense for medical ships and sickbays IMO), but I will say that being slightly darker overall does do wonders for the bridge design, and works well with both early and later TNG LCARS.

Besides, Lord knows I couldn't stand to have my eyeballs incinerated by the TNG lighting/color scheme all day! :lol:
    "Parallels" didn't have those bulkhead displays, "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "Future Imperfect" did. Actually, the Enterprise and Galaxy were not constructed concurrently. The Galaxy was commissioned in 2357 and started going on proper missions in 2360. The Enterprise-D was launched in late 2363.

I'm with you about moodier lighting. In my stories, the Galaxy bridge dims to a "Yesterday's Enterprise"-style lighting arrangement on red alert and also in red alert situations, the lighting in the corridors is like it was on the Enterprise when she was being slowly transformed in "Masks" (that being said, THAT was definitely a stupid episode).
    Ah, yes - it's FI I was thinking of! Brain too tired from exces travelling atm :lol:
    It was Yamato it was concurrent with, you're right; however both it, Enterprise and Odyssey (as well as Magellan if you bother with ""beta canon"" sources...) show the same scheme barring minor trim differences, so that points to Galaxy as a discrepancy. I don't dislike the grey at all, it's just that to me personally, it looks incongruous with the class. :) And it's definitely better where sickbay's concerned!

I'm quite in favor of the darker Generations lighting for general conditions, myself. Dim enough to really make the LCARS etc pop, and allow for personnel to concentrate on them as in most real CICs. And alert conditions should definitely be moody! Your normal lighting seems to have a nice balance inbetween GEN and TNG, I'm guessing to allow for ""production needs"" :)

Can we please never bring up that episode again? Or VOY ""Threshold""... To say nothing of TOS ""Spock's Brain"" :lol:
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1125 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,580Member
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    I like the compliments that the Galaxy bridge looks better than the Enterprise-D bridge (and in my opinion it does). Gotta make the bridge a bit less like a living room, which is one of the biggest complaints about the Enterprise-D bridge in TNG.

OK as for the transporter room: Here's what I want:
    1. TNG Seasons 4-7 transporter platform and Seasons 6-7 back panels (the sharper ones).
    2. Bulkhead pattern Season 1-4 transporter room.
    3. A Ceiling design like this one (https://www.flickr.com/photos/61505200@N02/33124168982/) - this is from someone's Enterprise-A transporter room model.
    4. A longer transporter operator's console (design from battle bridge mk I tactical station). In several episodes of TNG, it may be necessary (but not often) to have a second person at that panel. Typically it would be used by a single person except when the occassion calls for it. On the center of the tranpsorter console I'd like a TNG LCARS version of what is shown on the center display of THIS transporter cosnole (https://www.flickr.com/photos/61505200@N02/32461632573/) but more accurate representation of the transporter platform and representation of the center transporter pad (the blue one).
    5. Fire extinguishers.
    6. Keypads by the equipment lockers and doors.

You really have like, zero faith in the ship's fire suppression system, don't you. :p
    :lol: