Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Ooo, that looks cool! :thumb:
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    Battle Bridge with a better budget. I like it!
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    Yep ashleytinger. That's the idea.

As with yesterday, that thing went over my head. However, I wouldn't mind Scragnog doing something with this battle bridge. As long as he doesn't trash the ship.

Yeah, moving the tactical and security (or tactical II) consoles back and giving them back their old stands works better with that railing.

I wonder if you can put these in flanking the MSD above those equipment lockers on the sides - alert status indicators. We saw them on the Brattain bridge in ""Night Terrors"" - attached is a picture (albeit blurred) from it. Perhaps you can also have the same kind of LCARS displays that flank the main bridge viewer (in 2365) here. It might also help differentiate eras, which would please Starscream. ;)
    112875.png
    Those displays were actually a TWOK-TUC era thing; maybe suitable for older designs like the Brattain and whichever (Excelsior-class?) ship Adm. Hansen was commanding at Wolf 359, but definitely not originating in the TNG era. ;)
    @Starscream - I consider that a modernized version of said display, an LCARS version of it as you will. Though I would like to hear some other opinions on it. I am open to other's opinions on things.
    Hmm, from what I can see, it's very nearly identical to the TFF version:
    night-terrors-hd-029.jpg tffhd0326.jpg
    Hence why I say it's suited to the older guest ships. But fair enough.

Incidentally, I'm interested to see what the rest of that console panel looks like on the Brattain; I love the oddball consoles we keep seeing popup on guest ships, and am looking to do something with them (either individually or as an amalgamation) at some point... :cool:
    112876.jpg
    112877.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    To be fair, they never (IIRC) stated the name of the Admiral's ship on-screen, nor do we know how ""new"" it was, equipment-wise, since we never saw anything of the interior, except the backdrops behind the Admiral, which included glimpses of the bridge, which I'm thinking was possibly a redress of the BoBW 1701-D battle bridge, now that I think about it. The director probably wanted some form of red alert graphic that would be animated, so as to provide a touch more visual interest, and draw your eye to the alert status, since in the scene with the Admiral on the viewscreen, the image is not only fluctuating from color to almost black-and-white, but it also shaking and fritzed with static here and there.
    Indeed, the original shooting script called for a Galaxy class ship to be shown, but they ended up redressing the BBBridge set for whatever reason.

But regardless, it's a painfully obvious re-use of the TWOK graphic. ;)

EDIT: Memory Alpha indicates it has been stated that the Excelsor-class Melbourne was in fact Hanson's ship at 359.

2nd Edit: Another thought occurs to me: Based on Hanson's lack of focus on the battle at hand while updating Riker, I do wonder if he was sat in a CIC of some kind in a lower deck. If the Melbourne was his personal flagship, maybe this setup was installed for fleet coordination etc...
    It was a redress of the BoBW 1701-D battle bridge. You notice the details closely and they are identical to the aft panels we later see on the battle bridge in said episode.

I would assume it was an Excelsior-class vessel most likely, although that can be open to debate. Heck, originally the script called for Hanson to be on the bridge of a Galaxy-class ship. However, I don't buy that explanation. Though it could be some other ship class, perhaps Ambassador.

As with that alert indicator on the Brattain - it's a modernized version of what was seen in TFF, in my opinion. I'm sure the alert text would be on the LCARS font instead of the earlier font.
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    It was a redress of the BoBW 1701-D battle bridge. You notice the details closely and they are identical to the aft panels we later see on the battle bridge in said episode.

I would assume it was an Excelsior-class vessel most likely, although that can be open to debate. Heck, originally the script called for Hanson to be on the bridge of a Galaxy-class ship. However, I don't buy that explanation. Though it could be some other ship class, perhaps Ambassador.

As with that alert indicator on the Brattain - it's a modernized version of what was seen in TFF, in my opinion. I'm sure the alert text would be on the LCARS font instead of the earlier font.

I think you must have missed my prior post. ;)
    Starscream wrote: »
    I think you must have missed my prior post. ;)

Yeah, was typing mine up when you posted yours and you posted yours before mine. That's why! ;)
    One of us clearly needs to type faster :lol:
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Yeah, I'd suggest against the red alert graphic there, not only because it's clearly a TMP era graphic that wouldn't be appropriate on a Galaxy, but also because of the new red alert strips I added yesterday. It would be red alert overload in there! :lol:

I've tweaked the new handrails a little bit; and I changed the metal pattern on the forward steps, to the 'bricks' design we saw on the Pegasus engineering railing. It's a little thing, but it differentiates the steps a bit from the usual TMP style.

All that's left are the remaining LCARS consoles.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-09.jpg?1546897911
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-11.jpg?1546897913
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    OK - NO alert indicator! I'll take your word for it Rekkert.

You did hear my suggestion for the LCARS stuff on the port and starboard of the viewer to be like the ones on the main bridge, correct?
    Great idea on the brick metalwork pattern! It's touches like these that make all the difference.

The LCARS are also looking spot on, btw (naturally!)
    Yup, I did hear that suggestion, and here are the remaining LCARS, with the viewscreen ones being smaller versions of the ones from the main bridge. If you're okey with it Rusty, I think we're done with the battle bridge! :)

tadeo-d-oria-c5-12.jpg?1546922733
    The only thing I can think of are names for the parameter stations. I noticed the stations do not have names. The port (left) standing parameter station should be Environment, the starboard (right) standing parameter station should be Mission Ops. The sitting parameter station on the port should be Engineering and the starboard should be Science.

That is all. And I would like one of the final renders to be from the angle of your last render and of course one facing aft standing behind the viewer.
    Ah, I thought the names weren't required this time. I knew what each station was, but as it was never mentioned (plus the BoBW battle bridge didn't have any names on the stations), I assumed erroneously. How about this?

tadeo-d-oria-c5-13.jpg?1546927088
    Those will work, but i also would like those half circle end shapes on the top bar (like on the Zodiac/Chekov/Dobby bridges)
    It's perimeter stations, for the record. :thumb:
    Well, personally I don't think those half circles work well here (there's a reason why I didn't used them in the first place even though I already had the graphics created and it would've been easier). The limited space of having half of the console (when compared to the Zodiac style) makes the angled sides seem more prominent, thus the circles look a bit out of place when compared to a graphic that flows with the curvature of the console itself.

Still, I played around it for a bit and further reduced the bottom part of the graphics, to make the circles less prominent. Here you can see both versions side by side, which one do you prefer?

tadeo-d-oria-c5-14.jpg?1546982380
    The left one please. ;)
    Very well, I'll prepare the final renders with that LCARS frame. :)
    While those higher quality renders get rendered...

I recently upgraded my PC to an I7-8700 (from a 2600K) and I'm finding that I can now work in another Blender instance while rendering. So, while the PC takes its long while to finish rendering the battle bridge, I could model and render (in lower quality) another experiment of mine.

As I mentioned previously, I think this general layout would be perfect for a 24th century Excelsior, so I did exactly that (the USS Potemkin to be more specific). I modified the positioning of the wall facing consoles to mirror that of the USS Excelsior, and even included the aft alcove area from the Odyssey into it. I'm basing the LCARS coloring and some of the smaller details on the USS Righteous from the Star Trek: Borg game.

I am also taking the chance of doing something original and coming up with some new elements for it, like the captain's chair (which is a mix of the Ent-C and Ent-D styles) and the hand rails.

There's still some more work to be done on the LCARS and on some other bits I'd like to replace (like the floor level lights, I'd like to make those more like the Righteous as well). Overall, I'm happy with how it looks considering it only has like 6 hours of work into it. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c1-07.jpg?1547004402
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    That looks pretty nice. I like the colors they used for the Righteous LCARS. If it were me, I'd do something else with that area of the aft wall from the Odyssey other than the mesh-looking lighted panel - IMO, that looks a bit too barren and plain.
    Pretty funky and clever! For a Miranda-class ship, you could swap out those Conn / Ops stations with that combined one you did for the Chekov bridge.
    @BolianAdmiral: Well, this is supposed to be a quick project I do in just one day or two, but I agree with you there. I do have elements from my previous Excelsior-Class ships which I can repurpose, so...

tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1547027413

@Rusty0918: That's a great idea! However I think it'll be best if I let the ""Constellation set"" rest for a while before the next redress. ;)

Here are the finished renders for the battle bridge. Given the low light these took a long while, enjoy!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1547026592
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1547026609
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-03.jpg?1547026612
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-04.jpg?1547026616
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-galaxy-battle-bridge-2365-cutaway.jpg?1547026619
    Good renders! :)

Re: the Potemkin, my suggestions would've depended on which era (or registry) you were aiming for. As I see you've gone for the later 18253 of the Encyclopedia rather than the original 8253 of the studio production list, I'd have suggested:

Expanding the recessed area at the back ala Enterprise-B (also giving you room for a big tactical standalone :D ),
    Replace the small framing buttresses with either the negative space dividers or fullsize lit buttresses (the small angled ones look a bit weird sticking out, not to mention a bruising hazard!),
    Swap out the dark buttress texture for a lighter metal, as they look a bit oppressive, and
    Maybe add in some lighting around the lower deck well? As I recall the E-A had full light strips in TFF... IMO that'd work well here. :)

I'm with Bolian on the LCARS; they look great (and I don't even like purple orange pastels, normally!), and I love the new Captain's chair -- I've been trying to come up with one for a certain design, and that looks ideal... ;)

All other elements are great too - the brown ""ship of the week"" / ""pre-TNG"" tones, the railing mods, the carpet, the new MSD... Awesome! :thumb:
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    While those higher quality renders get rendered...

I recently upgraded my PC to an I7-8700 (from a 2600K) and I'm finding that I can now work in another Blender instance while rendering. So, while the PC takes its long while to finish rendering the battle bridge, I could model and render (in lower quality) another experiment of mine.

As I mentioned previously, I think this general layout would be perfect for a 24th century Excelsior, so I did exactly that (the USS Potemkin to be more specific). I modified the positioning of the wall facing consoles to mirror that of the USS Excelsior, and even included the aft alcove area from the Odyssey into it. I'm basing the LCARS coloring and some of the smaller details on the USS Righteous from the Star Trek: Borg game.

I am also taking the chance of doing something original and coming up with some new elements for it, like the captain's chair (which is a mix of the Ent-C and Ent-D styles) and the hand rails.

There's still some more work to be done on the LCARS and on some other bits I'd like to replace (like the floor level lights, I'd like to make those more like the Righteous as well). Overall, I'm happy with how it looks considering it only has like 6 hours of work into it. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c1-07.jpg?1547004402

That's a very cool look for a 24th Excelsior. I really like it!
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    As always, Rekkert, fantastic job. BTW did you try Blender 2.8 Beta? I downloaded it yesterday and my first impression is very good, although I miss the right click 3D cursor.