Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    Here, sit back and relax while half your ship engages the BORG! ;)
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    Let's go with #3
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Yup, I think you're right :)
    Glad we agree, Starscream.

As with the ceiling fixture, I was thinking that the outer part should have those extra gridlines and other lines like the one on your Galatea bridge as seen here: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/681/101/large/tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1514523669

And the center light being a red version of what you have on your Chekov/Dobrovolsky bridges.
    Have you considered having them with a similar design to your new lower console lights? This gives it a sense of design continuity.

Good call on the centre light fixture :thumb:
    @Starscream - Hey why not? Let's do it for that outer part of the ceiling fixture, have it be the same pattern as those lower console lights.
    Glad to be of help! :) This bridge is well on its way to being a recogniseably unique, yet nicely consistent example for the era IMO.
    In future Galaxy Chronicles installments, I'm considering that during battle situations that the captain commands the ship from the battle bridge. The reason for the time jump between the one I'm finishing and future installments (2360 to 2365) is due to the fact that the Galaxy fought in the Tzenkethi War, and Captain Chandra preferred commanding from the battle bridge during combat situations.
    I agree with that idea entirely: The Battle Bridge being deeper in the hull, thus protected, and -budget issues aside- should be more suited design-wise for battle conditions (as opposed to waging a war from one's living room :lol: )
    Yeah, I've read a lot of criticism about that whole prospect. Besides, the captain probably requested something a bit more functional than Battle Bridge Mk I and got it after the Tzenkethi War.
  • RekkertRekkert4080 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,308Member
    I mean, supposedly the whole idea was to leave the saucer behind with non essential personal and just go into battle with the stardrive, too bad budget constrains put an end to that idea, as doing FX shots for both the ship and the separated parts was too expensive.
    It was ahead of its time in a sense, today with CGI, that could've worked really well, and they'd use the battle bridge every time they know they're going into a dangerous situation. Imagine how much more tense every standoff with the Romulans or Cardassians would be if they'd be in the darker and more compact battle bridge rather the the hotel lounge main bridge.

Anyway... I've added the chosen version of the lights all around the bridge, plus I've added a further TNG touch by making the strips a reflective silver. That's something we only really see on the Enterprise-D and E. The TMP era lighting fixtures (and the Odyssey and all other redresses) are always a non reflective black.

I must say I prefer the older, bigger ceiling structure, but this one does work a bit better with the era. I'm not sure the stripes work on the ceiling lights though... Maybe the original angled lines from the Sutherland would work best.

tadeo-d-oria-c5-05.jpg?1546543942
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Go with the original angled lines from the Sutherland then. They would definitely look better with that ceiling fixture.
    I think the resaons for it not working are several fold:
    1) The ceiling light being so much different a color from the lower strips,
    2) The edges of the light panels being so severel angled compared to the rounded lower ones
    3) It being a tad much with the bottom panel decorated that way (would look better with the stripes on just the sides).

The new central light is definitely an improvement. :thumb:
    I think I'm with Rekkert here that the best idea is to go with the angled lines that were present on the Brattain and Sutherland bridges.
    Yup, as I said - they'd need a bit of rework to get them to gel with the lower ones... It's a lot simpler to swap them out. :)

ETA: That said, I did a quick photobash to illustrate what a difference the lower panels being blank makes. What do you guys think?

Modification to Lighting.jpg
    img]
    Here's the modified ceiling: :)

tadeo-d-oria-c5-06.jpg?1546553948
    Lol damn - you got in there before I could amend my post :lol:
    Much better!

OK we can proceed with the next stuff. Did you get my suggestion for the standing consoles? (Starscream approved of 'em.

Furthermore, clear the upper part of that thingamagig above the viewer of its LCARS: I'd like the whole thing to be a condition red flasher a la BOBW II.
    Oh god, I can't remember whatever that was now... :runs:
    Those new proposed stands would be based off of a thicker version of playground parallel bars like I posted earlier, though it would be a single, thicker bar stand with the console on top of it.
    Doh, of course!
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Here's the modified ceiling: :)

tadeo-d-oria-c5-06.jpg?1546553948

That is a good looking Battle Bridge!
    Scragnog's been working on another video (probably the last one for the foreseeable future), and this one's a lot more complex than the previous ones. It uses the bridge of the USS Zodiac but, as the ship was lost at Wolf 359, it's in less than perfect shape... I think BolianAdmiral's gonna like this one...

From a technical standpoint this video is also unique in that the scene is lit entirely by the emissive materials using Unreal's implementation of VXGI, which allows the lighting to be changed in real time when the different consoles and ceiling lights go on or off.

It features brand new music by Patrick Phillips, who did the Stage 9 score; and the voices of several members of the dev team and the Discord community.

Enjoy!

Direct link
    BolianAdmiral
    I have one idea for another one of these for Scragnog to do:

The USS Galaxy is diverted to Wolf 359 (she was already en route to Earth after hearing about the debacle) after the Borg threat has been neutralized to assist in the retrieval of possible survivors from the attack. We see reactions of the crew when going through the dead hulks as the captain orders rescue shuttles to be launched and scanning for life forms. Maybe even mention the Zodiac.

Or perhaps have the Galaxy separate when she's among the wreckage (this is done to better comb the wrecks for survivors and to dock escape pods quicker).

On another note, I wonder how easy it would be to incorporate red alert strips between the upper and lower displays of the parameter stations like what was seen in this video on my battle bridge?
    Yeah, I could add those red alert strips here. They were added to the Zodiac because of the ""cool factor"" they gave to some of the shots.

I've been adding some more LCARS, including on the turbolift alcoves; and I've done the new stands for the consoles, here's a render with the old stands, and with the new ones. Thoughts?

tadeo-d-oria-c1-08.jpg?1546829825
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-08a.jpg?1546829829
    Let's keep the new ones. they look better. And of course the red alert strips.

I doubt that Scragnog would be willing but I could easily see the story being conveyed if he'd like:

We would see the USS Galaxy's battle bridge as crew are chatting around. The main crewmembers would be as follows:

Captain Murcia Sorista - captain of the USS Galaxy. She's a long light blue-haired Shrostian who took command of the Galaxy in early 2366. (I'm not telling you the circumstances).

Lieutenant Commander Olaas - female Elasian chief of security. Has shoulder length black hair and wears a dagger with her uniform.

Lieutenant Racholla - blonde female Risian. Sort of a ""rebel"" among her people - does not wear Risian emblem. She's the Conn officer

The idea goes like this:

The USS Galaxy has her saucer separated as the ship is tasked with finding survivors from Wolf 359. The music playing in the background would probably be ""We All are Free"" from ""Gladiator"" or something of that nature. Or perhaps ""Hands"" by Jewel.

This would be the dialogue:

MALE OPS OFFICER: Saucer section just beamed aboard survivors from escape pods belonging to the Kyushu!

RACHOLLA: Coming up on the Dreadnought!

OLAAS: I doubt anyone could have survived in there!

SORISTA: Don't say that! Scan the hulk!

OLAAS: Aye captain. Wait. I am getting sporadic life signs. Very faint though.

SORISTA: Lock onto them and beam them to our sickbay!

MALE OPS OFFICER: Aye captain. Locking on. Energizing. We have them. They're in the sickbay facility now.

RACHOLLA: I am detecting several large escape pods nearby. I recommend we check on them next.

SORISTA: Then do so.

RACHOLLA: Aye

OLAAS: According to the markings, they are from the Saratoga.

MALE OPS OFFICER: Confirmed. They've nearly exhausted their life support though.

SORISTA: Let's get them on board!

It would be wishful thinking of course. But it would be kind of interesting to see the action of how survivors of Wolf 359 were rescued.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Scragnog's been working on another video (probably the last one for the foreseeable future), and this one's a lot more complex than the previous ones. It uses the bridge of the USS Zodiac but, as the ship was lost at Wolf 359, it's in less than perfect shape... I think BolianAdmiral's gonna like this one...

From a technical standpoint this video is also unique in that the scene is lit entirely by the emissive materials using Unreal's implementation of VXGI, which allows the lighting to be changed in real time when the different consoles and ceiling lights go on or off.

It features brand new music by Patrick Phillips, who did the Stage 9 score; and the voices of several members of the dev team and the Discord community.

Enjoy!

Direct link

Holy God, that's AWESOME!!! That's exactly how I'd imagine a flashback nightmare Captain Ariel would have to the battle! I love all the battle damage and strewn bodies, lol. Great work!
    @BolianAdmiral: Hehe, glad you liked it! :D

@Rusty0918: Well, it's not really easy to do any of that, it's already a fan film at that point. You'd need animators for the faces and bodies (there's a reason why everyone's dead on the Zodiac :P ), voice actors with good equipment to do the voices (again, there's a reason why they're garbled up on the video), plus access to more high quality ship models, debris, etc. I'm sure it could be done, but the amount of work it would require would be far bigger than what any of these videos did.

I've added more LCARS, specifically on the Engineering station, plus the access hatch and the little screens at the sides of the viewscreen, and the red alert strips. Also, seeing the new rails, I had an idea for another version, IDK, these just came to me, what do you think?

tadeo-d-oria-c5-09.jpg?1546845357
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-08b.jpg?1546845360
    I like that! Though perhaps you should move those consoles back some and give them back their original stands (the tng ones) rather than have them on the rail.
    Done! :)
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-10.jpg?1546850192