Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    hollowpursuits034.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4041 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,303Member
    @Rusty0918: Hi! I didn't know you were a user here! That I'll make things easier once I start with your commission after the Bradbury is complete! :)

Some more work has been done on the LCARS, I redid some of the stuff as Starcream requested specific displays for each console, with different colors for the 'animated' sections similar to those used on the real CRT monitors on the sets. The design of the ship is also finished now, here it is compared to the Intrepid:

bradbury_by_rekkert-dblbbwn.png

c5_33_by_rekkert-dblbbul.pngc5_34_by_rekkert-dblbbva.png
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @Rusty0918: Hi! I didn't know you were a user here! That I'll make things easier once I start with your commission after the Bradbury is complete! :)

I haven't used this in quite some time, but yeah, I've been a user. I wonder what those ships are in the deploy status list?
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I think I can make out Repulse, Cheyenne, Calypso, Lexington, and of course Bradbury - not too sure on the others yet (awesome job Rekkert, that looks perfect :) )
    hollowpursuits034.jpg

Yep, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about! :) (not the same image I had, but it illustrates the point)
    I've finished the MSD area, and here's a close up of the ship list.

I originally did this list for the Charybdis following a list which appeared on TNG, so the Bradbury was already there, which is cool now in retrospect. :D I added some of Bernd's and Conner's ships for the Charybdis list, and for this bridge I added all the ships I did interiors for (excluding the Zodiac as it was already destroyed by this point).

c5_35_by_rekkert-dblc7of.pngc5_36_by_rekkert-dblc7oi.png
    Aaaand here are the last stations. I should've gone to sleep some 8 hours ago, but I really wanted to get these done. I'll go drink a liter of coffee now, I have to give a class on two hours... :p :

c5_37_by_rekkert-dblcin5.pngc5_38_by_rekkert-dblcinl.png
    VERY nice work! I love all the LCARS (as well as seeing the Quasar mentioned), and I like the small circuitry access panels with the LCARS on the screens.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work! I love the soft subtle reflections of the displays, and the blue glow underneath. Great design too.
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    Rekkert, I hate you. This looks so good.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Awesome stuff as always, Rekkert. :thumb:
    Absolutely, utterly, superb...
    8_1.jpg
    "The consoles, the LCARS, exactly as I knew it would be!"

Rekkert you've done a fantastic job, not only in terms of your skill in putting this together but also in your ability to tolerate and interpret the half-cocked ravings of your customer (not to mention providing superior alternatives when his own prove to be rubbish :lol: )

I don't think I need to tell anyone that these are legitimately the best original bridges we've seen on SFM since Sean Robertson's works (and are a few grades above those, IMHO). This was worth every penny.

For gods' sakes everyone, send him your commissions before he gets snapped up by someone at Star Trek Online! :D
    111907.jpg
    8_1.jpg 100.4K
    Starscream wrote: »
    Absolutely, utterly, superb...
    8_1.jpg
    "The consoles, the LCARS, exactly as I knew it would be!"

Rekkert you've done a fantastic job, not only in terms of your skill in putting this together but also in your ability to tolerate and interpret the half-cocked ravings of your customer (not to mention providing superior alternatives when his own prove to be rubbish :lol: )

I don't think I need to tell anyone that these are legitimately the best original bridges we've seen on SFM since Sean Robertson's works (and are a few grades above those, IMHO). This was worth every penny.

For gods' sakes everyone, send him your commissions before he gets snapped up by someone at Star Trek Online! :D

I have one in the pipeline to Rekkert shortly after he finishes this one up.
    I also have another project for him coming up. :)
    I am perhaps considering one soon. Looks like there's no shortage in here. :D
    Looks like Rekkert's gonna be busy then! Can't wait to see what you guys all have in mind. :)
    @BolianAdmiral: Thank you very much!

@I14R10: Hahaha, thanks? ;)

@BlobVanDam: Thanks! Sure, feel free to PM me with your idea! :)

@Rusty0918: Indeed! I'll send you an email in the next few days so that we can officially start! :)

@Starscream: Thanks to you mate for giving me your ideas and trusting them to me! You give me high praise if you compare my work to Sean's, I appreciate that very much, his bridges (as well as Michael's) are what started me down this path. As for STO 'stealing me away', I doubt it given my location and the amazing people already working there, but you never know! :lol: And even then I would still do this in my free time, it's my passion after all.

I'm currently rendering the final images, here's the MSD in the meantime. :)

uss_bradbury___master_systems_display_by_rekkert-dblon5i.png
    Here are all the finished renders:

uss_bradbury_bridge__1_by_rekkert-dbloliy.pnguss_bradbury_bridge__2_by_rekkert-dblon2k.pnguss_bradbury_bridge__3_by_rekkert-dbloolo.pnguss_bradbury_bridge_cutaway_by_rekkert-dblramt.png
    Oh.

Oh, wow. Even seeing the evolving WIP stages, I'm gobsmacked. That first image especially looks like you could just walk into the set, hear the ambient bridge sounds, even feel the carpet -- it's almost like being able to step into my own imagination (gotta say the feeling is rather surreal)! :D

Thank you again, so much, Rekkert. This is absolutely awesome. And I don't mind saying I rather prefer it over Voyager's bridge. ;)
    Very nice. Interesting, looking at the floor plan, how the narrower part of this bridge is at the top. It's still way too darkly colored/lit for my own tastes, but that's just my own preferences. As always, great work. I look forward to seeing your next commission come to life!
    Conversely, I often found the excessive brightness in the TNG Ent-D sets to both be a bit headache-inducing, and at odds with both the "guest" ship sets (and most of the movie ones).

As you say of course, it's largely down to personal preference, but I kinda like my retinas as they are! :lol:
    I like both looks, but I find the darker look more inviting and less sterile. I really love the look of this bridge in particular.
    Awesome work as usual, Rekkert. :)
    OK Rekkert, I sent you a message from DeviantArt, I'm set to pay for your next commission in the pipeline here!
    @Starscream: My pleasure mate, and indeed I also prefer it to Voyager's bridge! :lol:

@BolianAdmiral: It's funny but I like a mix of both, usually I prefer darker bridges BUT with color accents everywhere. I believe that's the best combination to get the best look out of the materials, but then again that's just my own personal taste.

@evil_genius_180: Thanks! :)

Alright, I've been talking with Rusty and started with his commission, which is the bridge of the USS Galaxy as it looked circa 2360 (so before TNG starts).

The bridge is of course based on the Enterprise-D bridge, but with several interesting changes. The color pallet is a bit darker and colder, as are the lights. The wood accents were replaced with metal ones, and the command chairs had been replaced with a Hathaway style Captain and XO arrangement on top of a platform.

As mentioned previously, the labels are blue rather than red. Other changes such as a new Captain's chair (the TNG chair from season 2 onward) and modified aft stations will be coming.

c1_02_by_rekkert-dblw21c.png
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @Starscream: My pleasure mate, and indeed I also prefer it to Voyager's bridge! :lol:

@BolianAdmiral: It's funny but I like a mix of both, usually I prefer darker bridges BUT with color accents everywhere. I believe that's the best combination to get the best look out of the materials, but then again that's just my own personal taste.

@evil_genius_180: Thanks! :)

Alright, I've been talking with Rusty and started with his commission, which is the bridge of the USS Galaxy as it looked circa 2360 (so before TNG starts).

The bridge is of course based on the Enterprise-D bridge, but with several interesting changes. The color pallet is a bit darker and colder, as are the lights. The wood accents were replaced with metal ones, and the command chairs had been replaced with a Hathaway style Captain and XO arrangement on top of a platform.

As mentioned previously, the labels are blue rather than red. Other changes such as a new Captain's chair (the TNG chair from season 2 onward) and modified aft stations will be coming.

c1_02_by_rekkert-dblw21c.png

Oh, wow... I LOVE that Hathaway-style command area!
    Oh, wow... I LOVE that Hathaway-style command area!

One of the prime reasons is that the first officer doubles as the chief science officer, and she typically has her console programmed to perform most scientific functions from the two aft Science stations (although she will be using the aft stations when the occasion calls for it). I'm starting a fanfic series called "Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles" which starts in 2360 (sort of to honor the 30th anniversary of TNG). While the Galaxy was commissioned in 2357, she spent most of her time in the solar system until 2360, when Starfleet decided to assign her to proper missions.
    That looks awesome. I really like the colors, especially the chairs.
    Just a thought, but if you really want to keep it period-accurate (just prior to TNG), I would really use the 1st season Captain's chair, since that's what we saw on the 1st season 1701-D, the Yamato, and the Hathaway, Lantree, and Brattain, not to mention the 1701-C. Again, just what I would do.
    Just a thought, but if you really want to keep it period-accurate (just prior to TNG), I would really use the 1st season Captain's chair, since that's what we saw on the 1st season 1701-D, the Yamato, and the Hathaway, Lantree, and Brattain, not to mention the 1701-C. Again, just what I would do.

Well - there's no saying in canon that such command chairs that were introduced in Season 2 were not present before that. My idea may be that the Enterprise-D originally WAS supposed to have the Season 2-onward command chair and Utopia Planetia put in the other type when the ship was launched, and it was changed in a refit. Perhaps Picard tried the season 1 chair and later thought the season 2+ chair was better. As I quote and what this bridge is supposed to convey is that "no two ships are exactly alike."

I liked the Season 2-onward chair better, that was the main thing.