Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    Obviously, the chairs aren't that close together and there are less seats than there were on the Ent-D bridge. It also has the same amount of consoles, one each for the seats left and right of the captain. What I meant by the cluttered comment is that the two full size consoles take up a lot of room. However, that's just my opinion. What's important is that you like it, as you're the one paying for it. And, if that's how you see your command center, then that's how it should be. Rekkert's work is, of course, fantastic.

Rekkert also provided two alternative options (I hope you don't mind me posting these). This is another one, which should work. (there's also a third, but I'm not too crazy about the look of it).

c5_05_by_rekkert-dbmfyxk.png
    c5_05a_by_rekkert-dbmfyy0.png
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks nice, I like the layout of the command chair and other stations in the command area.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Me too - either/or as far as I'm concerned. It's your bridge though, so whatever works for your aesthetics (and the needs of your story?) :thumb:
    Starscream wrote: »
    Me too - either/or as far as I'm concerned. It's your bridge though, so whatever works for your aesthetics (and the needs of your story?) :thumb:

I agree. I think we should go with this concept. Don't you agree, Rekkert?

Have you had a chance to read "Sound of the Shiant" yet, Starscream?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1117 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,570Member
    Rusty0918, could we see the third option anyway, just for s***s 'n giggles?
    Rusty0918, could we see the third option anyway, just for s***s 'n giggles?

Rekkert, please forgive me for this:

c5_06_by_rekkert-dbmfyyj.png
    c5_06a_by_rekkert-dbmfyys.png

This is the third option. The chairs and consoles and the way they face definitely turned me off. No offense Rekkert, if you have anyone to blame, blame BolianAdmiral, he wanted to see it.
  • RekkertRekkert4100 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,310Member
    Hahaha, no need to apologize, take all the feedback you need and then let me know which option to move forward with. I'll be working on the side of the bridge, the doors and the carpet in the meantime.

Regarding the available space in the command area, it's an issue of using the season 1 chairs and the entire conn style consoles, they have a lot more length than the common XO style chair and small console, hence make the whole area look a lot more crowded, particularly with the added steps that leave even less room in there.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Hahaha, no need to apologize, take all the feedback you need and then let me know which option to move forward with. I'll be working on the side of the bridge, the doors and the carpet in the meantime.

Regarding the available space in the command area, it's an issue of using the season 1 chairs and the entire conn style consoles, they have a lot more length than the common XO style chair and small console, hence make the whole area look a lot more crowded, particularly with the added steps that leave even less room in there.

Well I'm going with Concept B (not the one I just posted), but the one with the secondary command chairs/stations facing completely forward.
    I'm not saying you should use the 3rd option, merely that I wanted to see what it was. I agree that option B works best. :) Thanks for letting me see the 3rd one, though.
    I'm not saying you should use the 3rd option, merely that I wanted to see what it was. I agree that option B works best. :) Thanks for letting me see the 3rd one, though.

BolianAdmiral - have you had the chance to look at "Sound of the Shiant" yet?
    Hi Rusty, I started reading a while ago but time is a bit limited atm! I have some thoughts so will either DM or mail when I get chance :)

I'm also for Option B on the seating configuration, btw :thumb:
    I've modified the carpet a bit to accommodate for the larger consoles, and changed the colors to better accommodate the changed materials. What do you think of the combination?

c1_03_by_rekkert-dbmlytk.png
    I've modified the carpet a bit to accommodate for the larger consoles, and changed the colors to better accommodate the changed materials. What do you think of the combination?

*DROOL* *DROOL* *DROOL* :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Much better all over! :)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann634 Posts: 1,290Member
    What's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD. Love it. The ship exterior itself could/should have a little blue tint to it as well.
    The Galaxy-class filming model actually does have a blueish tint already.

Tailoring an entire ship's outer hull to be specifically non-standard, purely for the sake of matching the interior decor, though? Seems rather wasteful. ;)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann634 Posts: 1,290Member
    I keep thinking in terms of TV. If the Enterprise-D encountered this ship, it'd be a way to tell them apart in those quick establishing shots.

That looks hot. :thumb:
    No, no, no - it looks cool! :P

I've been meaning to ask, what does everyone consider their "ultimate" or ideal Galaxy-class bridge to look like?
    Starscream wrote: »
    No, no, no - it looks cool! :P

I've been meaning to ask, what does everyone consider their "ultimate" or ideal Galaxy-class bridge to look like?

Honestly, for me the ideal Galaxy-Class bridge would look almost exactly like the original concept for the GEN bridge, with a few very minor cosmetic tweaks, most notably getting rid of the geriatric shower metal handrails by the turbolifts, and upping the lighting level back up to the TV show standard.
    I mostly agree with you on that; the GEN bridge was vastly improved over the series depiction - particularly with the muted tones and extra consoles, making it actually look like a command centre. I didn't mind the handrails either (a good idea, IMHO), and well, you can probably guess how I feel about the lighting :D
    Honestly, for me the ideal Galaxy-Class bridge would look almost exactly like the original concept for the GEN bridge, with a few very minor cosmetic tweaks, most notably getting rid of the geriatric shower metal handrails by the turbolifts, and upping the lighting level back up to the TV show standard.

I might in future (not right now of course) ask for several variations of this bridge - but DEFINITELY not right now. In 2365, I imagine the Conn and Ops chairs looking more like Seasons 2-7 chairs (the secondary command station chairs remain the same though) and the side panels having a "Future Imperfect" look a la your Quasar bridge, BolianAdmiral. Another refit would occur in late 2371, in which it would look more like the GEN bridge but with a few other surprises, such as bio-neural circuitry trunks (the ship gets a major refit after the loss of the Enterprise-D), the ship would be upgraded with a bio-neural computer a la Intrepid and Sovereign-classes, Type XII phasers, Enterprise-E-style warp core, etc. to keep her up to date. But this is down the line. I'm more focused with "The Galaxy Chronicles" which starts in 2360 (four years prior to TNG).
    As for my 'ideal Galaxy', I would also use the Generations bridge as a starting point, with some minor changes. It just looks a lot more functional than the series versions. Knowing myself however, I couldn't choose ONE ideal design, I would have to create ten different ships with slight modifications all over the place. :lol:

I've been adding back some more LCARS (changing things a bit from the Quasar, as the second to last console here is Environment as in the Ent-D), as well as working on the side panels.

It's barely noticeable, but the aft consoles have a different front section right above the chairs, as it's based on the late TNG version. I still have to change the light above the aft area to the late version.

c5_08_by_rekkert-dbmpqrb.pngc5_09_by_rekkert-dbmpqrj.png
    As for my 'ideal Galaxy', I would also use the Generations bridge as a starting point, with some minor changes. It just looks a lot more functional than the series versions. Knowing myself however, I couldn't choose ONE ideal design, I would have to create ten different ships with slight modifications all over the place. :lol:

I've been adding back some more LCARS (changing things a bit from the Quasar, as the second to last console here is Environment as in the Ent-D), as well as working on the side panels.

It's barely noticeable, but the aft consoles have a different front section right above the chairs, as it's based on the late TNG version. I still have to change the light above the aft area to the late version.

c5_08_by_rekkert-dbmpqrb.pngc5_09_by_rekkert-dbmpqrj.png

Hey, does that Mission Ops LCARS have a ship listing? I might have some ships for you to adjust to that ship listing.
    I have to admit, I really like the look of the metallic Tactical console.
    I have to admit, I really like the look of the metallic Tactical console.

Yeah, it's definitely better than the woodgrain of the Enterprise-D (no offense all who like the woodgrain).
    Yep, metallic tac console is the way to go. Really, the color scheme as it is now is about spot on. It's amazing what changing that carpet has done to bring the color scheme together.
    I by far prefer the wood, but for this iteration of the bridge that Rusty0918 has, it fits, and looks good with the colors he chose.
    As I believe I've mentioned before, I like both but for different kinds of ships. For the flagship it makes sense to have a lot of wood and warm colors, while a battleship or more utilitarian design would probably be better suited with colder colors and surfaces.
    I've added the door labels and, the most important of all updates... the blinkies on the viewscreen :argh:

I've also added a bit of color by adding the metallic blue/green of the circuitry access panels to the receded area at the top of the walls.

c5_10_by_rekkert-dbmqhkx.pngc1_05_by_rekkert-dbmqfkg.png
    It's really coming together beautifully.