Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond A

12345679»

• nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Here is a new render (open in new tab for full res)

1701a_final4.jpg
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    What a great render! The use of proper bounce lighting to too often overlooked, but it adds so much!
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    Here is a new render (open in new tab for full res)

1701a_final4.jpg

Nice!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's officially awesome. It looks just like one of the shots from the film.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    That's officially awesome. It looks just like one of the shots from the film.

Let's be real here, it's pretty far from looking like the footage from the film. Don't get me wrong, it's a great render of a great model but realistically this is about 10% of the way to looking just like a shot from the film.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Let's be real here, it's pretty far from looking like the footage from the film. Don't get me wrong, it's a great render of a great model but realistically this is about 10% of the way to looking just like a shot from the film.

Looks a heck of a lot closer than 10% to me.

1701a_final4.jpg

alt-enterprise-a-screen1-stb.jpg

Though, you're right, it's not an exact match. Nightfever's looks better than the one in the film, in my opinion. And, given that we're not likely to see a 4th Abramsverse movie, at least not anytime soon, you might as well call Nightfevere's work as definitive as it gets.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    Looks a heck of a lot closer than 10% to me.

1701a_final4.jpg

alt-enterprise-a-screen1-stb.jpg

Though, you're right, it's not an exact match. Nightfever's looks better than the one in the film, in my opinion. And, given that we're not likely to see a 4th Abramsverse movie, at least not anytime soon, you might as well call Nightfevere's work as definitive as it gets.

Of course it looks better than a low-resolution, over-compressed screen grab... but objectively, Nightfever's render is not of film quality. That's an objective fact.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    My only complaint is that the model is too high poly to be printed on Shapeways! I want a model of this ship and Eaglemoss probably won't be doing it unless Trek 4 gets a move-on.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    She looks fantastic! I think you're right, Shadowknight. We won't see this ship unless the fourth movie is released.
  • The VorlonThe Vorlon337 Posts: 11Member
    Beautiful job! Have you posted any ortho renders of this ship anywhere? I'd be interested in seeing those. Thanks!
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    The Vorlon

you want a four page view. please send me an e-mail.
    I can not upload any pictures here.
    greetings
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    The Vorlon wrote: »
    Beautiful job! Have you posted any ortho renders of this ship anywhere? I'd be interested in seeing those. Thanks!

I rendered some orthos back in July. Here you are.

VacfyMF.jpg

iB2ooNt.jpg

3n7rMiC.jpg

wIpFyBc.jpg

pCus10B.jpg
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Nice:thumb:
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    OMG, I think the design is starting to grow on me. What have you done?! :argh:
  • The VorlonThe Vorlon337 Posts: 11Member
    Thank you!
  • zillabeastzillabeast335 Posts: 28Member
    It's beautiful, but I do feel the "neck" of the ship sits a little straighter up than this model just a bit...maxresdefault.jpg
    112089.jpg
    It's just the view angle. I have orthos of the original model and used them as reference.
    It's just the view angle. I have orthos of the original model and used them as reference.

How'd you manage to get orthos of the original model? The only things that have been released outside of screenshots were the concept art and the concept art doesn't match up with what was shown in the film.
    How'd you manage to get orthos of the original model? The only things that have been released outside of screenshots were the concept art and the concept art doesn't match up with what was shown in the film.

Got some help by the guys who built it.
    Got some help by the guys who built it.

Then I guess that makes your model the most accurate one out there. Just wish I could have one sitting on my shelf. Shame that the model is too high poly for Shapeways and Eaglemoss has no plans to do this Enterprise-A until it shows up in another film.