Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond A

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking awesome so far, nightfever. :thumb:
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    I think I like this Enterprise more than the 1701.

Me too. :)
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very clean mesh, love it !
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Looking good. I'm eager to see her fleshed out. :)
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    I added the bridge modules and impulse engine and made more progress on the base mesh of the engineering. It's still low poly and turbo smoothed but I am nearly at a stage where I can freeze it, cut off the nacelles and start detailing.

beyond-a_wip3.jpg
    Wonderful !:thumb:
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Looks pretty accurate to me. Nicely done. The reboot movies sure do like to make tiny secondary hulls.
    Looking sweet so far. :thumb:
    I like how she's coming along.
    Thank you very much for that find.
    I'm modeling the impulse engine with all its details these days. Update will come soon.
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Nice work, nightfever! It makes me look foward to the digital release of Beyond on the 4th all the more :D
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Having now seen the film i really like what Sean did to the Enterprise A, much better than the JJ Enterprise.
    The final scene from the movie is now available in HD, so it is much sharper than what we got to see before:
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    Looking great so far dude! :thumb:
    Here is a first shot of the impulse engine. It's still not finished and some details are to do. But you can see the level of detail that I am going to achieve.

beyond-a_wip4.jpg
    Yes! Very cool. I've been eagerly awaiting an update. I've been studying this ship alot lately. Everything looks dead on perfect so far. Nice detail there.
    That looks outstanding. Wonderful level of detail. :thumb:
    Very very nice Alex, WOW !
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    Here is a first shot of the impulse engine. It's still not finished and some details are to do. But you can see the level of detail that I am going to achieve.

I'd like to see a wider refit-era Prime design--but with that inner detail--best of both worlds
    I'm getting update withdrawals :p
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    ^ and we all got our hopes up that there was an update :rolleyes: :shiner:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Samurai wrote: »
    ^ and we all got our hopes up that there was an update :rolleyes: :shiner:

Yeah, this. :rolleyes:
    Some reference images for you.

I have uploaded an album of uncompressed captured frames straight from the Blu Ray. This is the highest quality look we're going to get. To view images at full size, right click and Open Image/Link in new tab.

yzQtjt4.png

FtY6xZm.png

qz182T4.png

vq1EZVw.png

aebKpUg.png

Jg6546A.png

o7DOLel.png

6qiSfb3.png
    Thanks for the caps and a big SORRY for the lack of updates. I was really busy and suffering from a flu the last two weeks. But at the end of the week I will go back to modeling.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Hey Alex, no apology necessary, and glad to hear you're feeling better. Seems everyone has a bug of some kind at the moment, guess it's that time of year.

Pixelmagic: Nice caps- sure they're being downloaded furiously as we speak. ;)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Those images look fantastic! nightfever, no need to apologize. Glad you're better. :)
    Good improvement for you. We can wait !:)
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Glad your well again Alex.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    I didn't think that it was possible to build a ship that is even uglier than the jj-prise. But this monstrosity is even uglier...
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    kuckuk333 wrote: »
    I didn't think that it was possible to build a ship that is even uglier than the jj-prise. But this monstrosity is even uglier...

Why? Just why? There's no need for this kind of comment. This quote by evil_genius_180 was said earlier in the thread but applies here too:
    Is it really necessary to post something like this in a WIP thread? Especially when you didn't even comment on nightfever's model? You could at least say something like; "While I'm not a fan of the design, your model looks good so far."