Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond A

• nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Update teaser: tonight I will finish the bridge levels and housing and post a new WIP image.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    kuckuk333 wrote: »
    I didn't think that it was possible to build a ship that is even uglier than the jj-prise. But this monstrosity is even uglier...

It's hardly any different from the original Enterprise Refit/A... Therefore it is not ugly at all and is probably one of the best Enterprise designs ever.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    Update teaser: tonight I will finish the bridge levels and housing and post a new WIP image.

Yay!
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    In what program do you model and what renderer do you use? I am looking at this render http://www.alex3d.space/enterprise-d-interiors-lounge/ and it looks great. Modeling is nice, but render is amazing.
    Still not finished with the bridge levels, but tomorrow.

beyond-a_wip5.jpg
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    Looks phenomenal! I'm patiently awaiting more :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking great. :D
    Looking good. I love this ship more and more.
    I14R10 wrote: »
    In what program do you model and what renderer do you use? I am looking at this render http://www.alex3d.space/enterprise-d-interiors-lounge/ and it looks great. Modeling is nice, but render is amazing.

Thanks, I'm using Cinema4D R16 for modeling and rendering.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very nice Bridge modul
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice, nice!
    Thanks.
    The upper saucer with nearly all details is done.

beyond-a_wip6.jpg

beyond-a_wip7.jpg

beyond-a_wip8.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Fantastic work. I love the details in even the smallest bits.
    1. That is some clean and smooth modeling. Fantastic work.

2. I am absolutely falling in love with this ship more and more. Your model is allowing us to get a look at details that are hard or impossible to see in the movie. The lines on this ship are just so beautiful. I love the bridge superstructure. It reminds me a bit of the 1701-E. The phaser turrets over the impulse drive are also really cool. It would be easier to fire phasers at swarm ships tearing up your pylons. :p
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Is it really necessary to post something like this in a WIP thread? Especially when you didn't even comment on nightfever's model? You could at least say something like; "While I'm not a fan of the design, your model looks good so far."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEKqFKh4hDo
  • MischaMischa0 Posts: 0Member
    Are those singular phaser emitters I'm spotting quite close to the disk edge?
    Saquist wrote: »
    And for those of us who don't care to watch a 47 minute video, what exactly is your point?
    Mischa wrote: »
    Are those singular phaser emitters I'm spotting quite close to the disk edge?

That is correct, there are there on the top saucer edge.
  • MischaMischa0 Posts: 0Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    That is correct, there are there on the top saucer edge.
    Judging from Pixelmagic's frame captures, they're also present on the lower saucer?

That would make this Enterprise pretty heavily armed. Wonder if there are any pop-up turrets...
    Mischa wrote: »
    Judging from Pixelmagic's frame captures, they're also present on the lower saucer?

That would make this Enterprise pretty heavily armed. Wonder if there are any pop-up turrets...

I imagine it's a story telling device from when Spock said "We are not equipped for this manner of engagement!" during the swarm attack. They have more phaser turrets to cover a more 360 angle of attack around the Enterprise. When the 1701 was having its pylons cut apart, the phaser banks couldn't aim downward at the swarm. Having some turrets on the edges actually makes alot of sense for line of sight off the saucer.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    This is lovely modeling work! I'm happy to see that someone is taking a real interest in bringing the newest member of the Enterprise family to life, and part of me hopes you'll have some way for people to get a 3D printed model of this ship upon completion.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    This is lovely modeling work! I'm happy to see that someone is taking a real interest in bringing the newest member of the Enterprise family to life, and part of me hopes you'll have some way for people to get a 3D printed model of this ship upon completion.

Meobius will have a kit out at some point. Probably.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    I have to agree, the more I see this ship, the more and more I like it. I think the refit version really fixed a lot of the issues I had with the original. Great work so far!
    The saucer is done. There might be a few more light bulbs to add when I get an even more precise look at the original. Don't mind the radial shadows between the grid lines, they are just some AO glitches.
    (open image in new tab for full res)

beyond-a_wip9.jpg
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    mattc wrote: »
    Meobius will have a kit out at some point. Probably.

Well, I'm terrible with kits lol

Saucer looks great!
    Awesome job. It would appear that is ever so slight faceting on the edge of the saucer rim. Maybe that will be fixed by one more sub division though.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    Looking fantastic.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    Awesome job. It would appear that is ever so slight faceting on the edge of the saucer rim. Maybe that will be fixed by one more sub division though.

Could also be the aforementioned AO glitch evident between the gridlines- difficult to say though. Looking at other parts of the model, I'd be surprised if the saucer was lacking in density given the lack of evidence of that elsewhere. As and when Alex is able (and of course willing), a "before and after" wireframe shot would likely be very educational- there's a lot of tricky (to my eye, at least) shapes and curves in this design.

While I'm not a huge fan of the "Kelvin timeline" reimagining of the design, Alex is doing a great job in creating a very faithful reproduction. I'd suggest this model is likely to be most viewers best opportunity to explore the design in detail. :)
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • dreamwalkerdreamwalker179 Posts: 189Member
    Nightfever, could you do a quick youtube video showing how you cut windows and other fine detail into your mesh? Your using Cinema 4d yes? No need to voice over if you don't want to. Just seeing the steps would be really helpful.

Great work so far!
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Looking good Alex.
    Thank you guys.

Currently the shuttlebay doors are done and I'm modeling and rigging the deflector. The bottom of the engineering will be pretty much the same as the earlier Enterprise.
    Pics will follow tomorrow.
    Nightfever, could you do a quick youtube video showing how you cut windows and other fine detail into your mesh? Your using Cinema 4d yes? No need to voice over if you don't want to. Just seeing the steps would be really helpful. !

It's quite simple boolean cuts and a lot of cleaning up.
    I'll do a quick video guide the next days.