Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond A

nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
edited January 2018 in Work in Progress #1
Okay, first try from the few references we already have.
Still not sure if this will be a wip to the end.
110951.jpg
Post edited by nightfever on
jj_A.jpg 263.8K
Tagged:

• BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great so far, as far as I can tell from what little reference there is. You've definitely captured the pylons.
    The new Enterprise looks so much better than the one they've been using for the reboot movies so far, correcting many of the problems I have with the proportions, so I can't wait to see how this comes along! :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Bold move, modeling a ship with so few references. However, it's off to a great start so far. :)
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    I was wondering if someone was going to have a go at this. I figured most would wait for DVD references though, heh. Even the concept art released is not very close to how it actually looks in the movie.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Hi nightfever,
    you are back ? :)
    Here is a concept Pic from the new "A".
    From the trekcore.com side.
    Greetings
    110959.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    It's not great quality, but its the only video I found
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 413Member
    Am looking forward to end result
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Looking great so far, I'm not too fond of how far back the nacelles are placed on the pylons, the pylons are too close to the bussards now... I really like the post-ID/Beyond refit.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    the reboot ship design is just terrible :( its better than the first reboot enterprise but its still no where near the original refit design
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    the reboot ship design is just terrible :( its better than the first reboot enterprise but its still no where near the original refit design

Is it really necessary to post something like this in a WIP thread? Especially when you didn't even comment on nightfever's model? You could at least say something like; "While I'm not a fan of the design, your model looks good so far."
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    this is true i was rude - the modelling does look good - design looks better than the concept art for the ship in fact - i just have a bug bear about the abramsverse ship design - they are just ugly compared the original refit design which is my personal favourite enterprise
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I didn't hate it the first time I saw it, but this design is actually growing on me. I'm glad someone is modeling it.

I'm also impressed that you've jumped the gun and started with very limited reference material!
  • christianSchristianS0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice modelling Nightfever! She looks much better than the concept renderings by Sean Hargreaves. Especially the pylons look so terrible on that one in the side elevation. During that sequence in the movie I didn't notice she was so much different from the original JJPrise. So maybe that concept is not the final shape. I was never a big fan of the JJPrise, so any change is welcome :-)
    And at least they are building her in space this time.

Do I remember correctly that you use C4D, Nightfever?
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    The concept doesn't match up with the actual ship. For example the concept has the front part of the neck completely vertical, while the actual ship has it curve.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Thanks for comments.
    christianS wrote: »
    Do I remember correctly that you use C4D, Nightfever?

Right.
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    The concept doesn't match up with the actual ship. For example the concept has the front part of the neck completely vertical, while the actual ship has it curve.

That's why the project is on hold until we get a better look at it.
    Hello nightfever.
    You're there even further, or that was just for fun? :)

best regards
    trekki
  • FenniusFennius163 Posts: 82Member
    I don't know what Sean Hargreaves was thinking when he made those. The final version is noticeably different from his concept, though mostly with the neck. It think they may have reduced the pylons a tad but its still not great. Your version looks a lot better there
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice model so far. Am in the same boat of being not all that happy with the JJ version, found it and the design of the bridge to be some of the weakest elements of these new movies, and was hoping when the E bit the bullet in the new movie that we'd get a more palatable redesign more in line with the original series refit, so was so gutted when they did the rebuild sequence at the end of the movie and I found it looked practically identical, but I guess that is to my untrained eye, so there are differences? Looking forward to seeing them as your work on this develops and more reference becomes available. Still wish they'd distanced it more from the JJ original, but you can't have everything eh?
  • zillabeastzillabeast335 Posts: 28Member
    Awesome! I remember a whole slew of early attempts at the 2009 Enterprise being posted here well before any solid reference material was available. Kudos to you for boldly going, and I hope it goes well!
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Looks great so far Alex, yes and a bold move to try modeling this with little references. Look forward to seeing your outcome.
    Good news! I am in the lucky position to continue building this ship accurately. So updates will follow in some days. :cool:
    Wow, good news !:thumb:
    Nice. Did you find some more references? I'm hoping the Blu-Ray will have some stuff on both this ship and the Franklin.
    First step done: guiding splines for the engineering section
    (open image in new tab for full size)

beyond-a_wip1.jpg
    Love it!
    Looking great. :)
    nightfever wrote: »
    (Can't upload images here, getting error unable to copy/move file)

You aren't alone.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?82204-Can-t-upload-images
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    Ever since this ship came on screen I loved it. Can't wait to see your finished model!
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    Ooh, that's soo good news! :) The start is already gorgeous, no doubt this ship will be as beautiful as it was in the movie!
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    I'm eager to get a clear view of the ship so I'm excited you are doing this project, Nightfever. Progress so far looks like it is accurate and I am impressed by how complex the geometry looks.
    First run on the base mesh.
    I modelled the nacelles and engineering in one mesh to keep it smooth. I will seperate them after the mesh has been detailed and the nurbs converted.

beyond-a_wip2.jpg
    I think I like this Enterprise more than the 1701.