Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    You're going to hate me for asking this, but....

Have you thought about doing a forwards swept pylon arrangement?
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    edited November 2023 #3333
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Some more detail bits and changed the cutout near the registry. Rounded it to match the other stepped in window and increased the cutter sizes over what was there.
    posttng-0406.jpg

I should look at getting a proper name onto this thing.

If you´re looking for a japanese name, it could be (Oda) Nobunaga, Tokugawa (Ieyasu), Sakamoto (Ryoma) or (Miyamoto) Musashi, which were important japanese persons. Or you could use city names like Nagoya, Yokohama, Aomori, Yshikawa or Owariasahi. ;)
    About the mesh, it looks a beauty. I like especially the way you integrated the bussards and warp grills and the less rounded secondary hull.
    I have two questions: all materials are rendered in default scanline? How you made the bridge dome effect?

Post edited by Starship on
    Rory1707
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    "Musashi Class" has a nice ring to it
  • Rory1707Rory1707234 Posts: 239Member
    edited November 2023 #3335
    How about the Musashi-Class, U.S.S. ENDEAVOUR 🖖🏾
    Post edited by Rory1707 on
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    U.S.S. Cisne

It means “swan.”
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Nope no intention too, it is beyond the idea of this project to alter the core positions of the various parts.

Never mentioned scanline I have not used it in over 15years or more. I use vray next right now and likely in the foreseeable future till I quit max.

>>Update<<
    More holes. I think I need to redo the interior wall material as it just is sucking up the light from the emissions materials in the rooms.
    posttng-0410.jpg
    Delayed posting as roofers are here so I had to gut and do some cleaning then my old grinder took a crap on me overnight. I have to feed it beans one or two at a time. . . . lol

Dark image is using larger emitter objects. Walls look more lit but so much spill out the windows.
    posttng-0411.jpg
    ashleytingerStarCruiserStarriggerevil_genius_180Rory1707Lizzy777publiusr
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Chopping up the secondary hull. Not sure if I will keep those lifeboats near the strut. That or remove some and maybe push them back a bit. But I know I had put them there to clear the shuttle bay guts. BUT I might be able to make it work, maybe? lol

posttng-0416.jpg
    granted this update is ehhh as all you really see of all the work is some lifeboat cutouts.

I am also debating on dumping the upper torps and placing them below the deflector vs being above. SO, that might make me have to remodel the deflector bits and bobs.
    StarCruiserBolianAdmiralashleytingerRory1707Lizzy777
    edited November 2023 #3339
    Well, scratch that lost it all, copied off the lifeboats to merge them all as one unit so I could mirror them and typical max bullshit it scrambled the materials on all lifeboats in scene. Only save I have is before all the work I did this evening. This has been a issue I think since max 2017 it just randomly fucks up all materials on a object when merging in other mat ID objects even if they are the same or irrelevant to the choice I make in the dialogue. If I cannot find a file to rescue it I will just delete the file as I am not reapplying all the materials to the 300odd lifeboats. And no undo does not fix this. Once fucked they are always fucked no take backs.

So only possible save for this is autoback.

I guess I could just load a old file and replace the hull and loose the positioning changes roughly 3hrs work. (yeah this is likely what I am forced to do. )

ok sorry dentist appointments and a mess of other crap (pile of amazon deliveries and the grinder too so not much time for 3d, BUT I did sorta manage to recover the file, just lost positioning of the non merged pods. I managed to recut and better fit those dark areas but not worth a render or a bump of the thread for now.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    publiusr
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Nice ship.

While looking at #3338 post, it caught my eye that (in my opinion) the nacelles might look better lower down.

Missing the "shark" nacelles.
    =update=
    Lots of cutting re-cutting etc. . . and it still isnt exactly where I want it. Ignore how fitted the deflector housings are atm as those will get chopped up more as I might redo the deflector itself to utilize more of that space where I WAS going to put the torp launchers. Then again they might just go back up top. Dunno atm.

posttng-0419.jpg

posttng-0420.jpg
    StarCruiserashleytingerRory1707BolianAdmiralevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusrStarrigger
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    I like that look. It says elegant but still pretty freaking mean.
  • Rory1707Rory1707234 Posts: 239Member
    Awesome!!!!!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1116 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,570Member
    I like it with the launchers underneath the deflector.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it with the launchers underneath the deflector.

I do too.
    BolianAdmiral
    Here’s a thought… what about instead of fore and aft launchers, we see a ship with dorsal and ventral launchers, like the missile tubes on nuclear subs? I mean, we’ve seen on Trek that torpedoes have guidance systems, and there’s no up or down or whatever in space…
    Altered deflector housing, need to alter the deflector dish itself but I might muck about with it more as I just moved the cage about. I might hollow that area out and greeb it up with lum matts around to highlight it. Same idea for the area around the torps.

posttng-0421.jpg
    posttng-0422.jpg

also hate to say it but I might have to do more patching as I am wanting to invert the curvature along the length of the struts. ATM there is a convex across the profile of the outside I am thinking I want that reversed so the outside is flat. I just worry how that might affect things further dow to the point of being unable to patch it into the hull due to surrounding shapes and forms. EG mostly the backside of the hull sort of pushes that flat face to the struts on the inside.
    evil_genius_180BolianAdmiralLizzy777Rory1707StarCruiserashleytingercaveat_imperator
    Patched in strut changes as mentioned in the last post.

posttng-0424.jpg

posttng-0425.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerStarCruiserRory1707
    aimlessly messing about with the torp area for no reason.

posttng-0428.jpg

posttng-0429.jpg
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerStarCruiserRory1707publiusrLizzy777Starriggercaveat_imperator
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    Coming along real good.
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser364 Posts: 45Member
    Lovely - only issue I have is the lifeboats right behind the torpedo launchers might be a bit too close...
    There is room just, the hull flares out quite a bit where those are, but I plan to squish them closer together as I am not liking the look of the spacing between them.

SOme renders showing clearances as I usually always check this shit.
    posttng-0430.jpg

closer together tubes but I might alter them more than this.
    posttng-0431.jpg
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerRory1707StarCruiserpubliusrLizzy777
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Maybe a catwalk right above the deflector?
    evil_genius_180
    Panel lines and removing some poor ideas like that notch in the panels near the torps. Most of the rest of the day was spent planning out the rest of the hull and cutting things up but none if it really shows up in renders.

posttng-0435.jpg
    BolianAdmiralevil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerRory1707StarCruiser
    More panel lines

posttng-0436.jpg
    posttng-0437.jpg
    evil_genius_180LoopholeRory1707StarCruiserBolianAdmiralLizzy777caveat_imperator
    I kinda forgot about these things. . . . oops. so they might go here or uh only other place is in the warp cutout, which is not my most favorite place to put them.

posttng-0440.jpg
    Rory1707StarCruiserBolianAdmiralevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusr
    Poop chute style. Problematic of this is how close it is to the warp core ejection path and in a way the core itself. I would think though the launchers have been optimized by this time compacting the size since the last time we saw anything (early TNG) of the mechanical nature of the things. Granted I think the one illustration we have is the main large tube in a galaxy class. Which was a multipurpose launcher for more than just plain torps.

posttng-0441.jpg

post was suppose to go up much sooner but distracted. . . pft
    Rory1707ashleytingerStarriggerevil_genius_180Lizzy777StarCruiser
    I love those aft dorsal launchers.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Great how this fixes several of the problems ships made for Picard had.
    publiusr
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    I kinda forgot about these things. . . . oops. so they might go here or uh only other place is in the warp cutout, which is not my most favorite place to put them.

posttng-0440.jpg

I like this configuration better than having the launchers in the undercut.
    StarCruiserRory1707
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    Same