Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    Faffing around with the deflector. Mostly enclosing the glow areas vs leaving it transparent and having the back cowling be the light source. Apparently a lot of the whack was just reflections on the deflector material. Not the look I was originally going for where it was intended for all the dish bits to appear floating over the glow but eh.

posttng-0615.jpg
    posttng-0616.jpg
    posttng-0617.jpg
    rojrenRory1707ashleytingerpubliusrBolianAdmiralLizzy777wibbleStarCruiserHunter G
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • GidiotGidiot30 Posts: 9Member
    edited January 23 #3423
    I tried to do justice to your Onimaru and Aethling designs. To go with the Mughi and Balmung (still to be printed). thanks for the inspiration!

hqntgixntdwo.jpg
    xcbv7gihrocr.jpg
    ufa7fsct8cns.jpg
    gb1n62t2ocjh.jpg
    Post edited by Gidiot on
    wibbleStarCruiserBolianAdmiralRory1707rojrenashleytingerLoopholecool65Lizzy777srspicerand 6 others.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Oh wow, they look great!
    Gidiot
    More messing with the deflector from a few days ago? I think. . . lol Then some messing about with windows on the "spine" Or least attempts to see how it looks. Ignore the panel line being thick and thin I just hand cut it vs chamfering due to the shallow edge angles. I will be redoing it but some of the unevenness of the gap shouldnt matter too much as the idea is to have this panel run down to the other set of lower windows vs framing the windows above. I still really hate that flat area between where the spine the windows sit and the impulse.

posttng-0624.jpg
    posttng-0626.jpg
    posttng-0627.jpg

posttng-0628.jpg
    posttng-0629.jpg

mmm still faffing on 3d printing, pooper or lcd resin. That mid sized bambu that came out last month was tempting but it is the apple of 3d so kinda meh on the propitiatory parts.
    BolianAdmiralRory1707StarCruiserwibbleSCE2AuxLizzy777caveat_imperator
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Those saucer impulse engines keep reminding me of illuminated phaser strips, lol.
    Yeah been debating on squaring off the ends or making a better housing vs just slots in a flat face hull.
    BolianAdmiral
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Looks great Dan! Say, you still in the lego scene?
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    edited January 26 #3429
    Always a pleasure to see all the intricate and neat modelling details, MKF. Very slick and sculptural as always!
    Post edited by SCE2Aux on
    Windows in but debating if the side ones will be those cutters pictured or if I will do a custom shape instead. I also plan to widen the outer jamb so it isnt so tight to the window opening.

posttng-0631.jpg

posttng-0632.jpg
    ashleytingerRory1707Lizzy777StarCruiserBolianAdmiralwibblepubliusrBillynom8srspicercaveat_imperator
    Meant to post this 7hours ago? lol

What I ended up with for now. Creates a interesting shape there.
    posttng-0633.jpg
    posttng-0634.jpg
    Lizzy777Rory1707rojrenStarCruiserBolianAdmiralwibbleashleytingerMustang13Camaro68publiusrBillynom8and 3 others.
    Interior rough is done added a semi split level thing to it. Dunno if I will go into camera in the room detail levels. Spent most of my time fooling with panel lines and thinking how to break up this area of the ship.

posttng-0635.jpg
    posttng-0636.jpg
    posttng-0638.jpg
    Rory1707ashleytingerStarCruiserLizzy777wibbleSeverus
  • seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    This is absolutely amazing. If I may make a suggestion, I'd make some of those secondary hull windows split in half, and some of the other ones equal in width to one half of the split ones. Something like this:

[______]

[__] [__]

[__]

That'd help break up the uniformity of it and suggest different sized rooms and rooms with different purposes.

Old OLD arse update as we have been suffering power outages since a huge wind storm came in and tore the area up so I only just now got around to booting this system back up.

Most of the update is just me messing with how I want to break up the hull and match it to the older bridge panels. It is all just surface stencils right now.

posttng-0642.jpg
    SCE2AuxashleytingerBolianAdmiralseanrlennier1Rory1707StarCruiserwibbleLizzy777srspicer
    Not willing to redo all the windows as I am way past done with them but decided to turn one of the long rooms into a lounge/commissary? Not a arboretum as I do not think having a rec area in where labs and work rooms would be. Granted most of the windows are to offices and crew quarters. Still kinda meh about how it appears in the hull though as it just adds visual clutter. Maybe changing the window type might help, dunno.

Drawback though means I have to populate the interior as it is so much easier to see into now.

posttng-0644.jpg
    posttng-0645.jpg
    wibbleRory1707rojrenStarCruiserLizzy777seanrashleytingersrspicer
    Forgot to reply on the LEGO question, I am still picking up sets here and there but not much MOC making of late. Just not much room or uh organization lately. I had a old desk set up but it keeps filling up with pc crap or other junk before I can set time aside to just mess about. What I need to do is rethink my set up for easier access but dust free those plastic drawer things are definitely not an answer as they fill full of dust in no time. Maybe I'll post some of this stuff if there is interest.

Update, few more lines mapped out and looking at those impulse assemblies, outlined atm but dunno wtf I am going to do with it.

posttng-0646.jpg
    posttng-0647.jpg
    wibbleSCE2AuxStarCruiserBolianAdmiralseanrLizzy777ashleytingerSeveruscaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    More small updates, mostly messing with the surface of the "taco" shell part of the bussard.

posttng-0651.jpg
    posttng-0652.jpg
    posttng-0653.jpg

Mostly working a slight hint of a crease along the length.
    StarCruiserBolianAdmiralRory1707wibbleashleytingersrspicercool65Lizzy777caveat_imperator
    more uh small changes. Decided to try a crease in the nacelle.

posttng-0654.jpg
    posttng-0655.jpg
    rojrenStarCruiserCoolhandashleytingerpubliusrdarkthunderLizzy777wibblesrspicer
    Continuing the crease down the nacelle. Also some collapsing of subdiv on parts and refining the parts.

posttng-0656.jpg
    posttng-0657.jpg
    posttng-0658.jpg
    posttng-0659.jpg
    posttng-0660.jpg
    ashleytingerrojrenStarCruiserRory1707wibbleLizzy777SCE2AuxBolianAdmiralcool65caveat_imperator
    edited February 22 #3440
    well wrote all sorts of stuff about these but finding this pc and only THIS pc was uploading at below dailup for upload and WP kept failing the uploads. Dunno wtf second switch to go this week. First it was a old 4 port now the master one seems to be boofing itself sooo dunno First was finding this crap i225 chipset wont connect at 1g just 100base. . . . known issue and intel just blames all the AIB (mobo makers) but this issue is on the pcie cards as well so go fig. SO much for not using realtek cancer (realtek quick way to fuck a network) SO figure out those crap chipset systems hooked one up to the 2.5gb port on the router and put the other one on wifi. Now I find my main pc on the old 8port switch is getting 10kbps upload. . . . .

ANYHOW means my wall of text is lost and now it is a wall of text of me pissing about my lan. So looking at 500usd being tossed into the network via new cables and switches that can at least do 2.5gbps all cause of these bs chipsets and well cause the other switches seem to have decided to shit themselves.

update summery:

collapsing the subdiv so shapes are fixed,. Started modeling in the slits in the taco shell Unsure if I will extrude these deeper or not or just cheat and use the black material. Also debating what to do with the backside of the cowling as it is a area I have been unhappy with. Idea was to put huge flush vents here. Really I should have modeled these bits as separate objects I suppose then screamed at them to remerge into a single object later on. Well cut and bridged em into one that is.

hindsight? pffft

posttng-0661.jpg
    posttng-0662.jpg
    posttng-0663.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777ashleytingercaveat_imperatorwibblesrspicer
    edited February 23 #3441
    Well, thars the problem. . . . fail clips that go brittle from heat holding on a heatsink, brill. Ad din a judicous dose of swol caps and FFFFF cooked PCB. Couldn't decipher any of the date codes on the ICs but I think this is from when I moved down here so maybe 2008 so I guess. Smaller switch is probably not much better inside.

internet-oof.png

internet-oof-02.png?w=400
    internet-oof-03.png?w=400
    internet-oof-04.png?w=400

Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiser
  • StarCruiserStarCruiser364 Posts: 45Member
    Looks pretty cooked to me...
    Vents? dunno lol lit only to show them off.

posttng-0665.jpg

posttng-0666.jpg

ehh, maybe not.
    caveat_imperatorLizzy777Rory1707wolfmanStarCruiserwibble
    vertical

posttng-0667.jpg
    posttng-0669.jpg
    posttng-0670.jpg
    wolfmanrojrenStarCruiserashleytingerLoopholeRory1707Warp Propulsion LaboratorywibbleStarshippubliusrand 1 other.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »

posttng-0635.jpg

I can almost see that wedge as the chisel nose of an aft-facing Captain’s Yacht of Runabout size.

mostly collapsing and merging bits in.

posttng-0673.jpg

posttng-0674.jpg

posttng-0675.jpg

posttng-0676.jpg

posttng-0677.jpg
    rojrenStarCruiserRory1707ashleytingerwibbleLoopholeLizzy777srspicer
    Sorta running aground I guess, doing nothing but busy work on this in clean up and lacking direction in what details to add further. Either way a lot of these upper areas are now one bit and cleaned up. The blue dome things have interiors that fall into the nacelle now vs crap piled up.

posttng-0680.jpg

posttng-0681.jpg
    wibbleseanrRory1707StarCruiserLizzy777
  • bloknayrbbloknayrb138 Posts: 44Member
    Sorta running aground I guess, doing nothing but busy work on this in clean up and lacking direction in what details to add further
    Wow I feel you so hard on this.
    Yeah whipping out tha tmotivation of late is been pretty unproductive lately. >_>

Mostly oldish work here collapsed the rest of the nacelle hull and did some detail work and added the ribbing to the warp grills.

posttng-0686.jpg

posttng-0687.jpg
    posttng-0690.jpg
    posttng-0691.jpg
    wibbleLizzy777lennier1StarCruiserRory1707ashleytingerrojrenpubliusrseanr
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Wonderous
    Probably another mistake but that divided lower part of the nacelle has been bothering me as a cop out in modeling. The mistake here is having to re-deal with the stupid strut joint again. Al the weird lighting angles are mostly to visually check to make sure the "notch" does not affect the flow of the rest of the lower hull. Drawback though it DOES eliminate the aft plasma flush vents that sat at the end of the coil chain.

posttng-0697.jpg
    posttng-0698.jpg
    posttng-0699.jpg
    StarCruiserashleytingerRory1707wibblesrspicer