Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWhat you up to?

• Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting designs.... Stargate based?
  • satnambollsatnamboll0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello again

I also forgot another one. This is very large.
    http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/BSZ/BSZM3.jpg

Satnam
  • satnambollsatnamboll0 Posts: 0Member
    Dr Lee wrote: »
    Interesting designs.... Stargate based?

Hello

and yes..they kinda fit in with my stories that I have planned. I just thought of something, and the ones you see are the results...check out the one I literally just posted

Satnam
  • Enigma XEnigma X331 Posts: 0Member
    Well after having lost my new job(Improperly ventilated Welding environment, I welded galvanized, which is nasty stuff) because i started coughing up blood and bits of lung.......yeah, kinda sucks.

I'm picking up my old College books and getting back in the game, Kinda like a refresher i suppose....So we shall see what i turn up eh?
    Maybe i actually finish something i start 3d wise?
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    In order to clean up the clutter in the WIP area, this thread is no longer a sticky thread. Consider this an official "bump" in order to remind people that if they stop contributing to this thread, it will eventually disapear into the blackness (ie, drop off the first page. ;)).
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Well stop this Thread form disappearing.

here is something that I was working on recently, though I have lots insperation to carry on with it.
    It was inspiered by CLU's Command ship from Tron Legacy.

ship-pre-subd-angle.png

ship-pre-subd-bottom-angle.png

ship-pre-subd-bottom-fans.png

ship-pre-subd-doors.png

ship-pre-subd-forward-thusters.png

ship-pre-subd-landing-gear-doors.png

ship-pre-subd-rear-air-lock.png

ship-pre-subd-rear-angle.png
    That is very cool....

Some of what i've been working on recently...

Left - A modified Prometheus battle ship from Stargate. the show version had a few faults (Mainly the lack of possible fighter bay), so i thought i'd try my hand at a re-design, something that i started maybe a year or so ago, but never finished.

Middle - A cargo ship based on the Prometheus design. this ship was the first ship i ever designed and built in 3D, and has undergone a heck of a lot of design changes since.

Right - Thor Gun boat. Basically a moving weapons platform. Missles, turrets and a pair of main cannons (Version shown is the brand new 2-day old version)
    89714.jpg
    Thanks,

They look like good starts. The cargo ship, at the front is that the puddle jumper?
    Close..... It's basically my idea for a Tau'ri built Puddle Jumper... called the 'Gate Jumper'
    I see, so the dementions would roughly be the same?
    Could we get a better look at it?
    Roughly.... instead of working from the size of the jumper, i built the GJ around the inner dimensions of the Stargate.

It's actually a very old design, one of the first i started working on when i started 3D Modelling
    89796.jpg89797.jpg
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    Nice!

Reminds me of a similar approach someone tried years ago: http://fav.me/dj0y68
    That was one of the images that inspired me to create the GJ
    Nice, I take it the engine pods don't extened on this one?

I never seen the other one before.
  • RekkertRekkert4038 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,303Member
    Hi!

So I'm in the middle of learning to use 3DS and I'm practicing a lot with turbosmooth (the last class I had was about it), so here I give you the WIP USS Turbosmooth. :p

It isn't worth of it's own thread but I wanted to share it anyway.
    89926.png89927.png89928.png
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, finally got around to starting something, not sure where i'm going with this yet.
    89934.jpg89935.jpg89936.jpg
    BB1.jpg 44.1K
    BB2.jpg 131.6K
    BB3.jpg 124.6K
    Here is my take on Mars Starting to be tarraformed.
    90000.jpg
    Mars.jpg 149.2K
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Freak wrote: »

That's neat - I think it'd be cool to push the oceans towards a green shade, suggesting the heavy use of algae in the terraforming process, and also because it keeps with the "rust" color scheme :)
    Thnaks, I will be putting in some Green around the cities I put in there. (these are on the night maps.)
    But it might be some time unitll I start doing that.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Looks nice, Freak. The clouds do look a little pixelated though...I'm guessing it's not actually low res though - Are you layering your clouds to get a more "3d" look? It might be worth trying to get the layers closer together...
    Sorry, I did not see your post Tim.

from some reason it only happens with Mars and not Earth. (well little with Earth.)
    The clouds are on a sperate object. and as close as I can get to the one next to it.
    It most likely due to the fact the cloud map is a little low res than the rest.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Freak wrote: »

Nice.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,326Member
    Faffing around with NOT TREK stuff. All temp, placeholder crap to see how it pans out and to get the rough outline.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • WolfieDWolfieD0 Posts: 0Member
    this was the start of my 40k *period* after all my tardis builds. but it kind of got away from me, and i started making really silly mistakes so it got shelved and i started to rhino and well yeah the rest is history!

6005410928_3de7e63cee_z.jpg
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    I had resumed a suspended project, a non-canon variant of Stonewell/Bellcom VF-1 from SDF Macross :) This project had been suspended once in 2009 because of completing my BSG-related project at that time.
    Some nice work There!
    Bit of bump to remind people that this thread is here and also to show something I am currently working on.

I have not been doing much modelling since I finsihed the 'The Arch Bridge' picture.
    However after using Andrew Price car in the picture, I though it would be cool, if I built my own.
    I also want the car to have a scifi connections to it.
    The car has been used in one Sci-fi show and posiably two sci-fi movies. I need to check that.
    The car model is now old but from the last five year. The first to guess the make, model and what TV shows/ Movies it was in get a cookie!

test-03.png
    Knight Rider..... Ford Mustang GT500KR.... or something like that. Crap show, cool car....
    Yeap that it.
    yeah I agree great car cappy show. It did show some protential and it went off the deep end and could not be really saved.

here is your cookie.

cookies-006.jpg

Still need to cut in the indercators, and do a bit of clean up and then I can call the front read for real details, but that will be coming up once I have modelled the whole car.
    *Nom Nom Nom* :D