Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWhat you up to?

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Did some more work on the robot. Mainly on the legs. Not sure if I am going to contiune with this one.
    As I am not sure what else I could do.

legs+2.png

compaire+2.png
  • cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member
    Freak wrote: »
    That a nice desgin. I have been meaning to pick up that book.

Thank you, I think i will restart it and tweak it. I really liked the book, but there is also an interview in the new #D Artist magazine, that is quite inspirational
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Don't know how I missed seeing this thread until tonight. My attention span must be malfunctioning. Anyway, besides providing a few CGI effects for a small independent film, I've mainly been revamping my StarBird Mark VII model by cleaning up the texture maps and fixing details I missed earlier. I don't have any pics of it yet, but I will post some when the model is done if anyone is interested.
    sure look forward to seeing them.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Yes Ozylot it is rather addicting, and I'd like to thank you for posting the link. Great car cuya... really looks good.

corridors...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1410&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1413&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1416&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1419&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1422&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1425&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1428&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1431&g2_serialNumber=2
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Working on my latest attempt at a StarGate ship, the Thanatos... and about to play BADCOMPANY2 for an hour... look fr ABRAMSFIST
    83571.jpg
    Doc6.jpg 128.1K
    Nice Corridor.

I am liking that ship.
    ^ Thanx, and I like the ship too. Great job japme. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1434&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1437&g2_serialNumber=2
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    building a USMC tumbler
    83622.jpg
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Hundred wrote: »
    Yes Ozylot it is rather addicting, and I'd like to thank you for posting the link. Great car cuya... really looks good.

corridors...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1410&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1413&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1416&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1419&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1422&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1425&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1428&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1431&g2_serialNumber=2

Cool stuff man! What's funny is that I've tried the exact same thing you just posted. Mine even looked similar but they were much lower poly and not as nice as yours. I had been hoping to make the corridor sections able to match on to my greeble pack but sadly never got very far on it. Nice work, very star trekish. :thumb:
    Thanx Ozylot, appreciate it. And I've changed the look of most of it quite a bit. It still looks somewhat trekish I guess, but not too much. Thanx.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1434&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1443&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1446&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1449&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1452&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1455&g2_serialNumber=2
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    mucking about, Im making a free tutorial set for 3d palace. Its a scifi outpost. Here is what the comm array looks like so far.
    83749.jpg83750.jpg
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    During my hiatus from SFM, I did a few things that weren't really SFM material or just never went anywhere. This apartment was one of them. I got a bit bored trying to fill it with furniture - but I was having fun putting my own art on the walls.
    83751.jpg
    Sweet work Armondikov!

ok here is the completed Comm array. The Hi res videos are being releases as a Mini-tutorial on 3d-palace. The Low Res vids are available for free on their streaming service. Next is probably the landing pad :)
    83793.jpg
    Lee80 wrote: »
    Sweet work Armondikov!

ok here is the completed Comm array. The Hi res videos are being releases as a Mini-tutorial on 3d-palace. The Low Res vids are available for free on their streaming service. Next is probably the landing pad :)

No, I think that Comm array is pretty sweet! Though I think - well, you might be intending to do more with textures, so I don't know - there is a bit of a disconnect between the level of detail on your towers (trusses always seem to do this) and radar dish, and the main structure behind it. But if it's your own project and not for anything serious, you may as well go all-out and add some extra details to that main section.
    Some very nice work here guys.
    I may end up revisiting the genny later to add some more details to it. But for the most part I wanted it to look armored and relativly clean compared to the rest of the parts. Figured I could just add some plates and makers marks to the texture maps. :)
    Man I dig that generator. Very nice. :thumb:
    I've somehow managed to be roped into doing VFX for a friend's amateur film project. Here is the stab at titles that I did. Far too short in this version but the latest version isn't up on YouTube yet. I might abuse this thread for plugging it as it's not SFM type stuff and definitely not enough work to start a full thread. :)
    I like :D
    Very nice into. I like it. :thumb:
    Very Nice
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, decided to get serious (well not really, more like bored), and so I started a simple project that's started to boom, well it is Just A boom. early Tos or pre-tos maybe? Just settled on the general shape and basic details, need to start adding the bigger details, although I might change the Bridge section a bit. don't mind how crude it is, it's a first draft.
    84179.jpg84180.jpg84181.jpg84182.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Falin wrote: »
    Ok, decided to get serious (well not really, more like bored), and so I started a simple project that's started to boom, well it is Just A boom. early Tos or pre-tos maybe? Just settled on the general shape and basic details, need to start adding the bigger details, although I might change the Bridge section a bit. don't mind how crude it is, it's a first draft.

The design is clearly ancient...sorry couldn't help myself.
    Klingon I guess.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Seems like it got a long neck. or does the body still need to be filled in?
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Seems like it got a long neck. or does the body still need to be filled in?

the body isn't there, this is the boom separated, i might shorten the neck a little, either that or do something along the way to lessen the look of being extremely long. right now the neck itself is 135m long, compared to a D7's that's 83m, My thinking is this is an older ship, needed more room for the older technology, which is evident by the fact that the head is 13 decks, compared to a D7's 10 decks. the body, if I ever get around to it, will have at least 15 decks (probably closer to 20), since the drive section here is 15 decks, which would make this a bit larger than a D7's 9 decks. I Might rethink the drive section here, after thinking about that, seems a tad high.

Edit, ok changed it a lot on the back end and the neck, this should work better and doesn't make the secondary hull a monster later on.
    84198.jpg84199.jpg
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Been slowly working on a series of fighter sized craft that have interchangeable mission pods for various taskings. So far I've got a Electronic Counter Measure (ECM) platform and a Guided Missile Platform.
    The main hull and engines are the same throughout the entire series with some slight armour/plating differences on the actual mission pods.
    84245.jpg
    I've just got back from Paris and decided to crack on with some CG that should be getting used in the film I mentioned above. In this case, a WIP castle that I'm making for it for some cool establishing shots and so on - I was originally wanting to do a massively extravagant high-fantasy thing, like what you see if you put "fantasy castle" into Google Images, but the directors want something closer to the real castles we have in the local area to work with.

I was just going to make a matte painting but I figured a 3D model would be more flexible and less work in the long term. Hopefully some good lighting, normal mapping and some cool stuff with After Effects should make it look far more realistic than this model shot! :p

EDIT: It occurs to me that I should really check what "exterior" shots of the real castles have been used so I can incorporate them, much in the same way that you can see a replica of Alnwick castle in the CG shots of Hogwarts!
    84404.JPG
    Yeah, it seems to be quite nice. I've composed this one together in photoshop using a stock image for now, not sure how I'll get a background to animate but I presume some camera mapping will be in order once I've discussed it a little more with the directors.
    84408.jpg84418.jpg
  • DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    Teaser shot... Cheers!
    84420.jpeg