Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWhat you up to?

FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
edited March 2013 in Work in Progress #1
We all start projects, that go nowhere or finish it too fast to start a thread up.

So I though it would be a good idea to start a thread here for the work you want to show off but do not want to start a thread for. Or something you are playing around with but not sure if you will contiune it, but due to the positive feed back could lead you to starting a Thread.

So Let see what you are working on!!
Post edited by Freak on

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Okay so to start the ball rolling this is what I have been working over the weekend, as a Break to my space station.
    Not sure if I will continue with it at this moment in time, As I was looking though conceptships.org I can across it sister site ConceptRoborts.org. after looking though the site it inspired me to build what you see before you.
    The first pic is something simple just playing around, but as you can see it starting to take shape.
    As I said not sure if I will continue with this, as I have spent the last three months on my Station and I do want to finish it..
    80087.png80088.png
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good freak, me i've been just muddling around without insperation. so I started a simple project the other day, and before you say it looks like something "sexual" in nature, it's the start of a retro Rocket concept, still debating on the spheres though.

rocket.jpg
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    It's not possible to look at that image without dirty thoughts coming to mind, Falin hehe :) Or maybe its just me !

And that robot face is *really* good freak. So full of character already.

As for me, ive got two on my hardrive i dunno if i'll get around to.

One is the starbase/outpost from Picards' painting in his quarters.
    The other is the Excalibur class v4 i was never happy with, which even here was still in its "design/ideas" process.

At best, the Picard outpost might see the light of day after i finish my current 2 projects.
    80089.jpg80090.jpg
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the idea of making the space station from Picard's painting. You should definitely continue that!

The other day I was bored and started making a room on a Cylon Basestar, but I'm not that happy with it. I can't get the lighting how I want it, but I don't really need a model of this room for anything, so I probably won't continue with it.
    80094.jpg
    Thanks Guys. I might do a bit more work on it at the weekend.

Failn, Rivers3d right, you can't look at that and not have dirty thoughts. LOL

Rivers3d, I love the idea of building Picards station, I don't think anyone built it. You should carry on with that one, once you finished your current projects.

Pearse, the room look good. Your right about the lighting, but a few changes should fix that. It would make a great scene in there with a few Clyons.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Cool thread. I've been meaning to open one of these threads, but never got around to it. :)

Stickied. Let's see if we can get this thing really going.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Thanks for making it a Sticky Guerrilla :thumb:
    Rats. Tried making a fancy thumbnail for the forum index, but it didn't show up. Oh well, hopefully people will notice it anyway.
    What if you put it as an attachment into the first post, would it show up then?
    I did. Edited your post, but it didn't show up. :p

Looking at the other stickies in here and in the gallery, it looks like they don't get thumbnails.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Freak wrote: »

Pearse, the room look good. Your right about the lighting, but a few changes should fix that. It would make a great scene in there with a few Clyons.

Thanks. :) Yeah, I tried to track down a copy of Will Jaspers' Centurion model that was compatible with C4D, but couldn't find anything. I need to make my own eventually, though, so maybe that'll be a project to work on.
    obrien_jimmy Built one not long ago on 3dscifi.
    I though it had an account here, but I can't seem to find it. Might have been wiped with the site update. I know Ace did alot of house cleaning when he did that.
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    was wondering when someone would start one of these here...

a ship Im working on for 3d-palace
    80117.jpg80118.jpg80119.jpg80120.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work Lee!

I wanted to work on a particle system to fire phaser blasts, but alas:
    2rgyk51.jpg

Happens in the Max 2010 demo as well :(
    Very nice work Lee, your detail work just keeps getting better and better..

Melak, That suck, someone here should be able to helpout.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Failn, Rivers3d right, you can't look at that and not have dirty thoughts. LOL

I know that;s why i put the disclaimer in, it'll look less dirty once I put on the wings and other parts.

Pearse that is one nice room.
    Turns out Max didn't like some of the naughty things I did to my Windows install, another install later (and the same modifications done) it works beautifully. So now I'm rendering away on a short test :D

27zc7sm.jpg
    Arr the reinstall fixes all! LOL

So let see the test.
  • Badi_DeaBadi_Dea0 Posts: 0Member
    Great thread!

attachment.php?attachmentid=80405&stc=1&d=1270012958

I'm working on some Photoshop finally.

Yes, Melak, Show us the test! :thumb:
    80157.jpg
    Nice, the lower text remind me of the one used for Farcry.
    That looks dirty!

..But still awesome :D

here's the short test I was rendering last night
    1e2ah1.jpg
  • Badi_DeaBadi_Dea0 Posts: 0Member
    I would have to say your test worked out great!
    The Phaser effect is rockin'
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Melak, the phaser shots look good.

Badi-Dea nice work so far
    That is a great lookig test.
  • Number 6Number 6331 Posts: 0Member
    Great idea for a thread. I've been playing around a little with restarting my Forbidden Planet C57D Star cruiser cutaway that I was working on a long time back before my hard drive choked on me. Not really sure how far I want to take it and didn't want to start a whole new thread with the little that I do have. Here's a couple of renders of the whole ship and a couple of just the internal frames.
  • backsteptbackstept2023 Posts: 919Member
    trying to find a lighting setup I like for a render with Howie's Chariot
    80205.png
    Number 6, I remember that thread, didn't you get quit far before the HD issue?
    The rebuild is looking great.

Backstept, once you got that bad boy set up, where going to want to see some pic. there are far to few pic and animations of Howard's Chariot!
  • Number 6Number 6331 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, I had quite a bit of the ship modeled. most of the main deck and a lot of the ships engines and reactor core and internal framework. I was working on the engineering deck and had modeled the little tractor that they had. I still have a lot of the renders but all of the model files were lost so I will need to start modeling from the ground up with all new models. It will give me the opportunity though to correct a lot of mistakes that I had made with the original model but I was to lazy to go back and fix.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That's some really cool stuff here :D That cutaway looks really interesting #6, reminds me of the NX01 parts that were posted on Doug Drexler's blog. The phaser effect is very nice Leon and that Chariot class is shaping up awesome as well. Here's some of the stuff that I've been doing today :

renault4.jpg
    porsche1.jpg
    Those cars look great.