Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWhat you up to?

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    theres a lot of segmentation on that cookie freak :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Yeah I should really have used the Subd on it. ;)
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    It was interesting unexpectedly to render edges :D
    That looks pritty good.
    Was it done in scatchup?
  • tan.jtan.j183 East JapanPosts: 100Member
    Thanks Freak :)
    They were done on LW3D as always. Outline render and super cel shader were applied.
  • AdiJagerAdiJager171 Posts: 0Member
    No idea what to do now -_-
    91765.jpg
    Not a bad looking Light runner. Now do a background for it.
    As this thread is no longer a sticky, I thought it would be a good idea to bump it.
    Just to remind everyone that it is here.

Remember this thread is for W.I.P's you want to show off without starting a thread as they may or may not get finished.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    I was loving TR's Oberth work so decided to make one of my own. I hope he doesn't mind.
    94108.png
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    I've always really liked the Oberth Class, and they've never done enough with it IMO. Great job. :thumb:
    Nice.
    Thanks to both of you. I am learning a lot doing this mesh. One, is that it is amazing how much the modeled in panel lines (on the saucer so far) add to the sense of reality.

I am also working on this station.
    94145.png
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Have no images to show off, but i'm currently working on two different types of Dropship for two seperate video's a mate is doing (one to be included in a local (for him) competition & the other for his Uni course) plus trying to finalise a series of semi-religious 3D images to be sold in a local Christian Bookstore & at some fetes around town this summer...
    @ Brandenberg, nice work on the station. Waht App are you using?

@ Dr. Lee, good luck with those projects.
    Thanks, one of the dropship projects has a completion date of a couple of days time, so it's busy,busy,busy atm...
    [video=youtube_share;sSx_HVhf6-o]
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Thanks for bumping this thread.
    I have a LOT of trek stuff and some cars that I startet over the last years which didn't come to an end (yet). I'll post some images tonight.
  • CryonicCryonic0 Posts: 0Member
    Nothing SciFi related of recent, but I've been working on some other models for fits and shiggles.
    Okay, here are some things I started years and where I'm working on from time to time. :D
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    yummy
  • CryonicCryonic0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow. Those are all very nice starts :) Love the detail that you've already added to them even though they aren't complete.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Just a little material test
    voysaberbridge3bcomposi.th.jpg
    Trying to work out why the animation won't render after frame 30 till about frame 130 when it's 250 frames long...
    Nightfever: It's almost criminal not to finish such nice work.
    Freak: I'm using Lightwave 10.1. Will be upgrading to 11.
    Dam that is some really great work. I am really loveing that DS9.

@ lennier1: that is a great looking bridge.
    I need to do specular mapping on the hull surface. I did something with this model I am quite excited about. For the paint, I actually drew the paint job in 3D, rendered it in 2D and used the 2D images as the paint on the 3D image. It was much easier than using a paint program and this gave it a good look (better control over anti-aliasing?). Maybe everyone does this.
    94487.png
    Looks great.
    I have done something like that with my textuers.
    I find it eaiser to do it in 3d, then converte into 2d then apply it as a textuer to the model.
    Now that I finally finished the Jellyfish the DS9 is the next item on my "need to be done urgently" list.
    Look forward to seeing it.
  • n4orcern4orcer0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm currently working on a few things. Learning and painting space backdrops in photoshop, My Halo Installation 04 project, The UNSC Longsword, The Banshee and then we have Threshold and Basis for the same Halo project.

I would also want to have the time to learn zBrush, continue work on my Solarsystem renders and planets but my Halo projects takes so much of my time it feels.

First WIP shot of the UNSC Longsword.

longsword-wip0001.jpg
    94581.jpg
    I had an idea for an animation, as I started to work out the details. As with projects you start, the idea changed to something else.
    Anyway I have model some film, and film reel and the film reel canisters.
    At the moment it’s just some ideas I am throwing around, but I do have something in mind for the final imagine. I could still go back with to the original idea, but we will have to see how it all turns out.
    I am happy with how things have turned out so far. But I think the film reel needs to be re-worked.
    I modelled it from memory but after looking at some picture of different film reels, I am a little of the mark. But it would not be to major to make this closer to what a normal film reel looks like.

reel-test-1.png

reel-test-2.png

reel-test-3.png