Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWhat you up to?

• SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    I really like the Arrow and overStates Star Wars models are very cool too. I've been working on updating my Imperial Predator.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Love the Arrow.

Love that SW ship. very different to what in the films. Is it form the extended Vrus? As I don't follow it I would not know.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Oh crap, that Arrow is absolutely stunning ! :thumb: Love the Tie Predator as well, really cool design.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Ive been away from 3D for many years now. I have had a chance to return to this site, and im astounded but the level of work being produced here. I do hope I will be able to return, and learn from those here.

Richard
  • F9thCenturusF9thCenturus331 Posts: 5Member
    I've always admired the work people do on these boards, and I've only ever shared something I did once, and it wasn't complete then. Still not complete now.

Anyway, thought I'd share something again. This is a ship that probably will never get finished, but I thought it was good enough to at least show people.

U.S.S. Resurrection...
    82723.jpg82724.jpg
    ^ Looks like your off to a good start there.
    Thanks for saying so. Ton of people disagreed, always nitpicking one choice after another. That's why I stopped work on it.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    It's all blue, that isn't right! I think you should start over.
    :p
    *smacks Melak with a rubber chicken and turns him into Rosanne Barr's underwear* MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding...*evil grin* But I decided to make it all blue cause it was a little weird looking at it in multicolors for rendering purposes. The last time I worked on this model, I wasn't anywhere near done.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Just saying, don't let people with stupid comments like me make you stop :p
    I agree with Melak.
    Build it the way you want, after all it your model.
    If you have not checked out MKF trek stuff, check it out. he listend to what people say about his ships, they would never get built, and he's built some really nice ships.
    Na, Melak, you didn't say anything bad. I normally smack people with rubber chickens. :-D It's part of my charm. But as for the ship, constantly night and day nitpicks on every decision. Change the design on his, this is too thick, that is too blocky, it doesn't match the way you have this. Day and night, constantly constantly. Couldn't take it. I deleted the WIP thread I had in another forum.

I don't know if I will resume work on it, for several reasons, well, 2. One, my mapping skills aren't very good, and I'd want this baby mapped right, and no available mappers. Two, can't texture. To learn those two skills is gonna take me time. Hell, took me 5 years to make a Connie hull.

So like I said, I may never finish it. But I am glad people here seem to like what little I have shown.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    I was playing around with Sculptris and Blender's MultiRes Tools this morning, and I came up with these.

Insect Demon
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1350&g2_serialNumber=2

Random Creature
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1353&g2_serialNumber=2

Komodo Sheep-Dragon
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1356&g2_serialNumber=2

An alien creature I'm callin an "Exxion Velle"
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1359&g2_serialNumber=2
    I call this one a "Vehract"

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1362&g2_serialNumber=2
    I love how they even have skin texture to them. Sweet.
    @ F9thCenturus: Appreciate it, but that's not texture, those are the meshes themselves. I go so far in sculptris, as far as it will let me, to where the cursor/brush will barely move. Then I have to transfer it to blender and finish it.
    Last one for tonight... Maybe...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1365&g2_serialNumber=2
    Woops!! Double post, sorry.
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    would probably sleep better without seeing those hundred, lol, creepy things
    Hundred wrote: »
    @ F9thCenturus: Appreciate it, but that's not texture, those are the meshes themselves. I go so far in sculptris, as far as it will let me, to where the cursor/brush will barely move. Then I have to transfer it to blender and finish it.

I know it's the mesh itself. I meant texture as in it's not flat. Kinda like the difference between a slab of drywall and a stucco surface. That kind of texture.
    Very cool Stuff Hundred. I have played around with sculptris, it a very cool program, and you can expot what you make into your main 3d apllication.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,281Member
    Saw this sketch a while ago over at TrekBBS and since I once did a model of an earlier revision around 2005 I played around with it again.

This time around I tried to incorporate some ideas like Probert's older sketch for the torpedo launchers or more classic nacelle shapes (although I'm not sure about the latter).

The idea is to make it look like a more primitive testbed for technology later resulted for the movie refit.

tmpyorktownmk21a.th.jpg tmpyorktownmk21d.th.jpg
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Cool stuff guys!

Hundred: Isn't sculptris addictive?! lol
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Saw this sketch a while ago over at TrekBBS and since I once did a model of an earlier revision around 2005 I played around with it again.

This time around I tried to incorporate some ideas like Probert's older sketch for the torpedo launchers or more classic nacelle shapes (although I'm not sure about the latter).

The idea is to make it look like a more primitive testbed for technology later resulted for the movie refit.

tmpyorktownmk21a.th.jpg tmpyorktownmk21d.th.jpg

I like the torpedo bay and the warp engines. I think you should continue. Would love to see how this goes.
  • cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member
    At the moment i working on this. Not really sure what it is as it started out as modeling test, but its leaning towards futuristic Formula 1 space racer craft, instead of fighter. Before any one cries plagarism i want to state that i was studying Daniel Simons Book Cosmic motors (http://www.cosmic-motors.com/) and yes it is very influenced by his style.
    82904.png
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,281Member
    I like the torpedo bay and the warp engines. I think you should continue. Would love to see how this goes.
    Thanks.
    Still not sure whether I should continue with that one but if I do I might as well go the extra mile and add custom versions of the drydock, travel pod, workbees and other stuff too.

tmpdrydock1a.th.jpg tmpdrydock1b.th.jpg tmpdrydock1c.th.jpg
  • NBTrekieNBTrekie331 Posts: 0Member
    I remember that one...
  • M1LabbeM1Labbe0 Posts: 0Member
    Haven't expected that...
    cuya wrote: »
    At the moment i working on this. Not really sure what it is as it started out as modeling test, but its leaning towards futuristic Formula 1 space racer craft, instead of fighter. Before any one cries plagarism i want to state that i was studying Daniel Simons Book Cosmic motors (http://www.cosmic-motors.com/) and yes it is very influenced by his style.

That a nice desgin. I have been meaning to pick up that book.
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    Currently reworking an old design, though right now I'm sorta stuck on where to stick stuff :rolleyes:

Old Design:
    Avenger-Class.gif
    God those nacelles are fugly

Re-Worked design
    th_25.pngth_24-1.png