Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Well they look interesting
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    jepp... interesting... I'm looking forward to see more developments there... This area is so great to go with details that you would have to be careful not to overdo due to Count-Poly ... ;)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    The thing is only 82k right now so I think i have some room left to muck about with >_>
    The max poly count Id like to have for this shipis about 200 to 250k
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Wow! thanks excellent paneling there Mad. :)

Where do you get the parience/motivation from to cut all those oddly shaped panels? :eek: I can barely stand to cut up a small section with simple straight lines!
    Not that tedious cut cut cut bevel cut cut cut bevel etc. lol. Not as annoying as select select detach boolean collapse remove remove (do this 5 to 30 times) inset bevel extrude attach weld. :p
    Some more details on that inpulse area. Im not sure how much "crap" I will addto this area. IE additional geometery beyond panels and insets.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    heh cutting straight lines across the connect command might help there. I used it on those stepped thingies and on the braces to cut in the grooves.
    looks really nice...
    got one -rather- theoretical question...
    Wouldn't it be easier to create one half of the ship, make the details there and the mirror it and merge the two halfs to one full ship?
    thats called the symmetry modifier and it is what is used here it welds the halfs together for you.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    thats called the symmetry modifier and it is what is used here it welds the halfs together for you.

Not always... ;)
    In max it is. No other reason to mirrior half meshes for symmetrical method the OLD way with the symmetry modifier. Cannot tell you the hell it was merging to halfs together manualy when the mesh had open section where a global weld would **** over a mesh.
    more stuff
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    To note the mesh is collapsed right now since its easier to model the details I am doing right now. When its a crapload of stuff running down the centerline its much easier to model it as a whole than a half. In the end its judgement what is modeled as a half or not. Once I start paneling these details Ill return to a symmetery set up.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    mad paneling skills rock :D

great job koi keep on pushing it out:thumb:
    Nice very nice.

those engines looks like they could fly off on there own.
    great thing...
    Thanks for the info...
    I like it a lot..
  • Mr. ExtrudeMr. Extrude0 Posts: 0Member
    wow, amazing work, the klingons really needed some update, the k7 was always one of the best design, this federationship below it in one pic looks great too, one of the most convincing designs ive seen so far, i hope you will give the other klingon designs like the vorcha and the neghvar such a facelift as well ;)
    lol not sure how much trek Ill do after these projects, the other ship in that comparo I think is the USS Onimaru, which can be found on SFM.

The update consists of. . . . not much just some green things and a extrusion and some muck about. I was soso on this untill I was looking at it for posting and decided Id go with it. I spent a hour doing some pencil work to decide what to do for panels on the top and belly. I think the slenderness complaint I had is related to the optical effect of all the horazontal lines. So Im toying with beefing up the wings with some sort of bracing system underneath adding girth and interior volume. Again not 100% sold on the current doodle as of yet so Im not going to post it. But hopefullay the words will give a idea of what Im thinking.
    Without adue here is the sample image. I did other things since the last post but most of it is just panels (the little observation deck thing and some butt plates) or optimisations. Mesh is still about 80k

Attachment not found.

As well there were a few other nice Klingon designs here but have slowly waned off. Funny thinking about it I was working on the original version of this thing this time last year, I remember modeling it on that returned compaq laptop at con. ORZ
    updates might slow some on my prj Im begining a painting project soon, well I have been gearing up for it. All the damned construstion to build some doorskin to paint on and all that lol and 20million layers of gesso ughh, and I wonder why I dont paint much anymore. :D So with that the weather getting better and a pigsty of a house. Updates may slope off a bit. But I said this before andit didnt cause I got lazy but heh by damned I really gotta clean the front room and get the bloody dandalions outta the lawn. Not to mention the shroom farm I got out there. . . :eek:
    Someplates and more form to that cutout, time for bed I thinks :p
    Attachment not found.
    sans a drive housing to show details
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
    oh here the Klingon is a klingon now not a green box, you cannot belive how many frightening images I had to go through to find this. . . . -_- Ill model a proper one later. BTW this image is way to close in. . heh no plans to get this close. As well note the brace bobo Ill get to that later.
    and yes that sensor pallette thing isnt tall enough to stand in thats the idea. Some nasty ass place where you have to crawl around with not much ship above or below one. . :p plot device :roll
    O I got my Klingon. :lol:

Well i love the direction you are taking this.
    I KNEW THAT!!!!!!

Great pictures...
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    :eek!: :eek!:
  • Dann-ODann-O0 Posts: 0Member
    Really looking good. Love the look and the treatment it is getting looking forward to updates.
    :flippy: Attachment not found.:flippy:
    :lol:, is it me or are those Klingons whearing Roumlan clothing?
    "heh, K'rugg, ya know where the access hatch for the secondary flux-generators remains?"

"mehhh......Dunno!"

:lol:
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    Yes *l* I could see a whole caption contest just with that image
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    fantastic work on the ship. Any chance you or anyone could come with some schematics on the ship
  • mcafee2000mcafee20000 Posts: 0Member
    cool work
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool! Vacuum breathing Klingons!!
    Sorry no real updates, been busy with other things of late but here is a treat.
    Attachment not found.
    :D great...
    Looks like General Chang was his ancestor...
    No hair... ;)
    LOL but he missing his "bumps"

your klingon is looking great MFK.
    hmh... right...
    Maybe his ... father? :lol:

"Ya see, Son?! THAT ship I own!" *prideful posing*