Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    lol first attachment is a placeholder for the thread thumbnail. Rest of the files have long met the hell of deleted images. >_>
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I have to second lennier1 totally... It's wonderful to see that beauty redone... Let me ask, as far as I remember, you where already working on the neck linking the bridge module with the engine module...
    What happened to the neck?
    Have totally screwed these changes and redone on the basic form?
  • ZardozZardoz2 Posts: 0Member
    Hey man!. What is the era of this ship ??? If you change the nacel glow from green to yellow, and adds some beams, you ship could look a nice D6 or a design more old that the D7 (perhaps scaling down compared which a D6 or D7, a light cruiser ? )

In all cases, really nice ship!
    Though it shall look like a pre-Nemesis era ship I assume, Zardoz idea would give it a fancy background... :D
    Its covered in the thread, someplace. . . heh its a post nemisis ship following the timeline of all good things. An era when the Klingons have seperated from the feds. The ship itself is about 600 to 700meters and heavily armed. (think most of this info was lost on the site crash)

Guess I should gather up the info and edit the op post.

As for the neck questions Im a bit lost as to what your asking. If its about me tossing the old parts, YES I have done so. Im only keeping the head parts and will edit those into the hull. Instead of going for a solid once object mesh I have taken a diffrent approch to deal with some of the shapes. As well as dealing with the shapes in a more klingonish look, such as wings will not have a continuing one piece flow as the old mesh had. But still keeping similar sleek lines. Time will show if my minds vision pans out or if Ill have to resort to working out form on paper.
    Merged neck, and some lighting ajustments (prolly not visable on these older renders)
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
  • MadKoiFish wrote: »
    lol first attachment is a placeholder for the thread thumbnail. Rest of the files have long met the hell of deleted images. >_>
    k

nice work merging these parts
  • BTW. i would love to know how you do the paneling. Is your base mesh so high res so that you can simply extrude the pannels from the base mesh.
    Its all hand cut. The base mess needs a certian ammount of underlaying form to avoid the dreaded faceting across curved surfaces. Most of the detail stuff is one poly cut up with a minimal of control edges cut in to avoid errors. I had a tut up at one time but the pdf got pulled when my host gave up on me. Working on getting hosting again so I can get the things back up.

the ship in total is only about 30k polies
  • Ah, nice. I can imagine how this works... Keeps the mesh size small and looks good :thumb:
    wow... looking great...

hmh... sad that you abandoned these platings from the neck... They gave the ship a very militaristic, armored look...
    I'd say keep the nacelles as well, because they really match the future and the shape of the ship... They look great...

The ship in comparison is great... Haven't thought about that tremendous size... Only fools would dare to attack that giant...
  • AethernautAethernaut0 Posts: 0Member
    Man, she's a tasty, tasty, ship. I forgot how much I enjoyed watching it develop the first time.
  • 3DTEKO63DTEKO6171 Posts: 12Member
    That is one ship I would not want to :censored: with :lol: Great job!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Wow You back to working on this as well.
    This has to be my fav Trek non fed ship on the site!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Oh sweet! I can't wait to see this one.
    Plating. . . might have to redo some of it later on but time will settle it or not. I haventdecided if the basic form of the wing parts is set yet or not IE if Ill do any stuff ontop or other crap. The torp face will give everyone a good idea what Il be doing to the ship though. Havent decided on what type of window Ill use on this though. hrmmmmm
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    looks great!

Do Klingon ship have window? I can't think I have seen them except on the bridge in TMP
    in TNG era they are all over the ships.
    The TMP era its mostly on the head and the leading flat spot on the central wings.
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see you`re back on this Madfish. Its coming along great...:thumb:
    oh, hell, that's a great one...
    If I could buy a raw shape, I'd ask you to make the final shapes... :thumb:
    Aresius wrote: »
    If I could buy a raw shape, I'd ask you to make the final shapes... :thumb:

Ha? I dont follow? Is this wheel of forune? :p

Ok a day wasted being sick and cutting and modeling to revert the mesh repeatedly and this is all I have at the end of the day for everyone. . . . .
    Attachment not found.
    I orginaly had the whole face double plated but it looked horrible so I think Ill hold here add the fuwa fuwa stuff then window it up and detail things. I still havent found ant TNG era refs to Klingon ship weapons, the distruptors on the TMP era stuff are way too clunky to use now. Thinking of stuffing some sort of altered Phaser strip on it or make some crap up for non projectile weapon IE torps.
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    wonders just how many projects koi is trying to juggle, and where he finds time for the rest of that nasty place we call reality to be sick in, or anything :D glad to see this one back too though
    Ugh the sites going nuts, half loaded pages heh took forever to get the reply field to load. . . maybe Im on a bad route today?

Either way heres some lower plates and whatever else I have done between. I have been mucking about deciding what TNG era disruptors would look like. Hopefully what I have planned will look ok. Looking at misc Klingon weapons lists thers more on the things than the psycial models lead one to belive. . . .
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    Oh yeah only the 3 projects for now though I might be starting 2 more in the near future. I think in the next week i should finnish off the C era ship since it looks to be almost done. Not much I could do to it beyond whats there without going bat**** with decals and junk which one would never see at distance lol. Something to breach in that thread when I post a update there.
    Edit forgot to add I plan to yank that glow dome, I orginaly wanted it elongated like that for some reason but now I look at it the more it screams bad modeling . . . lol so its gonna go to be replaced by a round one or something else.
    No it not just you, I have been having the same problem all day here in the UK
    cool one... looking forward to the next update...

sry for the confusion... I was trying to express that if I ever get such a ship, I'd ask you to give it the details... Because you have a great eye for details...
    Ah I see shape/ship >_>
    Well decided to mess with the impluse engines some, still debating red engines that odd yellow (ENT) or green. . .
    Added rear torps and details on the shuttle bay Really scratching the head at how to treat this area of the ship. Most of the Klingon designs this area is a bit of a "um whatever" treatment. I figure most of my heavy greeble work wil be in here as well as in the recess between the upper impulse engines. Then the belly torp bays for planetcide. I hope to get this under the Balmung's poly count IE maybe 150k I think it mostly dependson how I deal with the windows. I know this THING is going to be a beast to map if I get into it. (though I might cheat)
    Attachment not found.
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking nice. The Klingon text adds to the pictures.
    I would say, leave the impulse red and the warp nacelles green... That's the common colour layout...

Still looks great...
    Will you create an ortho when finished with that fine beast? I really like it...
    More plates and crap. Didnt get much more done since it seems I caught a cold on the other cold. Now its in my lungs and nose. . . ughh So I think this is it for the night. Ztomorrow is sat so I think Ill work on the Balmung, maybe. >_>
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    The black/drk Grey areas I plan to add greebles to IE mess of vents etc, nothing big but enough to create shadows.