Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    White Klingon ships? Can you do that? Oh, I guess you just did. :p
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    well its the old material just over lit. In the last pics you see it darken since I ajusted the lights some. But given the shadow detail I might just have to ajust the materials. I found some segmentation in the spine so Ill have to "ajust" that OHH and just a hint in the chin but thats easy to fix, just select the hoz splines and chamfer, well I hope that will work since the uppermost I cannot do this since those splines now run down the ships length XO

This little detail niche I think will get tossed too. For now Ill leave it a empty box. heh
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Oh yeah dont forget that the material on the ship is just for showing off details, its by no means the final finish ~_~
    I was just joking about the white Klingon ship comment. I love your details. :D
    Oh dont worry just carifying it since Im sure someone would come in saying otherwise. XD

Oh while im here any opinions on changing the pattern of hull plating on the front of the head??? umm lemme run off a sample of the old front for you all.
    granted the old head was missing a entire layer of secondary plating in the sides and front. Damn I like the old spine so much more. guess maybe I should fix that too.
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    I'll let you knbow when its in klingon green (wonders if that's in the giant 128 ct box of crayolas?)
    Awww, what you don't want a nice shade of pink??

Ok, all cheek asaide unfortunetly I am leaning towards the TMP era colours. BUt Ill deal with that when the time comes to ajust the colours. :eek: man that pink is nasty.
    The IKS Pepto Bismol. lol :p
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Man, that panelling must take ages to do... How much time to panelling the head ? I'm really impressed. :)
    I just did the face of the head in what 30min? or less with me rendering out the pinkie thing and prepping dinner, lol. It helps to have things layed out ahead of time. And to plan your wireframe out so you have minimal cutting to do.
    For the alingment of the face panels you see here I used 2 splines with a curve as a template. Then for the vertical lines I used a capped cylinder with a transparent material on it then cut away at a front view with smooth and highlights on and show wire. (helps hide backfacing geometery.) I bevel it by 0.1 height and outer at -0.07 These # will differ on scaling and other crap on your individual mesh. I think Coolhand has a tut on sfm here that sort of explains this. Issue is you cannot add turbosmooth onto this without going about cleaning up the tri and other oddmesh things as well as assigning smoothing groups to the entire mess. REASOn I work so much to finialise the mesh then collapse the stack then panel. Paneling itself will chew up oh more than 50% of the poly count. OLD head mesh was like 90,000polies on its own.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    i remember this bad boy. very cool.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Bloody fine mesh. Hope to see this completed.
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, I can just see the Kling's moving through space in Malibu Barbie's vor'Cha
    XD well they flew about in mint green mami vice paint, so pink isnt that far from it :p
    Well here's another 20min of work. After food. thing I have to figure out what do do with is the chamfers I have on the top and bottom. I dont think leaving them opwn will result in something nice so I will randomly extrude the faces out with a few random cuts to avoid channels matching up. and well thats a screw up there, heh see pic the horz bar in the center isnt suppose to be split up >_< UGHHH ok time to revert lols
    Ok here we go corrected plating.
    Just need upper and lower plates and the neck and its back to where it was roughly. Gotta add the turnsignals and windows and get to working on other parts of it. Going for a short stint of tv to take a break from the pc.
    That's some awesome plating so far. :D
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Model aside, that's a clever avatar you have there- quite imaginative:)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    the Plating is looking excllent. I always love the plating you did on the orignal head.
    which avvie? lol
    if you mean the non moving one thats not really my work. the I think was crawling through a window and I just cut her out from it. The animated ones are gleamed off the anime itself, working on a custom hand drawn animated avvie but the animations tend to drive me bonkers exp when i post like 3 times in a row o_O)))

btw the girls is haruhi I recomend you find trans novels manga or even the anime itself. Quite a good and diffrent show. The tytle I have makes sence if you know the show.

heh maybe we should make a avvie thread to fill in the old stock avvies for ppl or for them to use here?

btw sorry I got busy with a irc convo so not much has changed on the ship. >_<
    Ok I ran a plain white bg of this for refrence while I rebuild plates on the new head. And remembered how much of a pain these upper faced plates were for mesh errors. Either way I ran off one with the regular bG to show where Im headed next on this lol. As well if anyone had ant crits on this layout or not. I remember some disliking the secondary plates etc. Some lines like the curved junk near the spine wont be there but it gives you the gist of it all. I havent the foggiest how I will plate the dome thing without it getting ugly from the artifical faceting that usualy happens on tight curves and round objects with plating.
    bleah I guess I could have rendered these both in the same image ohwell ;p
    Sure, you could've rendered them in the same image, but you didn't. It happens. ;)

The plates look sweet on the old head. I don't know what people had a problem with. I think you should do them that way again. :D
    I have to agree with Evil, the plating on the old head turly rocked!
    nother 20min and here we go. (spent a few min browsing the forums ~_~) I think i am going to devise something for between the upper and side plates. looks a bit funny like it is. As well Im a bit soso on that centermost plate Original I had it split down the central part of the ship. I am begining to see why lol.

only looking at about 69,000faces
    I think it looks friggin' sweet. :D
    Looks fine to me! but I know you are not happy with it and will pull somthing better out of the bag!
    erm delayed update, sorry for nothing last night I just passed out in my chair after dinner. >_<
    So since the server is back i better get to postig these images. Not sure if Im totaly happy with the secondary plates I ajusted the base parts to be thicker (areas closest to the dome thing)
    I like the secondary plates. They're very Klingon-y. :)
    Well here is the results of the chamfered area being extruded, starting to regret chamfering those asreas now >_<
    It all dissapears at distance too. . . heh
    Oh to note I kept rendering those earlier shots with the upper plates having the wrong material on them. I totaly forgot I did that for hiding the faces of the rest of the ship and didnt revert it back to the main hull mats. >_<
    I like the secodary hull plats. As Evil said very klingon.
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks amazing Madkoi. I love how the panel lines reinforce the ships character. Keep it coming...