Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    Here is a render of that dome idea I had. The neck cut in would have a extrusion that would flow around to the back of the dome area. So sensor dome or weapon you pick. Either way any opinions? Dome or extruded hat thing?? :confused:
    Im sorta leaning towards the grey with blue grey texture with coloured plating similar to what I had dome prior. And most likely all dingy and filthy too. :D

either way Im most likely gonna call it quits for tonight. Nothing doing tomorrow cept house chores so maybe Ill get more than a few hours in on it? All really depends how hot itll get tomorrow, have to build a frame for the AC. :rolleyes:
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I'll go with weapons. it Klingon after all :D
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Nice to see this ship. Colour wise: A mixture of TMP & TNG.
  • WolfseyeWolfseye0 Posts: 0Member
    I believe it's the D-7 appearance that I really like about this one. It seems to stretch back to the roots of the Klingon designs, but bringing it to the future.
    Freak wrote:
    I'll go with weapons. it Klingon after all :D
    well either design can lead to weapons being in there. The extruded thing would allow weapons and possibly some sort of "deflector" system. The dome would be just well diffrent lol.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The dome thingy definitely looks great. I'm thinking a pale-medium green like most Klingon designs of the time would be good for the hull color.
  • seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    Definitely the TMP era gray metalic color. Use Star Trek VI as your color reference, not TMP itself, though. ;)
    Well the head is attached the spine detail will have to wait till I collapse the mesh with a iteration of turbosmooth, Again another max issue when you have odd curves meeting itll distort stuff. So the attachment has to wait till I finalise the shapes for detailing >_< sucks but what can one do ~_~
    As a bit of a little extra I bumped the rez on the renders some so the details are a little more well, detailed heh.

Only areas I am not happy with is the top of where the head meets the neck and sorta the side thingies. But I have ideas for some of it. I have just a bit more modeling then I can collapse the mesh then resymm it and start clearing polies then get to the second level of detailing. At some point i have to prep the nacels to be reattached. Though im tempted to cap the holes and rebuild the splines in those and just leave them as seprate objects. (dunno where I got this one object mentality from but meh, :rolleyes: )
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    As always this is turning out nicely, I wasn't sure about the new head, but I'm liking what I see.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    A fantasic thing, no doults...
    I an't wait to find the finished version fly around and kickin' some dishonorable, weak cowards the ass...
  • TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    very nice, you'll Have to K'Ting'A it once you get to the stage
  • VulcanVulcan0 Posts: 0Member
    Mmm... 'Tis a wonderful ship indeed. I like it. :cool:

However, the bussard collectors/ramscoops seem like they belong on a Federation starship, rather than a Klingon vessel.
    Vulcan wrote:
    Mmm... 'Tis a wonderful ship indeed. I like it. :cool:

However, the bussard collectors/ramscoops seem like they belong on a Federation starship, rather than a Klingon vessel.
    its been mentioned before the site went poof, look at any TNG era lingon ship they all have em nuff said.
    Oh have to add, sorry ppl no updates yet been busy dealing with OLD backups that are on cdr. Bloody things dont hold up more than a few years EXP cdrws. Thankfully I have more than 7 rom drives so I can move failed discss to other drives >_< Found some scary as hell 3d things too. Going to see if max 7 will open them later maybe post some treats?? lol scary treats hehe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nice stuff.
    Actually, I should tell something about where the klingon ramscoop-style in the late 24th century comes from:

According to the book: Star Trek: Starship Spotter, page 88 around (I've got a translated version, so it can differ to the american original...), the Klingons have traded several techniques with the Federation.
    One of the techniques the Federation gave was their Bussard-Ramscoop...
    Since this, the later build ships have nacells similiar to the Federal-models.

Imagine the Vor'Cha as shown above, or the Negh'Var and his variations, or the Quh'Legh-class from StarTrek. Starwolfes, a nice lil' comic...
    They all have this new style.
    I don't know, on the one hand, I like it, as it represents the friendship between the Federation and the Klingon, and that the Klingons also accept that they can learn from others. Except for this, it#s not that big different to the D7- class or the K'Tinga-class, they also had already quite Federation-like ramscoops...
    (in fact an internet page tells, that the technology of this ramscoops was stolen from a captured Starfleet-ship by a Klingon boarding party about 15 years before the Khitomer- Peace)

But on the other side, I don't like it, as the Klingon style of the B'Rel, K'Vor'Cha, ChuQ'Eh and Que'Ral classes get more and more lost, and i wonder, that the Klingons lose their so 'ancient' way of design and style such fast...

Anyway, I think, it's a common and it was foreseeable as a closer alliance between two different empires always causes a dramatical change in the design ways of the two empires. Also the Federation changes their style a bit...

The pulse phasers found on the Defiant-class are based on the Klingon disruptors...
    So with the cloaking device on the Ares- and Falkirk-class...

But I don't want to be the one who is playing Mr. Smart Ass...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    nice, keep it up m8
    Aresius wrote:
    Actually, I should tell something about where the klingon ramscoop-style in the late 24th century comes from:

According to the book: Star Trek: Starship Spotter, page 88 around (I've got a translated version, so it can differ to the american original...), the Klingons have traded several techniques with the Federation.
    One of the techniques the Federation gave was their Bussard-Ramscoop...
    Since this, the later build ships have nacells similiar to the Federal-models.

Imagine the Vor'Cha as shown above, or the Negh'Var and his variations, or the Quh'Legh-class from StarTrek. Starwolfes, a nice lil' comic...
    They all have this new style.
    I don't know, on the one hand, I like it, as it represents the friendship between the Federation and the Klingon, and that the Klingons also accept that they can learn from others. Except for this, it#s not that big different to the D7- class or the K'Tinga-class, they also had already quite Federation-like ramscoops...
    (in fact an internet page tells, that the technology of this ramscoops was stolen from a captured Starfleet-ship by a Klingon boarding party about 15 years before the Khitomer- Peace)

But on the other side, I don't like it, as the Klingon style of the B'Rel, K'Vor'Cha, ChuQ'Eh and Que'Ral classes get more and more lost, and i wonder, that the Klingons lose their so 'ancient' way of design and style such fast...

Anyway, I think, it's a common and it was foreseeable as a closer alliance between two different empires always causes a dramatical change in the design ways of the two empires. Also the Federation changes their style a bit...

The pulse phasers found on the Defiant-class are based on the Klingon disruptors...
    So with the cloaking device on the Ares- and Falkirk-class...

But I don't want to be the one who is playing Mr. Smart Ass...

lol
    Im just following cannon design scales. So on that Im still within the "guidelines" XD
    The last line opens up oprions for me to add to this. I can just model pulse phasers all over ~_~, Is this cannon somewhere as in said in show or is it from a tech manual?
    As for over all sesign I thought the TNG ships really took away what the Klingons ahd for stlye., it seemed to clash with the clothing, weapons, and other visual queues we get from buildings and decorations etc. Reason I reached abck towards the D7/Ktinga The BOP was one of the last designs I saw as Klingon, though some of the ENT ships more resembled what I would translate as Klingon. The hard legobrick look of the TNG ships left me cold. As well as that Mint Green colour. * grunt Agthar " Ahh CRAP, The targpits white paint just dumpred into the ships paint, maybe they wont notice" :rolleyes:
    Either way I hope to have some free time to work on this yesterdays work got lost on a system hang, copying old cdrs to the hdd :mad: And autobak wasnt working right that session.
    lol, not more than a few min of redoing what i had yesterday that Im stuck again. . .
    I just dont know what to do with this end of the ship. I just extruded in some of the faces back here to break up that flat line between the engines. Which helped. (yes theres a smoothing error down there) I think the outer edges of the engines need a chamfer to add visual detail but all those flat areas are bugging me. Asin what should be there :confused:
    I dont think I could do any sort of shittle bay between the engines so maybe weapons? EXP since I whittled out shuttle bays in the lower engine areas. I have been toying with making some dort of sendor pod or weapons pond in that flat area infront of the upper inpulse engines. Opinions? comments? ideas?? I think ill render off a shot and dabble in PS for a hour or so and see what comes to mind.

Oh yeah Im looking for rough shape since I cannot add details yet. Well I rather not add details now or else Im stuck arguing with smoothing groups and overly dence poly count) Least not till I collapse and poly drop the mesh. (or whatever the proper term for optimising is) I plan to have greeblish things in there aka a d7 or the newer ships random rectangles on the hull thing here.
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Looking good, butt I still need more, I'm sure you'll get to it in the end.
    Ok sorry I didnt get much done due to getting distracted. Tore the system apart to get my audio stuff working right again. Needed to be able to use headphones again >_< I SOO miss the laptop lol.

Either way this is where I decided to leave it. I wanted to extract some more shapes out but I can do those later. Means less clean up later.

So for the next hour or more Ill be removing unwanted splines from the collapsed mesh. See images to see what I refer to. Red lines show selected splines that are basicly just bloating the poly count and are not adding to the geometery. I have yet to find a way to mesh smooth to add faces to soften curves etc but not add these extra splines to flat faces. SO till something comes along I have to manualy remove these bastages.:mad:
    fun fun fun :rolleyes:

Still accepting suggestions on that butt area.
    Nice impulse engine configuration you've got there.
    Well deciding if one iteration of turbosmooth is enough for a final mesh. Thinking it JUST might be! Guess I should consider how close Ill get to this thing.
    Here are a few renders anyone see segs? Image 3&4 are comparasons of a single step smooth vs what I have now. I only see a slight diffrence in them. and Im not sure if I will get any closer than this. face count
    #1 059184 faces
    #2 118240 faces
    granted #2 would be a bit lower due to clean up later. Im thinking what I have now is just fine.

Removing of extra faces is going pretty fast.
    erm no opinions huh well foo I decided to have a go with the lower poly. :confused: Either way as I said earlier Im still open to changes. Just nothing too drastic. I will not remodel the nacels lol. Ive redoen everything BUT so far. And if I tossed the nacels Im sure there are some here that would throw fits. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hrmm maybe I should toss the nacels. . . . . :p

This render I went back to the area shadows instead of shadowmaps. I just like the way the areas produce nicer shadows. I really would love to get the skylight to cast that shadowed edge to the polies like I see on some renders. Really shows off the details more.

As you can see I extended the spine. Added some details ajusted some things (spine still needs fussing with) I still need to iron out the spine base some where the neck intercets. As well I started paneling the head. I most likely will go about this in the same order I did originaly. Head back in al light detail run then a final detail run over the mesh. BUt we will see I might want to model additional accessories onto the main hull. Time will tell. . .
    This just keep getting better and better! Love the impulse engines. They are look a lot better. I agree with you one the lower poly. Keep up the good work.
    Yup. There's the Klingon Battle Theme again. :D

Awesome. Stupendous. F*n outstanding. Sorry, I didn't realize you were going for opinions earlier. I agree that low poly is awesome. :D
    Well a small update to end the evening or early morning heh.
    Im ajusting some of the plates from the originals. Such as the triangle area Insted of broken up sections I made them all long single sections. CLose up and a distance shot, latter is darnnear impossible to see the plates lol.

Not much else to say huh? >_>

tossed in a few freakish light tracer renders too. heh it went all white, but it sure makes details pop. Not bad in white ~_~
    heh limit 5 attachments ;p
    The white really bring out the detail. even if it is a bit bright! ;)
    I thorugh I was going to get snow blindness for a moment! LOL
    MadKoiFish wrote:
    ...The last line opens up oprions for me to add to this. I can just model pulse phasers all over ~_~, Is this cannon somewhere as in said in show or is it from a tech manual?...

lol...
    Well, even I'm not tally sure, which weapon is now defaults Klingon ship gun...

B'Rel-Class like Disruptors or Vor'Cha/Negh'Var Plasmphasers...

About the canon: Well I found it on the Spaceship Spotter of Star Trek. I have the german version, but I guess, it's only a translated not an overwritten version ;)

Here I have two online hints (scroll down a bit...)

http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Vor'cha_class
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_starships

sadly other sources I've found are only copies of these two...

The other sources I have are book...
    Star Trek: Spaceship Spotter (only telling this fact...)
    Star Trek: Fact Files (telling about a big exchange program between the two races)

The Fact files talk about an exchange program where many technologies where exchanged, for instance the disruptor technology, the Bussard technoligy, the Exocmp technology, the technology of the particle fountain, the advanced cloaking technology that was finally making it's way into the Diefiant's next ships and some more...

I don't think, that Paramount would spend money to tell, why the Klingons suddenly produce Bussard ramscoops, so don't try to find it in a show, rather seek more books ;) ...
    Iuuse is some books are way off cannon. Zto the point of contradiction. So its hard to tell. Reasoon I tend to just follow past design queues vs internet or book. Though I have used those above urls and a few of those books. The spaceship spotter I have never seen localy so I have never had a chance to flip through that.

I should be able to get in at least a few hours in tonight on her