Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Wrap them, they wont look so blocky and will allow the neck to flow much nicer.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Some 40 something views and one reply just after I made a desision.
    BUT I decided to do this span of bits in both ways. As well Dont forget I will be extruding a pattern ontop of these as well. I havent decided if I will do the dual plating as heavily as I had on the older mesh. IE the triangle shaped bits where that one green square is. Might not get its second extrusion. I am though debating if I shouldnt add a bevel to the plates. I doubt I would get this close on shots and IT definetly woudnt be seen on any distance shots just these narrow view shots would it be noticeable.
    To note I have to recut all this anyhow Since I was goinf from a side view forgetting these are pretty steep and should be viewed from the top instead so you can note the further plates have some large chunks cut in instead of the harrw details >_<
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Ok here are a few passes of it with ajoined halfway panels.What Ill do is do a second layer of plates on the outer edges to detail that area up. I have to figure out what that bit sticking out the side is and what it does lol.
    Attachment not found.
    ((edit)) ok I didnt mean to delete ALL The pics. Just the old ones.
    Ok possibly last changes for the night. Got the urge for some pencil work right now.

Attachment not found. Attachment not found.

SO these samples here show the entire sweep those panels cover. As you can see Im tightening them up some compared to the original mesh. Lots of rework had to be done tonight lol, I got carried away cutting with a even spacing that I forgot I wanted the wing details to flow across these areas so i had to undo it all and restart. The samples show the current state with the PROPER angles cut in. And proper heights beveled in as well.

As you can see I totaly forgot to do that trench. that that greeble pit is in As seen in image 7528. I had planned to add that feature but Now that I forgot and am looking at the mesh I am not sure If I want to undo or attempt to cut it into the mesh.

Im not sure what I will do with that trench running the length of the ship, keep it smooth with simple plates or to add greeble sections etc. Currently I was thinking about making that hole in the back of the head a airlock and to use the trench as a inspection path with access points for exterior stuff.

I forgot how much I hated cutting these panels :flippy:
  • PhilArtPhilArt172 Posts: 22Member
    I like the idea of a path for walking on the exterior.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I don't like that new look...
    the older one ('image 7528') looks far better, as it fit'S far better to the later Klingon vessels, like Vor'Cha and Negh'Var...

And I wonder, if the second image has the right scale...
    The wing-pylons are far too bowed and look totally different from the first image and other images...
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    I liked the neck in image "7528" too. Only cause it looks better armoured. Such a slender neck would be a weak spot, so additional plating would be a good idea... Not that energy shields wouldn`t take care of that, but its just my oppinion...
    Right, Malice...
    The platings were the primary thing, why the older version was so great...

and because of the shields/armor.
    Well, I think if a fighter or a small ship like the Defiant comes etremely close, about 5 or 10 meters over the hull, only the lower-power hull-shielding would prevent shoots onto the hull itself, but these low-power shields are just as said...
    very low powered... A torpedo would crush them anyway...
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    I know you're a perfeccionist so, I know you'll do that greeble showed in the "7528" pic. :D ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    i like the first design,its an awesome ship.

(turns green with envy):D
    MAdiKoiFish, I guess I speak for many person:

Please redesign your Klingon Ship and return to the older design...
    It's looks better...
    How about I just not and you ppl can make one. I am sick and tired of explaining WHY I dropped the old design. SO I will drop this mesh totaly.
    LOL, Pleeazze dont do that... I totally revoke my previous comment. CARRY ON WITH WHAT YOU WERE DOING!!! :flippy:
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    This ship is just fine the way it is. Your vision is yours to do with what you want.
    Unless they want to start paying you to make all the changes under the sun that is!
    The only thing I don't like in this thread is your decision to turf it.:)
  • Nice job, guys! He's even gone back and pulled out his previous pics...:(
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Damn fine work gone the way of the dodo. Shame.
    LOL, well Madkoi is sorta renown for this. A serial mesh turfer if I`ve ever seen one.:D I do think your Mad-koifish to give up on this one. It would be a crying shame...:( Then again it was a crying shame about the last 10 meshes you heaved.:mad: Please keep going...:confused:
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    MadKoiFish wrote:
    How about I just not any you ppl can make one. I am sick and tired of explaining WHY I dropped the old design. SO I will drop this mesh totaly.

Dude, don't make your art subject to what any of us say. If you disagree with feedback, do what you want. It's your baby.

And if people don't like it, the only response is...:flippy:
    I only dumped one so far, It was another trek mesh go fig. If this counts as being renouned then so be it.

The images are gone because I need the space, and there is no point in wasting sfm server or my allocation of server on images to a dead WIP. This was going to happen anyway.

The overall shape has been this way for over 3 months. I am not reverting to a 4mo old mesh that has shitloads of mesh issues and design at this stage.

snip of lame arguments
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    MadKoiFish wrote:
    How about I just not and you ppl can make one. I am sick and tired of explaining WHY I dropped the old design. SO I will drop this mesh totaly.

This is your design Madkoi. Do what you feel that is right. About the old design, I wasn't asking you to keep it. I was talking about the plates, as you pointed here: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/41163-post1.html.
    Don't drop this wip just cause the negative feedback at some points.;)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I agree. You should not drop this meshes. You have done a great job on it. How cares if some people don’t like what you have done. In the end it’s your design and ship. Keep going with it. You have some fan’s that love the work you have done on this. Keep going!
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    NOT A BUMP.....have you completed this? I see you started something federation [lookin good btw]
  • RamielRamiel336 Posts: 0Member
    Honestly the new version (I've just noticed this new version, sorry:shiner: )
    Looks WAAAAY better than the first one (it's more "personal" and intriguing), very sleek and detailed... And I think I'm a fan of your style...:D
    Oh god just as I thought this thing DIED! :flippy: :flippy:
    no it is sitting just as it was in those last posts. I plan on getting back to this but another prj other than the current one ate up some of the break time I set aside to this ship. Here are a few renders with a ajusted lighting rig.

I have considered rebuilding this thing for the third time as well, I am not happy with the belly parts and a few things i did with the nacels bother me as well. EXP at this stage where I do thing MUCH diffrently than I had in the past. But who knows. My current project has slowed due to the system I have being a slug. Hard to be motovated to work on a prj when your waiting for the system or its lurching on you as you attempt to move verts. :o

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    2 angle shots and a set of comparos I never posted.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

btw thanks for the compliments
    okay...
    I like the impulse outlets of the right ship in the lowest (reminds me somehow to the B'Rel, dunno why), the hull platings of the left one are very klingonic and the nacelles are best just as they are now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Last pics are exelent, good "MadKoiFish".
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    There is nothing about this ship I don't like.. except that I didn't make it... :)
    OMG a update!! again a new start in a way. Im trying to solve some porportion issues and form issues with this version the old one was good but sadly I was lacking in face count in a few areas that I either had to live with or had to rebuild because of. SOO since I had to adress these issues I decided Ill deal with a few other smaller ones while I was at it. The nacels are slated to be rebuilt the head will stay and some how get worked into the new neck. I returned to work on this mostly beause Im doing other things with the pc while I model. bit sharp all over but that will change a bit as stuff details out.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,284Member
    Nice. Glad you haven´t given up on it.
  • Can remember the old version, might have missed it, but the new body looks very nice.

EDIT: That's very weird... I can see the very first attachment in this thread, but not the ones you presented before the latest update...