Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• seanrseanr1149 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 608Member
    I love that detailing - looks like the detailing on the STVI:TUC Kronos One battlecruiser, which I absolutely loved. Add just a little bit of thin pipes and such like that one had and it'll be perfect. I really hope you'll use those same colors too (cream with highlights of purplish red, and copper details).
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9841 Posts: 5,334Member
    yes we will prolly have those "lunchers" back.
    As for the pipes there might be some but not like the quonos since I want to keep the poly count down on this one. IE sub 100k if possible sitting at 61k right now. Who knows though. Colours Im not sure on yet I had a greyish base with shades of a bluish red, dark purple greyish dark blues etc. Anyonewhom has old wip images will have seen the colours. But Im not locked into any in the end. Everything right now is just coloured to define what will be diffrent colours. >_>
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    for some reason I am thinking 3 disruptor thingies, not two... just the thought that pops into my head when I see it :thumb:

[edit]
    or possibly two, but spaced apart to the outside of the dome instead of right next to each other... I forget what the scale of this is?
    outside the dome?? ha? lol I think oyur seeing some "thingies" as the disruptors? IE the orange things on the leading edge of the head.

Anyhoo I didnt like the old ones dont like these new ones much either but they look better. . . changed the sensor thingy on the bottom too. Ended up merging it in so I could do greebles easier.
    Attachment not found.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Fine to the this sweetie still alive and kickin'...

Looks pretty nice, but one little question: What's that black stripe running across the lower section?
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Looks pretty good... I like that paneling..
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice MFK. It looks like a great improvement.

Question, once you finished this and the TNG era ship, will you be doing a pic of all of them and the ENT-C era ship together?
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    ^Yeah, a nice space battle sounds good...:)
    Legacy design queue. . . its basicly the same strip of black seen on the D7 or whatever its called. Itll have windows and junk in it.
    Hrmm dunno if the Balmung would ever see service in the KSS timeline but shrug. There will prolly be Onimaru vs KSS in the future, if I dont kill the pc in the process. >_>
    Either way some "stuff"
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Oh fishy... Oh fishy, fishy...

You're making me all hot and bothered here. This is inspiring work really.
  • NebulaNebula342 MichiganPosts: 43Member
    WOW looking great :D

oh and hello Scotchy! neb here from BCC/BCU
    mui bueno!!!!!
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work, mate! Keep that **** up! :D
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Hrmm dunno if the Balmung would ever see service in the KSS timeline but shrug.
    You can always use the old temporal anomaly scenario. Seems to work fine in the ST universe...:lol:

Nice work on the underside there Madfish. I particularly like the little inset detail at the rear of the dome, underside. Any idea what that section will be used for? I`m not sure the black D7 stripe thing is fully working for me. Maybe with some lit window boxes in there I`d change my mind, dunno.
    If your refering to the area thats inset with the green box floating infront thats a shuttle bay. A very small shuttle bay the green box represents a 7ft klingon. (or whatever a klingons avg height is :p) Its mostly for Officer depature etc. Maybe It will have some sort of special recon shuttle or its just the cargo hold for the Officers targ farm? Keep the food close at hand? The black bar hopefulay will work out in the end since it is something I cannot undo now. Unless I toss all the work on the belly as far back as before the torp launcers went in.
    ^Ah cool, a shuttle bay. Or targ farm, whatever works.:D

Point taken on the black bar. I`m sure it`ll turn out fine...:thumb:
    A green box, not a Klingon in a space suit?

Loving the deatil you are putting into this. I like the black bar, but I am sure you can inprove it even more.
    Looks fantastic.

You keep going like this, we're going to have to revive the Insane Detail Club.
    Klingons would be proud to have such a wonderful ship...
    yes, a GREEN BOX. . lol I thought of modeling some fat klingon for ref but well heh. A box will do.
    Anyhoo the update isnt some grand thing just more details. Im not 100% on the rear chin panels. The long swooping ones but Im sorta comitted to them since I really dont want to spend time redoing everything else after those orz
    Attachment not found.
    Thing that gets me is as I unhide the rest of the ship and look at views. The slenderness of the design is starting to annoy me. For a heavy ship its a bit too sleek and thin in places. Even though the girth makes the thin areas ok the overall feel is of a thin ship though. BUT Im a bit far along and well I doubt anyone would want to stomach yet another rebuild. What the 5th of this thing? lol I prolly couldnt my self.
    I like that rear area, it goes with the rest of the ship.

As for the thinness, it may look thin, but If I remember currently form when you posted a pic of this next to the Ent-D, the thinness bit was larger than the Ent-D main shuttle bay. Which is very wide, not really a problem, if you take into account the armour the Klingons would but on this.
    looks wonderful...

hehe... I imagine you when modeling some Klingon bodies that you would even make teeth... ;)
    If you think it's too slender, I'd suggest simply reducing the length of the neck a bit. Somewhere between half and three quarters of the current length should do the trick. You also might make the neck a little less blended into the wings. Whatever you do, I'd highly recommend doing some thumbnail sketches first.
    I wouldn`t worry about sleekness issues either. Considering they`re probably ortho views you`re talking about. It looks very powerful from most perspective view points.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Hummmm... I can't see a problem about to be sleek and thin in some places. Thin and sleek make it appears to be a fast ship, not only powerfull. If you make her more blocky, it will give the impression of powerfull, but not so fast. I see it as an evolution of klingon technology after the peace between federation and klingon empire, maybe a result of some cooperation. ;)
    lol the premisof this design is the Klingons havebroken from the Federation and returned to raiding other systems. Hence a Strike ship. Its is a first strike ship to go in and take on entire fleets before the main fleet arrives.

Most of my issues with the shapes right now are low 3/4 rear views. Something it seems most Klingon shapes go all whacky at.(canon) I wont worry too much about such fornow Ill just beef up things where I can. The one thing that I was a bit bent over is most of not all of the ship are collapsed subd so Id have to toss out almost all of the ship to make major changes.

One though is should I continue with the fanboy ideals of a crapload of torps? Or even stick with the original premis for this ship? Or should I cut back and make this a more realistic design? IE not as limited in weapons as fedships are but More akin to other Klingon or Romulan ships. I know that reman thing was a bit over the top for many.
    I should have some updates by monday what has changed so far isnt enough to justify a update.
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    Well, realistically, you only have so much room aboard for torpedo storage to begin with, more torpedo tubes means you blow your load faster :D

but this is really starting to com to life koi, can't wait to see how you color a texture it
    Well one DOES have some 700 to 800 meters of ship to put it all in. :p
    As well the housings could be materialised via a Matterreplicator from raw matter thus being a economy of space.
    >_>
    I'll prolly work on this prj tomorrow, unless the weather holds then Ill be dealing with some plywood and grass. . . . heh
    Some brace thingies.
    Attachment not found.
    yeah I know 5 min of work :p
    Too busy laughing at Nodame than modeling. . . but I SAID I'd post something. . . .