Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    :rolleyes: so all you can do is pick on my poor bald klink. T_T
    lol
    Its I havent modeled the hair etc. Plan is to release the figure as a base model with hair etc than can be added. As well as texture packs etc. I hope to do is make him avalible to everyone (max7 or later) and Allow people to change his maps or accessories BUT if changes are made they have to release the packs (texture mesh etc) on SFM for others to use. I dunno how far I will take this and how much I will follow through with diffrent body types sex or poly depth. Right now the git is only 700 or so polies. Quite light and has some movement issues (joints not doing the best jobs at folding etc. NOTHING major)

ANYHOO the mesh not much of late, just more plates. I keep messing with this observation deck and cannot come up with anything I really like so most of my modeling time has been wasted on it. (yes I doodle stuff but it just doesnt translate in the end. Or a model it and decide Id rather do otherwise heh
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Next few weeks. . . I might be taking a break from any major works As said earlier I have some "psycial" art to work on as well as I would like to rewrite some of the tuts as well as get others up on the http.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That a great idea MFK, shame I don't have MAX, but then I would no where to start if I did.

Love the hull panels you are doing. I can't seem to get it to work right on my own ship. :(
    From what Im learning blender might not have the tools to cut the faces as I show in that TUT. But there I am sure is a way to get around that. I havent had much time in blender so I cannot say for sure.
    As for the Figure I hope to have him exported to other apps. I have blender and milkshape here so I should at least be able to supply some sort of importable formats in the end. Not sure if itll be rigged etc unless someone else steps in for that.

More hull crap.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    Yar the Tut does not really apply to Blender. but I did find one for it, But I am still having problem. I just have to keep trying.

If you do the klingon so he/she could be other app would be great. Hmm with all the help you give on this borad, maybe someone should put your name forward for the Outstanding Members award?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Impressive...
    Looking forward to see more soon... About your 'physical arts'-process: Good luck...
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    You've made Klingons cool again. :D
    Something to have a few of you moaning. . . lol
    New one is only 1k pol vs the 8k of the old ones. So that alone is justification. Not to mention some rough curves and sloppy modeling.
    Attachment not found.
    Looks great.

BTW, your avatar is evil, how could you do that to a little fish. :lol:
    heh fast fish :p I just wanted to see how speedy he was, heh WAS. . .
    The image was something related to a game called Touhou. The person on the blender is Yuyuko. I think she is suppose to be a ghost, apparently she torments things. . . . Im not a huge fan of it so Im not 100% sure I got thingsright what I know are mostly from Dojin works based of the game. (not erodojin) I just crapped myself when I saw the original image and had to use it. :devil: :devil:
    (for this to make sence one has to relise at the time it was a girl with a goldfish in a blender)
    I sorta blew the poly count with the vanes but eh. . Ill prolly half it by yanking off all the detail on the backsides.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    It was kind of nice to settle down to do some modeling, most of the time lately is running around or fixing jacked up pcs. >_< Still need to scrounge some cash for a replacement psu for this aging AMD XP based box. Seems all the "issues" it had IW usb lockups not wanting to boot with video etc were psu related. -_-;' its the second to newest psu too GRRR And its on the crappiest pc as well, well closeto crappiest. :p
    Anyhoo enough of my wailing and enjoy the updates as little as they are.

oh ywah should have standalone dsl soon IE real dsl not that ADSL crap. whoopie (like anyone cares about that huh :flippy: ) Though that means updating my website and tuts would happen more often :runs:
    Looks great MFK.

That good to hear that your getting an upgrade. at least you be cut off like your where before!
  • Toragh1Toragh1331 Posts: 0Member
    This looks awesome. It's good to see the Klingons getting a new ship for once
    hmh...
    Strage with this yellow start...

I'd say, make a mix, because the yellow is too non-klingon... Looks rather like Cardassian...
    I'd say the following:
    Take the Bussard and the impulse-like thingy from the upper one and fit it into the shape of the lower one...
    That would look better...
    uh what the hell are you talking about?
    I am just rebuilding the nacel. Only minor changes will be made since it has been voiced that none should be made.
    well...
    I see that you rebuild the nacelle... But this yellow thingy as Bussard-collector is just ... argh...
    Can't describe, it just looks wrong...
    . . . your looking at the damned collection face not the grills. And second thats the OLD nacel as ref to the new rebuild.
    The undergrill is yellow so that you see some shape behind the grill itself. . . .
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    he he.. love the update Koi, and i've also made use of ur tut's... well as close as maya would alow :(.....
    heh that you point out the tuts intrigues me to why my sig isnt showing up. . . . . is sfm instagating a no url policy now? or no vb script? or more intresting that its showing on this post but not my others lawl

btw most of the poly stuff should be doable in maya, if my memory of that app serves, its just materials and other things like the symmerty etc but basic poly edits Extrude chamfer and cut should be in maya.
    ^ I don't think so, the links are still in my sing.
    hrmm maybe this pc is haunted.
    ohwell I should have some updates to this by the end of next week. Busy reworking parts of the onimaru.

THIS PROJECT IS ON HOLD PENDING DROPPING. PLEASE DO NOT NECRO THE THREAD. CLEARING MY PALLETTE FOR OTHER WORKS IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND A HALF FOR THIS ONE AND ITS TIME I GIVE IT UP.
    wired!
    Spent most of the day learning new materials and getting this thing reset up and rigged for Mental Ray. I also rebuilt everything in subdiv then reverted to the old parts in a effort to save them. You can see these issues in some of these renders.
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! Fantastic model. :thumb::thumb: Will there be windows, service doors, docking ports and other portholes, other than what you presented? I may be asking too soon. How far are you from completion and are making any skins for it?
    Id say I'm only about 33% done, this is using old objects, rebuilding the crew decks atm.
    There will be windows n the head area and some scattered around the main hull (some) Since the thing is some 800meters long.

As for skins, I don't know what your refering to. If it is textures I will only have a rough hull one (uvwing this thing would be a nightmare.) And I often do my decals in polygons.

Attached are the beginnings of the new head wedge. I have already gotten the lounge windows and interior in. (might need to adjust the size some and lighting in there. (walls seem to get light but the Klingon inside doesn't.) You can see some of those smoothing errors, It is just a process of render by render and cutting edges to control the smoothing. THANKFULLY that face only curves in one direction!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    She's still looking great, and I look forward to seeing more of her :D
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    Maybe this was already said (if so, then excuse my ignorance. 30 pages of thread is tl;dr for me), but this looks like a great match for the XI Enterprise, especially when you consider that the D-7 was, line-for-line, designed in/by the same aesthetic eye as the Enterprise for the original series (Romulan BoP too, really). Keep it up.
    It is a mesh not touched since April 2007 so no it hasn't been said in the last page or so since I started this prj back up.
    This however as said (I think) in the OP a far future design post TNG/Nemesis.
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, I noticed the timestamp on the first post. It's uncanny, though. Like if Matt Jeffries was still around and turning out sketches like he did in the old days, I could see this right next to the "JJprise".
    Got lazy cloned off the old upper plating since it wasn't affected. Got clean up to do on it and tests to see if just having it sitting there works lol. Ill probably merge it in being as I,m anal about this crap.
    Ok quickly welded the old bottom on, having half the polies in the curves is annoying. HAH but dinner is interfering now so I will have to approach the smoothing up of the join.
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 336Member
    Well as usual MKF, great design! Very aggressive styling.:thumb:

Scott