Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Good to see you back on the sweet beast.

It's comming along wonderfully.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Ok almost done with all the repairs, Just the second layer of plating to restore and the gold bits, might do something different with that. Then it is on to main hull clean up and belly plating and wings. I need to also look at placements for weapons systems as well as a possible throwback to some sort of turret. Hull colour I think will become a dirty gray with hints of that burgundy and a deep gray blue, similar to the ship seen in st6. and yeah I know about the mesh error on that spine part, I dunno wtf, I could swear I fixed it like 2 yrs ago. OTL
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Sweetness. Makes me wish to serve aboard it.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    for a moment I thought someone had made a really big necropost. I forgot about this ship, looks good.
    Updates will probably be small today/evening/night otl As I am slowly cleaning off dumb edges used prior to knowing about hidden line editing. Went from about 160k to 130k so far and this includes junk objects all over. Attached images show the "comms" control room, I think that is what it is. Modeled a interior and junk and corrected some paneling on it and that large tower in the foreground. Ignore the "chrome" hull panel PLOX. Some how it was assigned chrome, though it looks more like mirror than chrome.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann634 Posts: 1,289Member
    I really dig this ship design, especially the white hull, I know it's not canon for Klingons (and you'll probably change it) but it really lets the details stand out.

Chris
  • You know, this would make a great JJ-verse Klingon ship...it has that same 50s sweeping line thing as the new Enterprise...
  • the Animaniacthe Animaniac180 Posts: 138Member
    I think JJ has Hacked MKFA’s Computer and has stolen the Design (just Kidding :devil: ) Great Work so far:thumb:.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    ItA’s a GREAT news to see this beast is back in town. :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Gald to you working on this again. :thumb:
    Some new hull plating. This ships timeline falls about 20 years after Nemesis, and was designed and penned back in 2006 so it has nothing to do with "JJ" trek xi trek etc, I do want to get some refs of those klinks in the kobayashi test.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice panels Mate. :thumb:
    A dome thingy, and a feature that might irk some "the dining hall" It spans the width of that area. I also off and on am using the "round edges" feature in MR Arch mats. Seems to be a subtle and lazy way to get those highlights without the chamfering. Not sure on the results and render time hit.

DERP forgot to attach the images !!!!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    love the dome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    [Keanu] Woah! [/Keanu]
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    You do please Kahless and the rest of the Klingon's very well pleased. HIGH HONOR TO YOU!!!! MAY YOUR FAMILY HAVE MUCH GLORY IN THE KLINGON EMPIRE!!!!!

Good work and good job fish.
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    FISH,

This may well be the most incredible Klingon design EVER! Some of those larger ships (Neg'Var, Vor'Cha) were just a joke to look at.

This looks VERY believable/natural (in the Trek'verse). Please finish this one!!! Don't get sidetracked on another awesome design of yours.

Too bad all the "current" (post 1701-E) Trek movies are now dead. This Vessel would have been absolutely perfect for that ! Maybe they can expedite the current franchise to fit your design in! One can wish, right!

Again, this is a spectacular and hands down the BEST Klingon design next to the K'Tinga!!!! EVER!!!!
    AND, . . . . wait for it MORE PLATING!
    Hmm, perhaps you are overdoing the "jigsaw puzzle"-look of the plating on the top of the dome a bit? My only nit...
    Na, thinking how big that ship is supposed to be, the Klingons surely would add such a plating even there.
    Nice work.
    My objection was not that there was plating there - but to the shapes of the plates. (puzzle pieces that are all unique)
    Whole idea of the project is to avoid the cookie cutter look. The symmetrical patterns etc. I have redone that area since I lost scale when working on it. (too many small pieces. I might redo the surrounding patterns again, I made them half height and not sure I like it. Most of it disappears into MR's oddball AA. (mental ray hates panels, often it just AA's away into the hull) The dark gray area I'm stuck on ATM windows will go here and probably things like cooling vanes etc, but I did want to have a ring of differing colour on the dome somewhere. OH yeah there is a blank on the upper area to that will be some sensor doodad I forgot to change the material on it.
    ^,_,^
    Cookie Cutter? That's a cute name for a symmetrical layout.

Well, nice work though.
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    I hope I haven't given you a raw nerve about the design, MadKoiFish. I was just seeing a (coincidental) similarity in the lines. If it's supposed to be a c.2400 Klingon ship, then that's what it is.
    Some small updates and I stuck on a AO shader into the FG slot (makes for a dirty ao) Which boosts visibility on panels. Not sure how accurate it is though.
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Fish.. This Klingon ship is looking cool. I say you are doing a good job on this ship and keep up the good work on her. :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    The evolving plates on top are very interesting, but the klingons will kill you cause the pink... :D:D
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Starship wrote: »
    The evolving plates on top are very interesting, but the klingons will kill you cause the pink... :D:D
    Only gays and Real Men™ can wear pink with dignity. Obviously Klingons are Real Men™, and won't be bothered by it :D
  • cobywancobywan171 Posts: 0Member
    Klingon blood is pink. As per ST:VI anyway.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Wow, this is looking awesome.