Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    W/E bad habit from UK artists I know **What Ever
    FG Final Gather
    GI General Illumination
    these two probably only mean something to those in max or maya using Mental Ray
    fff ~ F U C K
    on is suppose to be "OH" typo.

and AO is Ambient Occlusion
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Well I think the AO material is better suited for controling the AO itself (you can use it as a mixing material so you can set it to overlay the textures etc and the one that's a part of arch&design (I think that's the one you're reffering to) is just to enable it without messing around too much. Anyway the renders look really nice. Making panels like this is always troublesome but you got them just right.
    The ao mat is a fake shader, vs the arch design one which is suppose to be "real" I have not looked much into it, but the results with the shader are really poor in real world effects, it is like comparing shadow maps to raytraced shadows. I just found it one day and messed about read up a tiny bit and moved on.
    It is also where I get those artifacts from. If you really look carefully in some of the curved faces you see each faced outlined in "dirt" Thus creating a sort of faceted look to things. Either way. . . . .the shader thing helps fake out those panels so everyone can see them for now! :D It is great for that 1930~40s look too. Bit of noise with it and it makes great filth without making texture maps.

Less trouble more annoying. EXP since max2010 loaths cutting side profile. I have to tweak the left/right view a bit to cut anything on the profile of the mesh. Even then I get non connecting verts doubled edges etc when cutting. This has been a issue with like every other max release. Its is like that old theory on odd numbered trek films. Just scratch my head and move on after a few choice four letter expletives. :O
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    This would look nice flying next to the Connie with the squared off hull. Having a plated look for something with lines that are overall quite fluid--that is what makes for good ships. I love this design.
    Dunno what your talking about but this ship design is some 100~120 years post of the Connie.

Neck's first plating layer and some smaller details. Some ways I debate how much I should gunk it up with more layers. But I think if I keep it as more of a design element than a true second level of plating it'll work out and still keep it fairly clean. And yeah plz ignore the mesh error.
    kssv6044.jpg
    kssv6045.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I suppose that door on the neck is either an escape hatch of some sort or a docking thing, sort of like what the Conni has near the bridge. I like this ship, it feels more like of what post Nemesis looks like, more than that STO s#*%.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    In the first pic, the person looks oh, so sad. "Locked out, AGAIN?!" :lol:

That hatch and person gives serious power to the overall size of this beast. You said it was nearly as long as the Sovereign, right?

Although looking at it, I can't see how a shuttle or anything else would dock with it, unless it curved in from overhead or something. Is this just an exterior access point? If so, those doors seem unusually large for such a thing. Still, looking fantastic as usual. I really like the color scheme with this one. When you texture it, are you planning on going with the traditional dark greens utilized by other Klingon vessels, or will you leave it this shade? Please say the latter, as it looks so much more real like this. Dark green would kinda ruin the subtlety of the panels.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sweet job as always. Love the airlock at the back of the "head".
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    I like this ship, it feels more like of what post Nemesis looks like, more than that STO s#*%.
    I take it you hate that MMO as well.

As to the ship, it kinda looks like what the Klingon ships would look like after they join the federation. But thats more of a prescription based on its untextured appearance, then its form.
    It is just a inspection hatch and access hatch for machinery. So say they need to access a sensor cluster or repair some plating they can haul it out of that door way. Klingons seem to be more hands on, I would see them suit out to wrestle a panel in place over hopping into a workbee like device to do what they could do with magboots and some hand tools.

Well smallish update, again got started doing other things instead of modeling. Other image is for scale, she is a bit larger than the old version and a bit bigger than the SOV Volume is quite a bit more 51m vs 33m of the sov.(2714ft vs 2247ft) I dumped a plain mat on Paul's SOV cause the mats were all wonk. (something went tits up.)

oops hah got distracted reading something while the last render cooked away. fff
    kssv6046.jpg
    kssv6048.jpg

Colour will likely drab out again, think of the Kronos1 Quo'nos or however you plan to spell it. ruddy reds grays filthy yellows wine purple so on. I might keep the green I don't know yet.
    Uh ok with the sov scaled to the right length, this cap shows something off. . . My 6.5ft klingon is looking a bit TOO tall. Not by much I think but enough that I started questioning the renders I posted above. (looking at the sov bridge module) So Im thinking maybe the 685meters is a bot wrong?)
    scale001.jpg
    I will keep things as they are for now. and just ignore the bridge module and those D/E decks.
    Now the reason I am still up is this:
    kssclassic001.jpg
    kssclassic002.jpg
    kssclassic003.jpg
    kssclassic004.jpg

This is all like version 2 crap (v1 was short lived lump of polies) cira 2005~06 The colour combos are off but those not green schema is what I am aiming at.
    Bit of a extra while I was digging out old dvdrs
    shuttlekling74.jpg
    I think if you turn that blue on the wings into a dusky blue-gray and turn the purple into a rust-red you'll have a much nicer looking ship. The overall color is pretty darn good, as it reflects the Klingon ships of the past, but lightens and enhances the idea. And . . . a Klingon-Federation shuttle? Okay . . . I really like the design. Not sure about the color scheme for it!;)
    Well none of those colours work well with the olive green on the ship in those renders. Reason I dumped the green in the past. Shuttle, it is just the same green material applied to it. It is all from 2005 2006 so the stuff is long dead. I just posted them to give an idea of the other colours I plan and hint at some of the hull plating styles. Given that all of that old crap was with like max 7 or 6 and all scanline, the new stuff will not be the same since I use Mental Ray now. Thought I think sneaking in a bit of that yellowish bloom on highlights to the main hull colour might be a consideration. Think med gray with that hue. Dunno wont be for a few more weeks before I start looking at that crap.
    IKS_Kronos_One.jpg
    cannot find my HQ images of the model atm so this will have to do
    Ahh! Didn't even collect myself enough to notice that the modeling was different! I knew the rendering was a bit off, but it never occurred to me that this was another model . . . hadn't had my coffee yet. Anyway, it's good that you go with the greyer green now, since it seems to suit that ship much better. Although I would still go with a hint of the colors I suggested earlier, since they would go well with the color you have going for you at this point.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    If my memory serves, I believe the updated KA’tinga had the hull in gray and dark red tones, and I believe this combination can fits well to your cruiser. ;)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Dang that's a huge ship. I love it.

Nice work on the shuttle, looks like the shuttle Picard and Worf used to take down Data gone Klingon.
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    I just love Klingon ships and this is great!
    Yet, more plating. Wondering if I shouldn't undo it and space it to match that lower set of plates.
    kssv6049.jpg
    kssv6050.jpg
    Very nice work MKF.
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    I think the color selection works out well than the olive color of before. I think the plating is fine. It details the section better.
    Like the K'Tinga in your post, I see there is noticeable color variation in the some of the plating. Maybe a textured layer (I know you did not want to do this), or if you find another way, may add more to what you are looking for.
    Images are just examples of where I am going.

Lower plating. UGH odd shapes toward the end are to clear the wing structures etc. I probably could have broken that one triangle like plate up though. meh. Ignore the odd lines those are that AO shader, I cannot be assed atm to mess about with it to stop it from doing that.
    kssv6051.jpg
    kssv6052.jpg
    kssv6053.jpg
    kssv6054.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    Nice
    Very Nice
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I like the head and neck of your earlier version, but the hatch in the current version allows for a long walk 'up-hill" in an EVA. It would make for a dramatic shot of someone walking back to the engineering hull, so there are storytelling possibilities. Having a view of what the ships looks like outside of the hatch looking back and up might be something you would want to do. I can see this design being marketed to gaming companies.

Not since the non-trek ship (War Rocket Ajax) of the 1980 Flash Gordon have I seen a ship that was asking for people to be seen walking about on it.

I can see this ship beneath a station with a ramp dropping down from above, and a point of view shot from the ramp as the ship passes by from beneath.

So while your earlier design seems all very self-enclosed, your design now is functionial and opens up a lot of things for you.
    Wow, that's great. Those details are really nice.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    It's looking awesome. Will you be placing proper weapon detailing all over the ship, as well as sensor pallets, escape pods (Klingon ships do have what look like them), shuttle bay(s), transporter arrays, and docking ports?
    Well I already have a shuttle bay, weapons as it has it just got modeled lifeboats well that was answered a few days ago. Docking ports there is one on the lower dome and one that will open out on the belly. Probably could look to add another. Most everything would be covered not exposed as in fed ships.

That doohickey between the impulse thingy. And a disruptor turret.
    Or the other way around depending how the uploader decides things. :what:

kssv6063.jpg
    kssv6065.jpg
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
    As I said before, love this design, well done!

Scott
    So the second image is a turret?
    Nice work on those things.
    Yes, the original k tinga had what I could find 6 of the things on it. Little turret heads with 2 tubes in a slot. 2 on the head 2 at the base of the neck and 2 on either side of the saddle bags near the central engine room. Probably more on the underside but with what I have for refs it is hard to see.
    turrets.jpg

SO I merged in the custom for each location "strip" like disruptors I had on past versions of this ship for a bidirectional turret. I mean you could say it wont rotate but I figure why not.