Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon Heavy Weapons Platform

• Don't ShootDon't Shoot391 Posts: 117Member
    awesome!
    There's nothing I enjoy more than a good Klingon ship design... brilliant.

One suggestion, the entire ship is very streamlined and futuristic however the nacelles look, how to put it, stuck back in time. If it were me, I would have done a more triangular stretching kind of nacelles - similar to what you see on Dominion fighters, but that's just me :D
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    I had been thinking about the nacelles for a while since they do date back to 2007 and the original design dated to much earlier than that. Images show a set I had knocked together as dummy meshes last week, materials are all temp. The nacelles are just a shape study, I am not sure if they are final objects or design. Oh yeah the bussard glowy bits will not or are not intended to fall back along the nacelles side. They will be inset int he red area and not rake back as far as they do in the samples.

Other updates include multi-directional disruptors (think fed phaser strips) Another observation dome (not sure on this part) collapsed and cleaned up the wings and a mess of little things all over.

And yes, I know about the mesh error in 077 (miss turned hidden edge)
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    The green strips, I guess are the multi-directional disruptors.
    I like that idea.

Looks wonderful.
    Here is a set of images, I thought the nacelles were a bit large. So we have a A B C listing A being original, B being smaller same proportions, C is the smaller with lengthened parts (not re-sized lengthwise but manually lengthened) And a close up of the nacelles as they sit ATM.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    The "C" appears to fit better. ;)
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    ^
    dito. C!
  • Don't ShootDon't Shoot391 Posts: 117Member
    I personally like B but that's just me
  • Capt.HunterCapt.Hunter331 Posts: 71Member
    I like B.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I like the length...hate the middle
    the middle?
    shrug w/e I guess lol
    Ok I went with a mix of B and C.

Here is some details on that inner area. It looks like I will have to sit down and set up the geometry for the warp grids since a plain glow mat seems to be falling apart, visually.
    I'd have said a mix between A and C, but meh, it looks fine that way as well.
    Impressive details.
    A is larger in size. Stretching the aft parts would just emphasize the unbalanced feel that the A nacelles were creating already. Unless you mean just making C a bit larger.
    Here is a render of the current nacelles, minus the fins since I havent attached them to the cloned body.
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Gotta make this quick!

Excillent work so far. Just keep up the good work on this model. :thumb:
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    shrug w/e I guess lol
    Ok I went with a mix of B and C.

Here is some details on that inner area. It looks like I will have to sit down and set up the geometry for the warp grids since a plain glow mat seems to be falling apart, visually.

.....there you go...those plates in the middle of the nacelle give it a more Klingon feel. Please do keep those. I still love the neck of this ship.
    Yes, I meant a prolonged C...
    Heh, what can I say, I'm a fan of long nacelles... :)
    absolutely awesome nacelle. your artwork really inspire my imagination how the klingon warp drive works aka how the set of warp coils will look like....
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I've always wondered why the Klingons didn't come up with something more like the Dominion bug-fighters or the Romulan forward-swept wing design of "bird of prey" or Starfleet's Defiant-Class. The TOS/TMP-era Klingon ships have always bugged me. The pencil neck that screams "shoot here first".
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    I've always wondered ... snip
    No!
    Messing around with the backside of the "wings" vents/heat dissipators etc. I have some tweaking to do still.
    Early neck plating. A few are a little close together, dunno sorta not in the mood to redo crap. Prolly bodge together a few of the plates.
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    I have to say that this really is looking like a kickass design. Sleek and deadly.
    We can only hope that the coming ST movies will have Klingon designs half as good looking as this.
    Did it again, Rendered out some images and forgot to post them. Torps and under plates, from like 7 hours ago. :O
    Here we go some size comparos.
    266meters for the KHWP SOV scaled per EAS size.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Did it again, Rendered out some images and forgot to post them. Torps and under plates, from like 7 hours ago. :O

Eight torp lauches? ThatA’s a war beast!:D
    About the neck plates, I believe they are to much regular. Maybe some assimetry could fits better. ;)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I love those Trop lurnchers
    Wiat.
    You say this beast has 4 double tubed torpedo launchers on the bottom and another double tubed at the bow head?
    That makes 10 tubes only facing front! That beast could take on a Jem'Hadar Battleship (the large ubermonsters) alone and win! :eek!:
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 336Member
    Very sleek beast, MKF!

Neck plates look good to me.

Scott
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah I agree with srspicer - it's an extremely sleek ship , totally different from a typical Klingon work. It goes extremely well with the Sovereign (and other Nemesis-era ships like the Voldore and Scimtar).
    Oh and from a technical point of view it's also awesome, but then again what of your work isn't ? :D
    awesome work! you go step by step further then anybody else, mkf!!