Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise Star Trek 2009

• tobiasrichtertobiasrichter334 Posts: 0Member
    Yep, sorry - but this wonA’t be a release. But I will make very highres orthos, so this will certainly help those whoA’ll try to build her.

Wohoo - page 100! :)
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    That would be fantastic of you tobias, especially considering that Paramount & ILM aren't in any hurry to do so.
  • Jonny BoyJonny Boy1 Posts: 0Member
    Good to hear Tobias. As always, looking forward to the next update!
    It took a bit longer, but as I promised, here is a sheet with the orthos for the Enterprise...

The small version is attached to the post, the bigger versions can be downloaded:

Medsize version - 4096x1725 pixels
    http:
    //www.thelightworks.com/tmp/uss_enterprise_new_ortho_med.rar

BIG version (yes, BIG in capitals :lol:) - 8550x3900 pixels
    http://www.thelightworks.com/tmp/uss_enterprise_new_ortho_big.rar

I hope you like them and maybe find them helpful.

Updated the pics - and put rar-files instead of jpgs for better handling...

Tobias
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Wow, that looks amazing. Almost makes me like the design. :P

Also, question. Are you using a linear workflow(gamma correction) in Maya? It's hard to tell from your renders, which is why I ask.
    Thanks - any yes, all texture color nodes are gamma corrected. I guess itA’s hard to tell because the specular is too bright on the saucer. I might trim that a bit...
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic473 Posts: 663Member
    Well, I meant basically your whole pipeline. Textures are one thing, but there is also proper linear rendering of lights and the render engine itself. There is even a proper way to composite in linear space. It looks like you do at first glance, but I couldn't tell from renders alone, which is why I asked. Great work though. Best fan made creation of the JJprise by far.
  • Jonny BoyJonny Boy1 Posts: 0Member
    Wow... mind-blowing work. Absolutely stunning.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I was only able to open the medium sized image, which looks amazing. I keep getting an error message when I try to open the larger one.
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Wow ... stunning work.
  • japetusjapetus3008 SeattlePosts: 1,407Member
    Great work again Tobias. Can't remember if I asked in the thread, but since your model is available to download now, do you think you would be able to create a 3DS Max version?
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    ^ Did you even read the last page?

Great work, thanks for the orthos should come in handy.
    hal wrote: »
    ^ Did you even read the last page?

Great work, thanks for the orthos should come in handy.

Uh, guess I didn't read the whole page... reading again! :confused:
    Ah, my bad. For some reason I was thinking the Enterprise had been released, not the Kelvin. Will be a great challange for me when I finish up my Ent-B. :)
    Gorgeous orthos Tobias!
  • KazadumKazadum331 Posts: 0Member
    Any recent pics?
    If I had to guess, since Tobias hasn't posted, I'd say no. Tobias is probably hard at work getting his submission for the Ships of the Line calendar ready. When he's through with that, then we'll probably get some new wallpapers. Until then, patience is the best virtue.
  • x2egox2ego0 Posts: 0Member
    The link to the Hi-Res file is no longer working. Any way to get a copy of that file?? Gonna give it a shot modeling this in 3DMax.
    Anyone still have the hi res rotos?
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    FIRST!........to tell you you're necro posting....
    All right, since you are making an obvious point here, I am taking a wild stab and guessing that N-posting is a bad thing. Consider message received and wrist slapped. I hope that satisfies your FIRST! Now, is there a SECOND?
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    If the images aren't working then you can ask Tobias directly via PM. If that doesn't work, make a thread about it in General Discussion - a lot of people who collect images for wallpapers (or it's their fetish) can be found there.
    Necroposting only messes up the first page.
    Thank you. I'll try and PM Tobias.
    x2 - Just PM or email me.

I have an unusual request -
    http://img.trekmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/idw-ston-2-b.jpg
    As some of you may notice, they used an old picture of my Enterprise for that (noticeable by the missing photon torpedo bank). Unfortunately, I have not saved my WIP pictures on that project (and deleted them from this thread to make room for newer attachments) - so I was wondering if any of you have that original picture saved and could send it to me. Please PM or email me if you have it. Thanks a lot!
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb: Just sent it to you :) Cheers!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    I belive i have then at work, if you don't get it from anybody else.. i'll get them for ya monday!!
  • TallguyTallguy354 Posts: 468Member
    Is this one yours too? http://img.trekmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/idw-ston-1-b.jpg

IDW snagged my TOS Enterprise for this cover: http://img.trekmovie.com/images/comics/bok1_cvr_ri.jpg They never responded to me although I was finally able to track down the artist responsible. Please keep us posted on how this turns out.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Got it - thank you all who answered. YouA’re great. IA’ll try to contact them and see what they say. ItA’s the third time this year something like that has happened.

Tallguy - no, that is a official ILM promo render.
    I'd like to try and model the Enterprise using Tobias's work as a reference. Does anyone here have or know where I can find the WIP pictures Tobias used throughout this thread? Almost all of them are now gone. I know I could ask Tobias himself, but he has already shared them before and I don't dare ask him to re-post them just on my account. I was hoping to find some refs on Flickr, but it doesn't look like a good source. Tobias was already kind enough to email me the high res rotos of his fantastic work, but I need a bit more help - actually a lot more help - with the higher detailed stuff. I am pretty new to MAX and don't have a lot of time during the day to work on this, so progress will be slow, but I'll start a new thread with the build anyway. Thank in advance for any support.

Eric