Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Reliant never had to have a deflector dish. We only saw them being recessed in TNG and with some great drawings by Eric Jackill and Justicar. A great design you have.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    Reliant never had to have a deflector dish. We only saw them being recessed in TNG and with some great drawings by Eric Jackill and Justicar. A great design you have.

actually the Reliant did have a deflector array, and the Enterprise actually has the main array and a secondary one. the lower dome on both had an auxiliary deflector array according tot he blueprints.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    I added windows to the cats and some detail to the ends of them. I think that's all I want to do to them.
    1066.jpg
    Here's an idea for a possible refit adding a secondary hull. I borrowed the secondary hull from another ship just as a stand in.
    1067.jpg
    1068.jpg
    I think the textures for this part of the ship are done. I know there is some stretching along the front and back of the pylons but I think I can get away with it since I don't ever plan on gettting this close normally.
    1069.jpg
    1070.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very cool stuff, I like the idea for the secondary hull.
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    I’ve completed textures for the left side cat. Now all I have to do is the other one and get rid of the windows on the back of the saucer next to the cats.
    Here is the top of the cat.
    1076.jpg
    Here you can see the top and inside of the left cat.
    1077.jpg
    Here you can see some of the out side of the Cat with the windows lit up. It also shows the bottom and back of the cat.
    1078.jpg
    Textures are looking great.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Awesome Fozz!!
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    Tortue. Sheer torture. I can't see any flippin' pics because they're being hosted on a different site! waaaaaaaaaaaah! :cry
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    wonderful job on the textures so far and a solid design overal ! :)
    UPDATE...
    I had actually forgotten about this ship. So I thought I might as well get work done on it.
    I finished and fixed the textures on the cobra head.
    1101.jpg
    I decided that the bottom of the secondary hull needed something back there. So I added something.
    1102.jpg
    1103.jpg
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    looking good there, very nice.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed, very nice - I like your new design elements. They blend in very well with the established look.
    I love this ship.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    ItA’s a beauty!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work, looks good.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Something I was thinking about. One of the designs for the Titan (not Seans) had a boxy front structure in front of the saucer. I have seen a Romulan design with something similar (more beak like, slightly) and this Klingon design also has something similar. It might be nice to call them, say, re-enforced super-deflectors for travel in fluidic space. It would be nice to see them line up against the Undine ships.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Forgive me for jumping universes, but you are a jedi master of textures. ;)
    Thank you but I've always been more of a Sith fan myself. ;D
    I always knew you leaned to the dark side LOL!!
    Well in that case, your textures have POWAH!!!! UNLIMITED POWAH!!! :)
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    carlg wrote: »
    Well in that case, your textures have POWAH!!!! UNLIMITED POWAH!!! :)

Over 9,000?
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Over 9,000?

What?! 9000?

....Aaaand thus concludes the total derailing of poor xfozzboute's thread, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :)
    UPDATE...
    Decided to finally tackle the textures for the neck and tulip bulb. They still need a little tweaking but I’m happy with them.
    I’m now considering rebuilding the main hull of the ship there’s just too much about it I’m not really happy with.
    1141.jpg
    1142.jpg
    1143.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wonderful work, I love it.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah the second shot looks especially cool. Nice job as always :thumb: As for rebuilding, the only part that bugs me is the flat part of the main hull (as seen in the second rendering) - it just doesn't go well with the rest of the parts you designed ... but then again, it may be just me because I only like Klingon ships from the Enterprise :p
    Looking good Mate!!
    Yeah the second shot looks especially cool. Nice job as always :thumb: As for rebuilding, the only part that bugs me is the flat part of the main hull (as seen in the second rendering) - it just doesn't go well with the rest of the parts you designed ... but then again, it may be just me because I only like Klingon ships from the Enterprise :p
    It's not flat. It's actually round.

UPDATE...
    I was able to go back and fix a few problems I was haveing with he main hull. I also added a small doodad to the bottom of the warp engine. For some reason I think adding just that small bit makes the engines look a little bit beefier. I also decided to open up Inkscape and try to make a bird for the bottom of the Romulan version of the ship.
    1153.jpg
    1154.jpg
    1155.jpg
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    I was thinking of giving my D7 a Romulan paint job as well. Maybe these two images will help your design?
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    That's pretty cool. I do have a pretty clear idea of what I want to do with the Romulan ship colors.
    That pic of the bird underneath might be helpful. I'm thinking about the wings being swept back but I might just leave them since I don't know my way around Inkscape.
    UPDATE...
    Started to texture the main hull.
    1157.jpg
    1158.jpg
    1159.jpg
    1160.jpg