Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    I can’t believe it’s been about a year since I’ve worked on this. While deciding to finish the textures on the D5 I thought I might as well make them completely different since the ship is older than the D7. Ignore the textures on the neck thay’ve gone fubar.
    1471.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    It almost looks like two different paint schemes... one on the body, and one on the head. (ignoring the neck, which you said was not up to snuff).
    That's because it's not done. When it is it will be all one color.
    UPDATE...
    Getting started on the new neck textures.
    1472.jpg
    Here’s a shot of the new textures for the big round bit. Hopefully I can be done with this tonight. I’ve got orthos to do and I’ve already mocked up an idea for a new pic.
    1473.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    You've decided to go with Romulan-blood green, then?
    It's more of a dark pea green actually.:D I do plan on converting my D7 to Romulan colors since I'm doing this anyway. The Romulan will more light grey and dark blue like colors.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice textuer work!
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Neck textures are now complete. All I need to do now are the disrupters, main hull and warp engines.
    1474.jpg
    The shuttlebay textures are now done and I made new textures for the impulse engines. This will help me save a few polygons.
    1475.jpg
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good! Love your work, you've captured the very simple, clean lines of TOS witout making it look cheap, reading one of your threads is always a pleasure.

Also, I liked the D-6 (I think it was a D-6) version with the blue bands around the neck. I know you said to just ignore it, but it looked to plain cool. The Stripes would look nice on, say, a "elite" D-7.
    Dam X your Textuer work is the best I have seen.
    Thanks, but I suck compared to many others I've seen. A total noob. :D

UPDATE...
    Nearly done. I probably should have finished this yesterday but I should be completely done by Thursday.
    1476.jpg
    Here’s the bottom and back of the hull.
    1477.jpg
    I got the engines done but I need to fix a few things. I also added a few more red graphics to the ship to break up all that green.
    1478.jpg
    Looking great!
    UPDATE...
    Well I think I’m calling this one done. Unless I find something I don’t like. Now I’ll get to work on those orthos.
    1479.jpg
    1480.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work XFozzboute:thumb:
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Dam fine work but really wierd seeing a klink design with the nacelles arranged like that.
    She turned out really nice.
    And it is done.
    d5final.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Looks terrific!
    I have an idea for a variant... Put the "wings" ala D7, but flipped up and add a weapon in the "elbow" of the wings. :D
    UPDATE...
    While fixing the textures on my U.S.S. Swiften I thought up a new picture but with a shuttle. So I went back and decided to modify the one I had a make a slightly larger Tactical shuttle for this new image. Ignore the textures because they went to crap but I’ll need to paint new ones for this anyway.
    1481.jpg
    1482.jpg
    Here it is side by side with my original shuttle.
    1483.jpg
    Look good,
    remind me of a concept John Eaves did for the last Trek film.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Neat. I like those.
    Freak wrote: »
    Look good,
    remind me of a concept John Eaves did for the last Trek film.
    I decided to add a few elements from the movie.
    Basill wrote: »
    Neat. I like those.
    Thanks.
    UPDATE...
    I was gonna try and keep this simple and get it doen fast. Well, so much for that.
    I added a few more bits to make it look more armored and I increased the size of the armor on the back.
    1484.jpg
    Decided to add some ladning gear.
    1485.jpg
    Here’s a good look at the landing gear.
    1486.jpg
    Nice I like the landing gear.
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. I must say, it's always a pleasure to read one of your threads; lots of good stuff.

I like the landing skids, seems like an oft-forgotten part of a ship. But what's with the red striping?
    The red stripes are nothing but textures going wonky on this one. I'll be making all new textures for this version of the shuttle.
    UPDATE...
    Started to work on textures for the engine cowl and finished up some of the detail on the back of the warp engines. Still a little bit to go.
    1487.jpg
    1488.jpg
    1489.jpg
    1490.jpg
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Shaping up well indeed
    Looking great!
    UPDATE...
    I finished the textures for the engine cowl and just need to add a few final touches to the wing textures.
    I also started the textures for the side. Still need to add a few things to finish it up. The colored strip will be different depending on the role the shuttle will fill.
    1491.jpg
    1492.jpg
    I also finished the textures for the back of the shuttle.
    1493.jpg