Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    I agree with it looking a little unbalanced right now but it's still kind of rough. I know I won't do the four nacell thing because I've never liked ships like that and I like the current slickness of the ship. I will have to come up with something to balance it a bit more but I'll have to finish the D7 first.
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    I love when people model some of Matt Jefferies' rejected designs - they're still pretty cool as far as "drafts" go, and they're usually something nobody has tried modelling before. :D

I'd have to get out my TOS sketchbook again, but if I remember correctly, doesn't the "secondary hull" of the Klingon ship here angle backwards? For example, if you rotated the secondary hull 180 degrees (back to front), I think it might look more streamlined. Not that it needs to be, being a spaceship and all, but it might look cooler. Just my two cents. :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    ^

I also love that this TOS concept is finally seeing some 3D treatment. This was always one of my favorite TOS Klingon designs, and I would have loved to see it in action on Starship Exeter. :)
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    BA, it's great to hear from you! I'm happy to see that you're finally in NYC. :)
    UPDATE...
    I finished the build on the shuttle bay part of the ship.
    976.jpg
    I also finished most of the textures for the top of the Cobra Head.
    977.jpg
    978.jpg
    979.jpg
    980.jpg
    I also included a peek at what might become Romulan textures.
    981.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow looks amazing Fozz ! :thumb: I always like your texturing style. I think that the maps could use a bit more brownish and "noisy" speculars because right now they seem too glossy.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking really great Mate.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, nice work, here!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Magnificent Fozz!
    Wow looks amazing Fozz ! :thumb: I always like your texturing style. I think that the maps could use a bit more brownish and "noisy" speculars because right now they seem too glossy.
    I'll tweek them as I go along.

Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    I started to texture the center of the Tholian ship. They turned out a little darker than I would have liked to I'll have to work on them a little more. I still have a few edges to chamfer and some more details I might like to add.
    9971.jpg
    9981.jpg
    999.jpg
    That looks great. looks like they just need to iluminated a little more.
    I like the colouring.
    UPDATE...
    Getting some more texture work done on the ship. Mostly it’s the bottom, left side and back of the main hull. There’s still the right side of the ship to do and the three parts that stick out.
    1005.jpg
    1006.jpg
    1007.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i think the yellow thingy needs some kinda meshin surrounding it.... prob aint canon buti think it would look better..
    Coming along nicely.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work, the tholian ship's looking great!
    colbmista wrote:
    i think the yellow thingy needs some kinda meshin surrounding it.... prob aint canon buti think it would look better..
    Make it shiny, like candy, instead :D
    make what shiney?
    The...yellow...thingy..
    nah the glwo is fine i jsut think it needs some kidna of mesh/grill type thing covering it/
    No it won't have any thing covering it. That's not the way I want it.
    should try it out u might like it :P
    *looks at Fozz' Avatar, decides not to argue*
    Well it's been awhile time since I last worked on this ship.
    UPDATE...
    The final textures for the upper saucer. I always liked the idea that the coffee stain on the saucer might be different colors for different classes of ships. So instead of the greenish color fo the destroyers like the Saladin, Swiften and Kelvin I made this brown for cruisers.
    10391.jpg
    I considered having the outline of the NCC number on the top of the saucer have a small amount of self illumination. But instead I think I'll save it for the more advanced Enterprise I may or may not build.
    1040.jpg
    Here is a shot of the Archer's NCC numbers under the saucer and on the warp engines.
    1041.jpg
    Lower textures for the part between the two Cats.
    1042.jpg
    Upper view of new detail on the Cats and upper textures on the thingy between them.
    1043.jpg
    May be due to the angle of the shots, but isn't the aft pod in the way of the impulse exhaust?
    No it's actually raised up and out of the way.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nice work.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Love your Loknar-Class but where's the deflector system, embedded under the hull like the Miranda-Class? That's the only thing that's ever irked me about this class of ship.
    Thank you but this is the Archer class and in the third picture you can see the deflector system.
    Very cool Texture work Mate.