Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    And I think of them with a dash of Viking.

In TNG, definately. In TOS...not so much the "barbarian warrior" thing. :thumb:
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Promus wrote: »
    In TNG, definately. In TOS...not so much the "barbarian warrior" thing. :thumb:
    In this document, the section on "Aristocrat Tribal Societies" always sounded a bit Klingon to me.
    History Explained

The document is based on the thesis that primitive societies can be analyzed by how they deal with the problem of obtaining enough food to feed everybody.
    Most of these people lived in mountains, deserts, and difficult hill country where it was just not possible to produce a reliable food surplus. They were tough, well armed, and sometimes envious of the wealth that was produced by their more prosperous neighbors. It used to be common for many of them to raid their neighbors for food, women, and moveable wealth. It was a very macho form of society that admired physical toughness and ability with weapons. These aristocrat tribal societies seem to have a high level of resistance to the transition into modern nation-states.
    Well, that certainly sounds like TOS Klingons. In "Day of the Dove," Mara talks about how the Klingons are "a poor people," and how they're "hunters" by nature, who must "push outward to survive." But they certainly weren't like the neanderthal/viking "warriors" from TNG, whose ability to be a spacebourne culture doesn't seem very likely.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Pic 1 I added windows and tested a possible texture. Kind of looks like grass. Maybe the Klingons are getting into golf.
    936.jpg
    Pic 2 More details on the neck and a few windows.
    937.jpg
    Pic 3 I'm thinking about placing some disrupters under the hull. I'm also starting to block in the warp engines.
    938.jpg
    Pic 4 Here is the aft photon launcher.
    939.jpg
    Pic 5 This is to show scale. The Klingon is one big mother.
    940.jpg
    Nice work so far, Fozz! I like how you're keeping the Klingon design more in line with TOS than with the JJ Abrams version. :)

Although I'm not sure on that green texture...I'd stick with grey metallic colors. Green hulls always looked cheesy, especially if they're the same color as grass.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Keep with the disruptors in the underside. Looks good.
    The grass really looks strange. Almost cardassian. :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nacelles look too short
    UPDATE...
    I redid the textures for the upper deck and changed them from green to a light brown.
    943.jpg
    And the warp engine is nearly done.
    944.jpg
    945.jpg
    946.jpg
    947.jpg
    Now THAT'S a good color! I really like how worn and battered it looks. What images are you using for the windows?
    I know you probably won't like it but.:D I using screen grabs from Star Trek 5 and 6.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    lol
    In the end it all comes down to plain old common sense.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Well...have not checked on this lately...Looks great! A few suggestions for your considerations

1. a weapon system on the nacelle housing type area
    2. a weapon system on the rear [or both sides of the center top "shuttle area"]
    3. a sweet designed commander yacht type vessel attached to the underbelly for hunting parties whatever.....

these are all just things for you to think about. A battleship would be well defended for all forms of attacks in my mind, the last suggestion is something I often thought about would look cool

Your doing a excellent job but that is something you always do....
    EBOLII wrote: »
    Well...have not checked on this lately...Looks great! A few suggestions for your considerations

1. a weapon system on the nacelle housing type area
    2. a weapon system on the rear [or both sides of the center top "shuttle area"]
    3. a sweet designed commander yacht type vessel attached to the underbelly for hunting parties whatever.....

these are all just things for you to think about. A battleship would be well defended for all forms of attacks in my mind, the last suggestion is something I often thought about would look cool

Your doing a excellent job but that is something you always do....

1. That's something I definately don't want. Not on this ship anyway.
    2. I do plan on doing that. A few disrupters on the shuttle bay is in the works.
    3. It's a cool idea but not for this ship. I still want this to look and feel like the original D7 just with a few upgrades. I don't want to disturb the profile of the ship too much. But I might do it for another Klingon ship.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    I know you probably won't like it but.:D I using screen grabs from Star Trek 5 and 6.

Haha...well, I guess you have to use whatever works. And I've always been partial to Star Trek 5. ;)

What did you use for the windows in the Benedict XVI?
    I used grabs from TOS. What else? :D
    Haha, nice! I looked closely at them and thought that's what it was, but I wasn't sure. :D
    UPDATE...
    I've added windows to the tulip bulb part of the ship.
    948.jpg
    More textures for the upper deck and adjustments to the older ones.
    949.jpg
    Decided on the placement for the aft disrupters and started to detail the shuttle bay area.
    950.jpg
    X that color so far is right on....you planning on adding any green? armor plating? or keeping with the TOS look altogether?
    Thanks Ebolii. I'm gonna try to keep it close to TOS. If I add any green it might be replacement panels that haven't geen painted or something like that. No armor plating on this ship unless I come up with something I like and is subtle enough to keep it from straying too far into TMP territory.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Good texture, is it combat damage, since rust won't form in space? The potential there is pretty great, you could have a crater that was smoothed out. It indicates repair, damage absorption, without actual hull replacement.

Will you be setting the images in the windows back a few meters so there is some perspective shift when looking at the windows from different angles?
    However....added thought.......you do need to complete that Klingon Shuttle to go with with this
    I hope he keeps it more in line with the TOS look - green-hulled ships always looked cheesy, to me.

Fozz, as long as we're on the subject of disruptor placement, will you be putting any of them in the locations shown on TOS?
    Not green hulled as he said green panels etc
    Good texture, is it combat damage, since rust won't form in space? The potential there is pretty great, you could have a crater that was smoothed out. It indicates repair, damage absorption, without actual hull replacement.

Will you be setting the images in the windows back a few meters so there is some perspective shift when looking at the windows from different angles?
    I would say it's mostly battle damge mixed with general use. And also not useing the best materials available.
    EBOLII wrote: »
    However....added thought.......you do need to complete that Klingon Shuttle to go with with this
    I don't think I've ever built a Klingon shuttle.:confused:
    Promus wrote: »
    I hope he keeps it more in line with the TOS look - green-hulled ships always looked cheesy, to me.

Fozz, as long as we're on the subject of disruptor placement, will you be putting any of them in the locations shown on TOS?
    I have no problem with green hulled ships but I really want the different aliens to have different colors for thier ships. I'm really happy with the disrupter placements as they are now. I think the ship is well covered.
    I went through your blog and didn't see it. You would know better than I.
    I thought you had a rough-out of one when you started the BOP project....Any bells? Well then, here you go. a great ship with shuttle access and no shuttles.....hint
    This is an option for another Klingon ship based on an old idea by Matt Jefferies.
    956.jpg
    957.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a bird going for a dive.
    Nice work on the ship!
    You're right it kind of does. I didn't even think of it while doing it. I might call this a D6.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Fozz - It looks great but a little unbalanced...Like it needs some sort of "wings" - smaller than the regular nacelle pyalons but it does need something...Another alternative would be two more of the nacelles on the bottom for a total of four...Just a suggestion...

Either way, I love what you've got so far. Looks great. :thumb: