Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Thank you. :)

UPDATE...
    I added doors for loading and unloading cargo and A few hatches so people can move from on module to another while in transit.I also started to work on the textures for the cargo module.
    839.jpg
    840.jpg
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Whoa, I'm lovin' those textures!! Faded lettering, splattered hull...VERY cool! :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    That pod certainly already has his best age past. :)
    Nice work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Sweet... But why not make the doors between the containers squares instead of door shaped? That way you do not have to worry about container alignment.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant job and have to agree that the textures are top notch
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Looking at the detail, it appears that some poor sap got caught in one of the loading doors! That's quite a mess there.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Hyperspace wrote: »
    Sweet... But why not make the doors between the containers squares instead of door shaped? That way you do not have to worry about container alignment.
    I didn't think it would be a problem because I figure the ships computer could limit any misalignment.:D
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the detail of the two-word "Star Fleet" as opposed to "Starfleet" - I know it's not a big issue, but I always thought it was cool when people on TOS would pronounce it as if it were two words instead of one, for some reason. :)
    That's the way it was on my reference material so I went with it.:thumb:

UPDATE...
    I've added more details to the Tholian ship and beveled a few edges. I also changed the glowy bits with the help of Apophosis. I like this version much better than the other one.
    845.jpg
    846.jpg
    847.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    Apophosis?
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    EBOLII wrote: »
    Apophosis?
    I think he meant Apophysis

Running it through Google Images should give you a better idea of what it does.
    Yeah lennier1 is right.:) I suffer from internet dyslexia.:)
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    LOOOOVE your designs! ~~ more tholians, please! :-D
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I love your Bonaventure-Class on page 11, but not so fussy about your TOS-era Saber-Class on page nine. The NX-Class on page five is ok, but I'd love to see a TNG/Titan-era refit on the Loknarprise.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    how many ships are you working on right now X?
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    I love your Bonaventure-Class on page 11, but not so fussy about your TOS-era Saber-Class on page nine. The NX-Class on page five is ok, but I'd love to see a TNG/Titan-era refit on the Loknarprise.
    Thank you. The Bonaventure still needs a lot of work. Not a fan of the Titan design so I won't be touching anything like that any time soon.
    kborak wrote: »
    how many ships are you working on right now X?
    Anywhere between 10 and 20 probably.:thumb: That includes some of the quick drawings I've done.

UPDATE...
    I have a smattering of different ships here. More examples of textures for Ptolemy's cargo modules.
    848.jpg
    851.jpg
    I've also included the work I did for the Kelvin's windows.
    852.jpg
    And a new idea for a heavy tug/transport.
    855.jpg
    You a madman X. The work is as awesome as usual!
    MMM..I'm liking the JJ-prise version of the U.S.S. Progress (Mediterranean-Class).
    Never heard of it.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Those container textures are fantastic! Is that just a diffuse map, or have you got a specular or bump map as well?
    I notice when you pair them together like in the first pic, the grey streaks at the top look oddly symmetrical. Unless that area is going to be hidden by something, you might want to change something there to make it look more random.

The the heavy transport in the last pic is a really nice setup. It reminds me a bit of the Kobayashi Maru that we saw (very briefly) in the movie.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    I love that freighter. We never see the freighters... why is that? And these are pretty believable. Great detail. I like the TWO brackets unter the hull to pull TWO containers, don't think I've seen that before.

Great job. I so want to learn that kind of texturing...
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Polaris 004: Try this tutorial. I swear by Stefan Morrell, the man is a genius:

Tutorial: Hard Surface Texture Painting - Game Artist Forums

Hope it helps! :)
    carlg wrote: »
    Those container textures are fantastic! Is that just a diffuse map, or have you got a specular or bump map as well?
    I notice when you pair them together like in the first pic, the grey streaks at the top look oddly symmetrical. Unless that area is going to be hidden by something, you might want to change something there to make it look more random.

The the heavy transport in the last pic is a really nice setup. It reminds me a bit of the Kobayashi Maru that we saw (very briefly) in the movie.

Thank you. The texture is a diffuse map with a specular map and shinyness map. I'm ok with the symmetrical look of the textures for now. Unless I do an image that really focuses on the modules it shouldn't be much of a problem. Plus I don't want to go through the work of haveing to do 12 unique textures for something that probably won't be seen all that much.

And that tutorial is a great one.:thumb:
    U.S.S. Progress, from the "Star Trek: CoE" trek lit series, Dr. Kathrine Pulaski (TNG) was a doctor aboard this ship.
    That explains why I've never heard of it. :) I'd run away screaming from anything involving Pulasky. :D

UPDATE...
    Well I figured this thing was so damn close to being finished I might as well push it over that edge. I textured the neck that connects to the secondary hull. And I added windows and textures to the secondary hull. Since the navigation deflector has been moved I added a texture to the lower sensor dome under the saucer. Now all I really need to do is change some of the names and this one is finished. So it can blast the crapola out of some Klingons. :D
    857.jpg
    859.jpg
    861.jpg
    You know your ships are just beyond well done. I love how your saladin looks, the deflector on the top looks so much better than the original underslung one.
    Thank you but this isn't the Saladin. This is based on the Kelvin from the new movie.
    oh well either way I like it! I should have noticed that texture on other ships stil LOL.
    UPDATE...
    I've gone back and added textures to the warp engines of the U.S.S. Archer. I also added small details and textures to the warp pylons. I may make new textures for the opposite engine so they don't look the same.
    9041.jpg
    905.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    I don't think the nacelles look identical enough for anyone to notice that :D If anything , I would change the struts holding the pod - if you mirrored them so that they face backwards, they would look a bit better IMO (by going with the nacelle pylons' rear edge)