Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    I agree the details are subtle enough that it's not that noticeable that they are the same.
    And they looks really nice too :)
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work, Fozz! That's not a bad design - a TOS-era Akira-class. :D
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Well I was hoping that I wouldn't start another ship before the end of the year, but recently got a copy of the new Art of Star Trek book and I've got a bunch of new ideas in my head. This is based on the new Klingon ship.
    906.jpg
    907.jpg
    908.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice update, looks good.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    I liked the gun placement and how it looked like they could swing up, down, and out ninety degrees. I'm liking the bow of this design too.
    UPDATE...
    More of my Klingon ship.
    I've added a photon torpedo tube and some cut outs to the lower front part of the upper deck.
    912.jpg
    Second I've added stuff to the sides of the upper deck. A few details behind the bridge and most importent. Two disrupters.
    913.jpg
    The last picture shows more details behind the bridge and some changes made to the neck to make look a bit more beefy.
    914.jpg
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Ha, coolness, dude. Look forward to seeing up you come up with on this version. :)

deg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah you always come up with some crazy stuff, I will be looking forward to the Klingon ship !
    Nice, Fozz!

Random piece of trivia, but Matt Jefferies originally designed that hole in the front of the D7 to be analogous to the Enterprise's sensor dish - not a torpedo launcher. :)
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Looks alien to me........what species is that?
    I'm certain I mentioned it was Klingon.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I can't believe you answered that.................................*tap tap.....tap* This thing on......

Looking great bud.....what is the size compared to the bop your doing
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, I like the nose-thingie. Reminds me of klingons' bumpy foreheads.
    Nice work!

In the last render, the blob part appears to be a bit bumpy (left edge :S)?
    If those turret guns looked more Klingon, would it look good or would the detail be lost to the guns' smallness?
    EBOLII wrote: »
    I can't believe you answered that.................................*tap tap.....tap* This thing on......

Looking great bud.....what is the size compared to the bop your doing
    I really don't know. It will be at least 300 meters.
    Melak wrote: »
    Heh, I like the nose-thingie. Reminds me of klingons' bumpy foreheads.
    Nice work!

In the last render, the blob part appears to be a bit bumpy (left edge :S)?
    I think that might just be the angle. I'm rather happy how the blob part turned out.
    If those turret guns looked more Klingon, would it look good or would the detail be lost to the guns' smallness?
    What do you mean more Klingon? The guns aren't all that small actually, about the size of a man. I may still increase the size by a very small percentage but I won't change the look. They're exactly what I imagined.:thumb:
    UPDATE...
    IA’ve nearly got the secondary hull in shape. It will take a little tweaking to get just right. The warp engines are temp.
    928.jpg
    929.jpg
    930.jpg
    931.jpg
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    So is this supposed to be an alt version of a D-7?
    Yes it is.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    I've always liked the shape of the original Klingon ships. Very cool model!
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Yes it is.

That just makes this even cooler in my eyes. Klingons rock, however fed ships are easier to model for the still newbies like my self lol!
    UPDATE...
    I finished the basic body of the ship and now need to work on ideas for the warp engines. I also increased the size to about 350 meters long. The new Enterprise I'm thinking about will be nearly 400 meters.
    I've got three version of the Klingon Disrupters. I like all three.:D
    932.jpg
    I don't know what that boxy thing on the back of the upper part of the D-7 is but mine will be a shuttle bay.
    933.jpg
    I also added some more to the neck. I don't know if I'll keep the disrupters there or not.
    934.jpg
    And the final picture shows the impulse engines and what should become the shuttle bay.
    935.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    KA’apla !!! :D
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Looking great so far, Fozz. :)
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    It is a good day to die...

of envy!

Truly a vessel fit for a warrior!
    I see you're keeping it more in line with the TOS design than the re-design that they used for STXI. Nice work! :D
    Starship wrote: »
    KA’apla !!! :D
    JWWright wrote: »
    It is a good day to die...

Truly a vessel fit for a warrior!

Geez people, these are TOS Klingons we're talking about...and they weren't like that. You're thinking of TNG Klingons, and this isn't a TNG Klingon ship. :thumb:
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771265 PNWPosts: 758Member
    Promus wrote: »
    Geez people, these are TOS Klingons we're talking about...and they weren't like that. You're thinking of TNG Klingons, and this isn't a TNG Klingon ship. :thumb:

So then... It's more about getting drunk, bar fights, and being a menacing allegory for Communists?
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    They showed up in more episodes than just "Trouble with Tribbles," you know. :p Sheesh, don't you people watch any Star Trek episodes that DON'T feature the TNG/DS9/VGR crew? :lol:
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    The TOS Klingons were never really supposed to be that blatantly analogous to the red commies... when Gene Roddenberry first developed the ideas for the Klingon culture, he originally had in mind for them to be like the feudal Chinese.
    And I think of them with a dash of Viking.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    What do you mean more Klingon? The guns aren't all that small actually, about the size of a man. I may still increase the size by a very small percentage but I won't change the look. They're exactly what I imagined.:thumb:

Sorry about not being clear. The guns on the Bird of Prey, Neg'Var, and the belly turret guns of some Klingon ships from Enterprise, as well as the cheek guns from the Enterprise Bird of Prey are all long barrel guns. So, I associate long barrel guns with Klingonness. Although, the movie D7 did have teeny turrets with no discernible barrels.

I like the left gun out of the three turrets. I would like it more with the articulation to raise and lower the barrel, but it's doubtful that would be visible from the distances at which the ship will be seen, so it's not really needed. It could potentially be useful, though, for occasional close ups.

Over all, progress on the ship is looking very good.