Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Since I was a little kid, and got my first copy of Franz Joseph's Technical Manual, I've been a fan of the single nacelle scout / destroyers. Your version is fantastic, and I particularly like the housing behind the deflector dish on the ventral side of the saucer... that's a great touch, and much better (in my opinion) than the spindly structure FJ had there.

Well done, sir!
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Promus wrote: »
    The Alternate Fozzboute Star Trek Universe looks pretty fun. ;)

Cotton candy for everyone. It is a utopia after all.:thumb:
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    Since I was a little kid, and got my first copy of Franz Joseph's Technical Manual, I've been a fan of the single nacelle scout / destroyers. Your version is fantastic, and I particularly like the housing behind the deflector dish on the ventral side of the saucer... that's a great touch, and much better (in my opinion) than the spindly structure FJ had there.

Well done, sir!
    I've said it before. I really like one nacelled ships. Even with only one engine, from the right angle they can look very fast.

UPDATE...
    Well I'm finally back at it.:fishslap:
    The ship is nearly finished. I just have to fix some minor mesh errors on the bottom of the saucer and finish the textures for the shuttle and I can put a big done stamp on it.
    These aren't the official orthos but the ship is done enough at this point to do them.
    719.jpg
    720.jpg
    721.jpg
    722.jpg
    723.jpg
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    NICE orthos on such a delicious-looking ship!! TOS ships always look best from the front, back, and side. Outstanding work, as always! :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Am a bit surprised to see the Imperial logo angled here...

You could even make the swords crossbar be the hyphen between NCC and 500.
    The way I have it now makes it easier for me to make into a standard Federation ship by turning off the imperial logo.
    UPDATE...
    While adding a new texture to the back of the shuttle I thought about two more ideas.
    A. Is a small shuttle pod. Kind of like the one from Star Trek: Enterprise.
    B. Is the standard shuttle.
    C. Is a large shuttle used by larger ships and ground and space stations. I was thinking something like the shuttles used in the new Star Trek movie.
    728.jpg
    729.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice alterations.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Just a 2 cent comment, but the third version could be a bit longer in the body, which would help imply the large hold capacity in my view. But like I said just my 2 cents worth. :-)
    That was really more of a test to see if it might work. The body is longer and thicker and not meant to hold as much as they did in the movie. But still more that the standard shuttle.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Hey X........blah blah blu blah N all that....good small talk is out of the way....What up with the Klingon and Cardassian vessels bud?.....Love the approach to the shuttles!
    Yadda yadda yadda.:)
    I'm still working on the Klingon and Cardassian ships. I'm just a little stalled out on ideas for The Klingon ship right now. And the biggest problem I have at the moment with the Cardassian ship is how to do the textures. I'll get back to those ships I get some of my smaller ships done and out of the way and I feel like I want to work on those. I some times open the files and just look at them and don't know where to go. I will finish them I promise.:)
    The shuttle is done. I also decided to add an escape hatch to the top.
    730.jpg
    731.jpg
    732.jpg
    733.jpg
    734.jpg
  • DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    The shuttle has a very utilitarian look to it.
    Super minor nitpick, the texture is obvious symmetrical on the top view near the back of the shuttle. Other than that, I think the texture job fits the shuttle perfectly. Cheers!
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I actually like shuttle C best....................
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Fozz awsome work really, what Ive come to expect! The shuttle looks spot on and fully in line with the difference in looks from TOS to ST:X (which is what I have dubbed your universe lol). Personally I think you should finish all the shuttles for different uses!
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I like those shuttles, and I love the textures you use on the your ships, they give them a much more "real" feel.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann628 Posts: 1,283Member
    I agree re: the textures, it reminds me of an old fridge or a truck at the lake I used to go to, just old, tough, and reliable, still works. I bet the interior would have that same old but useful feel as well. Knobs, heavy click buttons, big switches, hard uncomfortable seats, dirty carpet... awesome.

Chris
    Dmitri wrote: »
    The shuttle has a very utilitarian look to it.
    Super minor nitpick, the texture is obvious symmetrical on the top view near the back of the shuttle. Other than that, I think the texture job fits the shuttle perfectly. Cheers!
    I'm ok with the symmetrical texture on top. This is really meant to be a background ship. It's the closest I've come to doing something lo-poly.:D
    EBOLII wrote: »
    I actually like shuttle C best....................
    Thanks. I like shuttle C alot. I think I'll make it a litle bit bigger.
    kborak wrote: »
    Fozz awsome work really, what Ive come to expect! The shuttle looks spot on and fully in line with the difference in looks from TOS to ST:X (which is what I have dubbed your universe lol). Personally I think you should finish all the shuttles for different uses!
    I guess you could call it sub-trek:) I plan on doing the other shuttles as I need them. Right now I only need the standard one since the Saladin class is a small ship.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I like those shuttles, and I love the textures you use on the your ships, they give them a much more "real" feel.
    Thank you.
    I agree re: the textures, it reminds me of an old fridge or a truck at the lake I used to go to, just old, tough, and reliable, still works. I bet the interior would have that same old but useful feel as well. Knobs, heavy click buttons, big switches, hard uncomfortable seats, dirty carpet... awesome.

Chris
    Thank you. I like the little rough around the edges look opposed to the typical "starfleet clean" look. Space is a dangerous place and I think the ships should reflect that.
    UPDATE...
    I decided to flesh out the Kelvin version of this ship.
    750.jpg
    751.jpg

At my blog you'll find a new idea for another ship. :)
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Looks great Fozz. The camera angles look pretty odd though...The ship looks like it's a 6 inch long characterture. :)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks fine Fozz!
    I believe it is the time for you to make a header. ;)
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    very nice! :D
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    yet another WOW!
    UPDATE...
    Well I couldn't keep myself from working on a Trek ship so I opened my Wip folder and the first file I had was the U.S.S. Archer. I rebuilt the Catamarans and started to detail the thingy that is between them.
    Here is the thingy. I don't know what it actually is, so it's now a thingy. I also added aft phasers to it.
    799.jpg
    800.jpg
    And these are the new cats. Still in the early stages of design.
    802.jpg
    805.jpg
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    I love this model, its excelllent.
  • the Animaniacthe Animaniac179 Posts: 138Member
    At the NX 01 this Thingy is called "Warp-Field-Governor", its to be to generate a Symetric Warp-Field.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like the kelvin version! It appears to have no shuttlebay though?
    The shuttlebay is still in the saucer. I'm still thinking about putting a shuttle bay on the secondary hull of the Kelvin but it won't be in the back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Ugh. I like your stuff but I am NOT a fan of NX-01 designs. :-)

I would recommend that you at least remove the useless little thing between the catamarans. It was just an Akira holdover anyway.
    I prefer the NX to the Akira and the thing stays.