Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• F9thCenturusF9thCenturus331 Posts: 5Member
    I love it. Simply love it.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool Textuers as always.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Thank you. :D

UPDATE...
    Most of the hull is textured now and as you can see this Klingon Captain likes to keep track of how many Federation dogs he's destroyed.
    1161.jpg

Started to work on the textures for the bottom of the ship. Just a little bit more to add and it's done. I included the Romulan bird to see how it looks. I like it. The Romulan version of this ship will be colored different.
    1162.jpg
    1163.jpg
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    So, if it's not a reboot, is it supposed to be a successor to the D7 / K'Tinga? What's her name? Either way, I like it, especially how you connected the nacelles to the pylons. Just tone down the relective shine a little. Klingon ships should be dirty and rusty, not sparkle with cleanliness like on the neck in the last render. ;)
    Calling it not a reboot is mostly a joke since I started these ships around the time of the last movie and everyone appeared to be doing their own version of everything. So this is my version of a D7. I'll be keeping the specularity as it is because I personally like the look. These ships aree far from clean.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Exactly, they are greasy! :p
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I like how the ship looks like it's grabbing the warp units.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Cool because that is kind of what I wanted. I didn't just want them stick on at the ends. I wanted them to look intergrated into the ship.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    It worked! Looking good XFozzboute, looking good :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Looks great Fozz. Therefore, I believe you overdone the dust over the wings' borders. ;)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yup I like that wing-engine transition as well :thumb: The whole ship is cool too but the speculars seem to have too much difference in intensity on the wings' edges.
    That's some stuff I'll have to work on.

UPDATE...
    Finished the textures for the shuttle bay.
    And it's official. A world without Leslie Nielson is a world that sucks.
    1188.jpg
    1189.jpg
    1190.jpg
    1191.jpg
    1192.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    A world without Leslie Nielson is a world that sucks.

Surely you can't be serious?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, I love it, looks great.
    Pagrin wrote: »
    Surely you can't be serious?
    Well since he just died I would say yes. I am serious.
    And don't call me Shirley.:lol:
    Due to my father’s current health I’ve not been getting too much done and I don’t know how much I’ll get done in the future. The next few weeks will let me know.
    I fixed issues I had with the textures on this ship. I’m much happier with them now. All I have left to do is finish the warp engines and start on the disrupters.

1193.jpg
    1194.jpg
    1196.jpg
    Never mind double post. This place is geting almost as bad Foundation 3D.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    What do you mean?......looks good
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    Lovin' your take on the D7 mate, but sorting out your dad comes first. Here's hoping his return to good health is one of your Christmas presents this year. :)

Looking forward to more of your great work when you're able.
    UPDATE...
    My D7 is finished and ready to make some Federation Captians soil there tighty whities. Now I’ll have to put together some orthos.
    1235.jpg
    1236.jpg
    1237.jpg

Here is the Klingon D5. A smaller Klingon ship that most Federation ships can stand toe to toe with. I have to adjust a few textures and add support for the warp engines.
    1238.jpg
    1239.jpg
    Odd design, but I find it somewhat nice. Though I'm not sure it matches Klingon design philosophy. Ok, it got a head with the gridge and a neck and the engineering section, but it lacks wings (I know, it'd look like an offshoot of the D7 then, but EVERY Klingon ship has wings, so it's a bit odd without).
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    I tend to agree with that. I love the engines where they are - it looks great, but IMHO in needs some form of small wings, or weapons pods or something to make the design stand on its own and look less like a kitbash. I love the rest of the design but the lack of anything where the D7's wings would be just makes the design look unbalanced...
    Klingons have a design philosophy?:D And what's a gridge? :D Just kidding, well the D5 isn't finished yet. I will add something to the sides I'm just not sure yet. I'm not sure I want something sticking out of the sides. Mabe there will be some kind of plumbing and junk since this is an old design meant to be replaced by the D7.
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Hey I'm a big fan of your texture work! Any links to tutorials you can suggest for the rest of us noobies? :D
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Klingons have a design philosophy?:D And what's a gridge? :D Just kidding, well the D5 isn't finished yet. I will add something to the sides I'm just not sure yet. I'm not sure I want something sticking out of the sides. Mabe there will be some kind of plumbing and junk since this is an old design meant to be replaced by the D7.

Panels and vents always seem to work. If you can incorporate your neck detail into the areas where the wings were, that might also evolve the design.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Didn't saw that I misspelled bridge as gridge until now. Oooopsies. :lol:
    Meh, take note, kiddies, never write something in a language that's not your native one before you've got some good coffee or other drink to get your brain to nominal efficiency. :P
    Both of them looks very good Fozz.
    I would like to make a suggestion about the D5. Hope you donA’t mind about the horrid drawing over your rendering. :D
    IA’m suggesting a pylon to connect the nacele to the sec hull and, starting from the middle of that pylon, anther one when youA’ll connect the weapon. ;)
    87669.jpg
    sug.jpg 177.7K
    That's not bad but it already has the same two aft facing weapons that the D7 has. Atleast at the moment. I may change that and add aft mounted weapons to the sides of the ship.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    So, now that you have this ship complete* whats your next project? May I suggest a "JJ'd" B'Rel BoP or maybe a Next gen BoP...

* we know nothing is truly complete, rather just done fiddling with it for now.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    ...I may change that and add aft mounted weapons to the sides of the ship.

Sounds like a good idea. ;)