Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Once again your textuers are just top notice.
  • Prime_8Prime_80 Posts: 0Member
    i said it elsewhere , you're gonna' need a pressure washer for it when your done ..
    great stuff man .
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Not much more to do. I just have to do the bottom and the other side of the shuttles hull. Then I can get to work on the warp engine textures.
    1494.jpg
    1495.jpg
    1496.jpg
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. I love the texture, though the registration number on the first image looks a little wonky. I assume that's just a sand-in at this moment. Looking forwards to more!
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    ^ That first shot looks to be an earlier render - it's quite clearly the reg from the old (stand in) textures.
    UPDATE...
    Well I’m just about done. I finished the bottom of the shuttle. All I have left now are parts that connect the engines to the ship and the landing skids. I don’t really need to finish building the landing skids yet because I don’t need them in the picture I plan to do.
    1497.jpg
    Well, what do you know a christmas miracle. I actually figured out how to unwrap an object and that’s how I textured the warp engine.
    1498.jpg
    1499.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Congrates on the unwrapping. It's a bit like a special present in a way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    What did you use to make that?? Is it Maya?? or Blender??
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    he uses 3DS max
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    This shuttle is awesome - I really like the worn fuselage textures. I always thought Fed ships were a little too clean-looking, but this is refreshing.
    UPDATE...
    I decided to go back this month to do some work with my Alt-Tos stuff. I felt I needed to build a drydock so I’m working on one based on the design in one of Jackill’s books. The Archer is just there to have a ship in there. I’m building it a little bigger so the Enterprise I plan on making will fit since will be bigger than the other ships I’ve made.
    1584.jpg
    1585.jpg
    Nice to see this thread is still alive. :)
    Thanks. I kind of ran out of steam on this one for awhile.
    UPDATE...
    Started to add the main lamps.
    1586.jpg
    All the final shapes are roughed in. The one change I made is the center command area.
    1587.jpg
    1588.jpg
    Started to detail one of the main lamps and did a texture test.
    1589.jpg
    A roughed in idea for the top of the lamp
    1590.jpg
    Nice work on the dock.
    Waht are those round things in the conors.
    Umm maybe they are floaties.......mmm maybe not.
    Freak wrote: »
    Nice work on the dock.
    Waht are those round things in the conors.
    Those will be some kind of landing bays for suport craft. I guess.

UPDATE...
    I think the main light and guide wires are just about done. I just want to add maybe one more detail to it. Than I can get started on the support structures.
    1591.jpg
    1592.jpg
    1593.jpg
    1594.jpg
    Those lighting look great.
    Thanks.

UPDATE...
    This is the final look of the lamp. Don’t really see a need for more details since the polygons are getting a little out of hand.
    1595.jpg
    The final light is in place and I’ve begun to work on an idea of how to connect the structure to the spine.
    1596.jpg
    Now I’m getting an idea of how this will look.
    1597.jpg
    1598.jpg
    Those lighting panels look great.
    UPDATE...
    As usuall for me I either add too many polies or not enough. This time not enough. I’m thinking I may just start over and that’s a shame because alot of work went into this part. Or I might be able to work with what I have.
    1599.jpg
    What the bottom looks like.
    1600.jpg
    This is the basic concept for what it will look like inside.
    1601.jpg
    Double post Herpa derpa.
    really nice work, lot of space too.
    UPDATE...
    The ribs are finally in place.
    1602.jpg
    Starting on the cross beams. This went faster then I thought it would
    1603.jpg
    How it currently looks. There are a few parts that don’t need to be there anymore.
    1604.jpg
    Looking good.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Did you remodel the section that had the segmentation in the latest renders? In the post with the close ups I definitely would have suggested remodelling it, because the segmentation was quite apparent from that distance, but in that last render it looks just fine. So either you already addressed it, or it just doesn't stand out from a distance.
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Really good stuff. I remember the Jackill's version of this, and I love your additions and fleshed out details so far.

Jackill's version itself appears to be loosely based on the early Phase II version of the drydock before the project became The Motion Picture. Your's certainly looks better than either in my opinion, though I don't know that they ever even finished the Phase II version.
    Pearse wrote: »
    Did you remodel the section that had the segmentation in the latest renders? In the post with the close ups I definitely would have suggested remodelling it, because the segmentation was quite apparent from that distance, but in that last render it looks just fine. So either you already addressed it, or it just doesn't stand out from a distance.
    Nope haven't remodelled it. I keep going back and fourth about it.
    Basill wrote: »
    Really good stuff. I remember the Jackill's version of this, and I love your additions and fleshed out details so far.

Jackill's version itself appears to be loosely based on the early Phase II version of the drydock before the project became The Motion Picture. Your's certainly looks better than either in my opinion, though I don't know that they ever even finished the Phase II version.
    Thanks man.
    UPDATE...
    I wasn’t sure if I was gonna do this upper room with just textures or build it out. I decided to do a very simple build out and not much more. I need to finish this part before I can move on to the rest.
    1611.jpg
    1612.jpg
    1613.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice station there.