Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Eyegasm!

In fact, due to the remastering of TNG, you can see the reflection on the bussards in a shot from 11001001...

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x15/11001001_hd_305.jpg

It's easier to tell in motion...

So, is that how the warp field stars would look in real life due to redshift?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    I can't think of anything extra to say that hasn't been said already, but amazing work! It looks like a model shot straight out of First Contact.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    That is beyond absolutely beautiful... this should be a frakkin' poster.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    That is one of the most beautiful ship shots I've seen in ages. Takes me back to the late 90s in the best possible way.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great picture. :D
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Great models and beautiful renders.
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    That shot of both ships has a movie poster feel to it. A giant Federation symbol in the background slightly above the glow burst and a title is all that's missing!

Awesome pic!

JMoney
    A scene with this (or these) models NEEDS to be in a Ships of the Line calendar... it just needs to. Period.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    And...new desktop. :D
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Wow. Simple concept but so beautifully done. I'll second putting in for Ships of the Line. I'm sure Drexler will run you through the ringer, but it will be glorious.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Juvat wrote: »
    And...new desktop. :D

Same.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    This is not one the best ships in the genre by design but...this is one heck of a reproduction.
    I can't tell it from a model. It looks a world better than any CGI I've seen.
  • bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
    The Enterprise E lives! What an outstanding model and brilliant details. Now that would make a great edition to the calendar!
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    took some time but was worth to wait.
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    IRML, I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some of your material settings, would you? I absolutely love the material quality you've endowed your model with and am dying to know the technical details behind it.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    A pleasure as per usual to see your Ent's in action!
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    McC wrote: »
    IRML, I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some of your material settings, would you? I absolutely love the material quality you've endowed your model with and am dying to know the technical details behind it.

i know its a long thread to look through, but i seem to remember a few posts in here back towards the begining about the materials, i seem to remember trying some of it myself.

but you are absolutely right, that hull looks remarkable, just the right amounts of matt and reflect. its truly a masterpiece both in detail and texturing!
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    McC wrote: »
    you got lightwave? it's mainly just the delta material now that they've fixed things in v11
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    IRML wrote: »
    you got lightwave? it's mainly just the delta material now that they've fixed things in v11
    I don't, but presumably the underlying material algorithm can be translated to any package, with some work. Would you mind posting a description or screenshot of the settings?
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Delta is just an energy conserving material.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Dave, youA’re one of the bests between the bests!
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Perfect.
  • Aldaron87Aldaron8761 Posts: 0Member
    lovely <3
  • tooie32tooie320 Posts: 7Member
    Glad ya finished her wonder how big the file size of the full ship is hahaha. Excellent matches well to the lighting on the big screen thumbs up mate.:cool:

I am sure alot of the other guys are wondering so I thought I bring out the question will ya have the ship out to the public or no in other words the pics are the only ones are available?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Stunning mate just stunning.

Now the big question is what is your next project?
  • D-JotaD-Jota390 Posts: 47Member
    IRML wrote: »
    finished :)

Congratulations on crossing the finish line with this one; she's a real treat for the eyes. Your detailing is a joy as always! :)
    Freak wrote: »
    Stunning mate just stunning.

Now the big question is what is your next project?

I for one hope he pushes ahead with his USS Voyager model...:)
  • Master EkiMaster Eki0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm afraid to ask, but is there any chance for a public release? I would love to render with that incredible lady!
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Be afraid. Be very afraid....
  • trekkitrekki949 Posts: 1,402Member
    I guess that we as users have no chance to get this object. The only get selected user.
    Unfortunately ... :mad:
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    As is fully IRML's decision to make. ;)