Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    all the big panels are stenciled in, the tiny panels are mapped
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Extremely nice work, and very efficient too! :)
  • RekkertRekkert4055 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,305Member
    Awesome as always!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Tis looking superb as ever, Davidoff!
    ...What plans or orthos are you using? Maybe that's earlier in this long thread.
    I've not been using plans for a long time, I first started an enterprise e model back in 2004 or 2005 and I can't remember what plans I used back then, but since then every time I started again I would just refine the old sub-d model using screenshots, and I've been using only screenshots ever since

I've given up and started again about 4 times I think, I've got it to the point now where the shape is as pefect as I can get it, so this will be the final model
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    IRML wrote: »
    I've given up and started again about 4 times I think, I've got it to the point now where the shape is as pefect as I can get it, so this will be the final model

Quoted here so I can look back and laugh in 2 years. :lol:

;)
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Very nice.
    Juvat wrote: »
    You put the lifeboat numbers in their docks, but would that be necessary considering the lifeboats are a universal fit?

Personally, I'm not sure how one size would fit all... especially if they curved the pods with the hull... granted, according to what I've been reading, the pods are flat on the bottom of the heat shield, which many have said would make them stick out on some edges, but assuming the shields are curved to conform with the hull shape, the heat shield's shape wouldn't fit correctly against another part on the hull of the ship...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice work as always Dave.
    finished the greebles around this torpedo launcher, the post effects are a bit fancy for a wip render but I was testing for any speed increases after updating after effects
    91370.jpg
    It's never too much post work! Nice effect, and quality work! It was worth the effort you put into it.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    You've got to love a well placed lens flare :)

Stunning wwork as usual.. i wish there was something i could say that you need improving on, or do this to make this better, but no..

do you want to build my ship for me :)
    *wrong thread* :D
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    There's some segmenta.... <connection terminated>
  • seanrseanr1127 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 603Member
    Great wrok as always, IRML. :-)

BTW, Tobian, that avatar is ****ing hilarious! :-D
    Dam nice details.

Have you been textuering this as you go, are you going to do it all at the end?
    yeah I'm texturing it as I go, if you leave things until the end sometimes you can make the task too big to do all in one go and it just becomes tedious and slow to complete
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    You know I always TELL myself that that's how I'm going to work. Then when faced between texturing (hate) and modeling some more (love)... Well, I don't always make the right choice.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    IRML wrote: »
    yeah I'm texturing it as I go, if you leave things until the end sometimes you can make the task too big to do all in one go and it just becomes tedious and slow to complete

Or it just never gets done, a la my King George V :)
    the shuttlebay has been rebuilt to be more accurate, it's also about 3000 polys better optimised than the old one, and I've finished another patch of greebles too
    91597.jpg91598.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    With the windows are you going to put textured rooms behind them?
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    ^ I would not be surprised that after he has finished modelling the outside, he would model the interior as well.
    a few room have already been done. Which leads me to my question, will you model the room that Picard show's Lily Earth from?

Looking good Mate! :thumb:
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Damn...now THAT is something! Nice work Dave!
    I have it on good authority that Davidoff will indeed be modelling the carpet pile. Tobian, take note! :)
    ^ we already know that Andrew got the carpit fitter in, for his station.
    yeah he will model the carpet, but he's only doing a couple of rooms: I am doing the whole station interior! :p

That room in FC was utterly pointless, if one of the coolest bits of the movie all the same :D

Superb work!
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    What kind of system to do you have to render in such detail... unless the detail is just an illusion, by that I mean, the poly count is lower than the detail leads on... if you get what I mean... because looking at that, my computer would keel over at the detail I see in that shuttlebay render...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Freak wrote: »
    ^ I would not be surprised that after he has finished modelling the outside, he would model the interior as well.
    a few room have already been done. Which leads me to my question, will you model the room that Picard show's Lily Earth from?

Looking good Mate! :thumb:
    that was a cool scene, one of my favourites from the movie, I used the music from that scene in my yacht animation

I think I've worked out where that room could have been, but it wasn't a window it was a solid door, so there wouldn't be any point in me modelling it - the interiors I have done are stuff you can see from the outside
    Ture, it looked like an acess hatch (the door), that would be used during a refit. no other reason for it given that the only way in and out of the room on the ship was by jeffieres tube.

Well you could always have that door open when in dock, which would give you a reason to model it, but that would be only if you get close to it during an animation.
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    With the windows are you going to put textured rooms behind them?
    yes

windows.jpg
    91623.jpg
    They are all the same.
    I given the amount of hours you have put into this I expected each room to look different!
    Yeah I know that would take time to make each one. Still looks cool.