Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• SuddenFrostSuddenFrost171 Posts: 0Member
    I don't think any self-respecting cinematographer would want to blow out the lights but keep the shadows this dark.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    check your monitor and check nemesis, the shadows are way brighter in my renders than in the film, yes the table lights are quite bright too but I think I've found a nice balance between seeing the shadows and seeing the highlights, though there's always time for adjustment before the final composite is rendered
    hello chaps, not updated this in a while

here's why

test 00-05-08.jpg test 00-12-00.jpg test 00-16-04.jpg

almost finished it now
    87400.jpg87401.jpg87402.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Pretty smooth!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Niiiice.

I might have to copy your yacht again some time, it's real nice :p
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Dave what have I told you about post pictuers from the set of Inserction?! ;)

Looking dame fine. If those pics are from an animation, you got to post it up.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    IRML wrote: »
    hello chaps, not updated this in a while

here's why

test 00-05-08.jpg test 00-12-00.jpg test 00-16-04.jpg

almost finished it now

Those are frames from an animation, right?
    Did you use your 20-layer-method to create that cloud cover?
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good!
    ST-One wrote: »
    Those are frames from an animation, right?
    Did you use your 20-layer-method to create that cloud cover?
    yes and yes
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Oh, that looks intersting. I like the whole look of it.
  • FrontierFrontier0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy sweet jesus mother of the lords of kobol!

This is, without a doubt, one of the most visually pleasing things I've ever seen on the internet.

I must bring in my own smilie for such...

droolg.gif
  • Wow, this is one hell of a detailed Sovy! Certainly puts mine to shame. May I ask how many polys you've used by now?
    small update
    87923.jpg
    Wow, this is one hell of a detailed Sovy! Certainly puts mine to shame. May I ask how many polys you've used by now?
    couldn't say at the moment, sometime in the future I'll start getting it all together and I'll be able to tell you

I think I've only seen 1 finished sovvy in my whole time here, got any pics of yours?
    Friendly forum stalker at your service :P
    romulanale.jpg
    imagesSleepingDogs_SovyInDryDock_Upgrades.jpg
    imagesSleepingDogs_SovyEarth_Departures.jpg

http://vfxunlimited.blogspot.com/2008/02/work-in-progress-sovereign.html

By the way IRML, somewhere in the last few pages you posted a shot of the yacht bay from below, how tightly does the yacht fit? (with the pylons and all). Did you have to modify the shape of the turret from the refs to fit the yacht?

Oh and how did you/ do you plan to reconcile the whole "round-capped escape pods on hull with varying curvature" thing. The hole + same escape pod works in the flat areas near the bridge deck, but won't other places require a uniquely shaped dome for the pod? :/
    Melak wrote: »
    By the way IRML, somewhere in the last few pages you posted a shot of the yacht bay from below, how tightly does the yacht fit? (with the pylons and all). Did you have to modify the shape of the turret from the refs to fit the yacht?

Oh and how did you/ do you plan to reconcile the whole "round-capped escape pods on hull with varying curvature" thing. The hole + same escape pod works in the flat areas near the bridge deck, but won't other places require a uniquely shaped dome for the pod? :/
    the only thing that's different is the nacelles aren't as level when they're folded away, and I think that's because they tweaked them in insurrection for the folded position

I've have ideas for the lifeboats, there's not many on curved surfaces so I think it won't be needed much
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, amazing detail, for some reason, I think even more detail than on the original studio model... :P
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Beautiful details in there, shame they normally will hardly be seen! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks for posting Melak. This one has around 350K polys.

Your Sovy has a very real life feel to it. You know, like a 3-5ft studio model. Exceptional work.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That has to be the best defector I have seen on the site.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Your Sovy has a very real life feel to it. You know, like a 3-5ft studio model. Exceptional work.

Model schmodel, with that level of detail this thing looks practically life-sized! :D
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    That looks great Dave. Does this version have the bit in the center? Been so long since I saw the films I cant remember.
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    so this might be a lil bit off topic, but IRML didnt you make an animation a few years ago of the yatch's interior? i've been looking for it every where, even more so since you posted the new video last week.
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
    I did do one, I've put it on youtube for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txvygvZgCWo

I think that's almost 3 years old, so it's not very good, the cockpit has been updated recently to match the other new interiors
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    thanks! while its 3 years old it still looks amazing, have you posted images of the new version anywhere?
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
    updates....

doing the new style for this place has taken up my graphics time, but here are some screengrabs to show my progress on the panels

sorry they are just screenshots, I caught something off tehbian :p
    89773.jpg89774.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    IRML wrote: »
    updates....

doing the new style for this place has taken up my graphics time, but here are some screengrabs to show my progress on the panels

sorry they are just screenshots, I caught something off tehbian :p

Looks good, not sure if you answered this already, but are you doing the pre-Nemesis version?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Looks good, not sure if you answered this already, but are you doing the pre-Nemesis version?

Looks like the NEM version to me with the blended shuttlebay surround between the primary and secondary hulls.

Course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    mattc wrote: »
    Course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

:lol:!
    If previous versions are any indication, added torp launchers and blended saucer thingy etc, I'd say Nemesis.