Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Dam fine work as always Dave!!
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    on a side note, is this model for e-peen, still images or animations? Cause I find it hard to believe that you'd be using this for any sort of animation sequence with a model over a million polys... unless you'd make a collapsed version of it once you're finished....
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Oh gods, that's pants-wettingly awesome....
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    The 2nd scene, is that the Captain's Yacht launch bay?

Also, you still working in LW or are you using something else now?

yar and yar I'm still using LW, never used anything else
    Nadesico wrote: »
    on a side note, is this model for e-peen, still images or animations? Cause I find it hard to believe that you'd be using this for any sort of animation sequence with a model over a million polys... unless you'd make a collapsed version of it once you're finished....

you'd be suprised at what can animate, poly count doesn't do much slowing down in LW compared to shading and high res image maps and stuff, I've seen people animate my old D model and that's like 900000

that said though, it's obviously going to be for still images
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Actually Nadesico, he's baked out the lighting, which will make animations quite quick for this, because the radiosity won't have to be calculated per frame.

Stellar work IRML!
    not really an update, but I've sorted out the grainy lounge map and re-rendered the image

I found a render of the old lounge for comparison, I would say the lighting looks way better in the new one, even though that's a 1024x baked map and the old render is full radiosity, also the new one is tons more accurate to the movie

anyway I'm happy with all that now, so back to the proper modelling
    86171.jpg86173.jpg
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    IRML wrote: »
    not really an update, but I've sorted out the grainy lounge map and re-rendered the image

:o Stunning!
  • BCL323BCL3232 Posts: 0Member
    Now this is quite incredible, excellent render. Really pushing the realism. Just superb.
    I hate that you keep posting set photos and claiming that there are renders!!

seriseroliy. very nice work Dave.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Allit needs now is a cow taking over and you're all set.... ;)
    almost finished this bit now
    86253.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Meh. It looks ok I suppose :p
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Incredibly good work.
    You certainly don't see the frustration you said you feel when working with LW.
  • trekkitrekki953 Posts: 1,406Member
    very very best.
    i love it:flippy:
    some very cool details.
    with the angle you got that pic at, it looks like the nascells bit are a bit to deep.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    IRML wrote: »
    almost finished this bit now

And then it's on to modelling the toilet paper holders in the Captains en-suite! ;)

Looking fantastic, Dave. You really have to get this finished so you can get it featured in Ships of the Line or something mate. :cool:
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    here here
  • Nihilus ShadowNihilus Shadow0 Posts: 0Member
    She's looking real beautiful. I love this ship. Have any of you seen the finalized John Eaves' Sketches for Nemesis? The original plan for the film had a refit Enterprise leave drydock at the end of the film. Instead we only got to see the ship still in drydock at the end, but John Eaves posted the plans for her on his blog. It would be neat to see this variant made someday.
    86576.jpg
    bored of modelling for a bit, so animation time, here's a few screenshots

final_00103.jpg final_00171.jpg final_00260.jpg final_00345.jpg
    86638.jpg86639.jpg86637.jpg86636.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Gorgeous stuff as usual. I can't wait to see it finished!
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    One of the (very few) thing Voyager got right was to have a mostly spartan briefing room. While its nice to look at, having all those decorations lends itself to a distraction.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Spartan usually (Usually also lack of budget) leads to boring.
    This how ever is none of the above.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Man, that's pretty!
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Very nice Dave. VERY.
    Great stuff Dave. Although the spectular highlights on the hull looking out the window take away from the near photo-real feeling you've got going. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss to know how to improve them though. Perhaps a subtle detailed specular map you can turn on for such interior shots? That's getting verrry nit-picky though...It looks blood excellent. :thumb:

Got a link to the final finished animation? :cool:
    Looking again at those highlights - are your warp coil and buzzard light sources raytraced? It looks like they may not be...Maybe that's what's making that particular part look so "CG-y". Of course, if they aren't RT and you make them, it's going to bump the render time up significantly...
    yeah I can't afford to ray trace them, I did have a go but the pass was too grainy, and to get it smooth would take far too long, so I changed it to spec from lights and it looks pretty similar

I'll post the whole thing when it's finished, still rendering at the moment
    Fair enough mate. I figured as much. Looking forward to seeing the final product. :thumb:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with everyone else before me - this is downright amazing ! :thumb: I remember seeing the animation of the station's interior that you posted a long time ago and if it's any indication, the upcoming video is my most anticipated stuff on the SFM :D I just can't get over the brilliant lighting.